Andy

Andy has been my best friend for years but in the last few months I've noticed that I have a big crush on him. Actually more than a crush, it feels different to be near him. I don't want to tell him because I know that he won't like me that way and I don't want to lose him as my best friend, by telling him that I have feelings for him.

"Penelope, I need your advice."
"Sure, what's wrong?" I ask.
"There is this girl I've met a while ago and I think, that I love her. Like seriously. I've never felt something like this for a girl." He says and looks really desperate.
*He loves another girl." Is the only thing that is in my head at the moment.
"Isn't that good? What is the problem?" I ask, with a shaky voice.
Even if I knew that he doesn't feel the same, this hurt me so fucking much.
"You okay Penelope?" Andy asks, worried.
I just nod and smile.
"So what is the problem with it?" I ask again.
"Actually, there's no problem." He says and smirks.
*Wait what? Why is he smirking? Why is he doing this to me?* I think.
"What?" I ask, confused.
Suddenly Andy starts laughing.
"Why are you laughing?" I ask, a little annoyed.
"There's no other girl." Andy says, suddenly and stops laughing.
"What?" I ask, very confused.
*What is going on?* I ask myself.
"It was a test." He admits. "I just wanted to see your reaction." He adds.
I look confused at him.
"Andy tell me what's going on?" I say, impatiently.
"Okay, okay. Now I really need to tell you something. There's no girl I met a few a weeks ago. Actually I've known her for years and she's my best friend and she's sitting in front of me right now." He admits and gets more quieter to the end.
I look at him with wide eyes.
*He loves me?* I think, shocked.
"I love you too Andy." I whisper.
Andy smiles happily and lays his hands on my cheek to pull my face closer towards him to kiss me.

I really enjoy the kiss which I have waited for for months. My wish finally came true and my fears disappeared.