Chapter 8: Curiosity

Jisoo’s POV

Earlier, I went to GD and Sandara’s unit because I want to ask them for some money to buy chicken for dinner since I ran out of stock however, I heard them talking about the blind Kim so I quickly but quietly hid myself on the back of the couch to eavesdrop, and decided to tag along with them to wherever they planned on going. So here I am, currently stuck inside the tree trunk, just outside an office-looking room, not too near to be notice by them nor too far to make my eavesdropping a pointless one. It was just enough to hear their conversation and the thing I needed to hear. Another perk of having darker shade of eye, I have the power to command the trees to suck my body in but not fully, my face was still out because I’m half human, I need to breath oxygen. This was dangerous due to the fact that the tree I’m in will be very fragile so if it got hurt or get even just a tiny scratch, it will rot and I will be stuck inside of it forever. Anyway, from where I was in, I can clearly see the two bossy brats who were sipping wine like they own the place when suddenly the door banged open.

“What a surprise visit.”

Hold on, that’s the girl with the red-head that I bumped at uptown. So she’s Kim Jennie, the last ruler of the blinds.

“Yeah, what a surprise visit.”

Wait, what?! There’s two of them? We didn’t know that they were twins and the heck, they were both wearing sunglasses at night time. ‘Why do blind wear sunglasses at all? Aren’t they already seeing black so why bother?’ I thought to myself, not to be rude or anything but I just want to know. And like me, Sandara and GD were shock as well. Now we don’t know who was Jennie and whose who.

“So what can we do for you?” One of the Kim asked. Wow I got chills from the coldness of her voice.

“It was nice meeting you too. I didn’t know there were two of you.” GD stood up from the swivel chair.

Looking at the two Kim that were standing side by side, I could see that they were different in accordance of expressing their emotions since one was grinning like a psychopath, and the other one was looking like she was so done with everything.

“If I were you, I wouldn’t dare taking any more steps.” One of the Kim flatly stated. I like the attitude. Calm yet deadly.

“And why is that? Are you scared of me?” GD mocked while grinning devilishly. I rolled my eyes; he was always so full of himself.

“Hmmm... sorry to break the news to you but I must say that between the two of us, you should be the one who needs to be scared,” The cold Kim replied. “You don’t want dying in here, don’t you?”

And to my shock, Sandara and GD were having second thoughts, slightly taken aback. I can tell that they were thinking whether what they heard was real or not.

‘Bossy brats but afraid to die.’ I clicked my tongue.

“Point well-made Ms. Kim, and by the way, this wine is really good.” GD praised as he sat back on the swivel chair and for the first time I saw the expressionless girl, smile.

“Of course. That wine was made of pure grapes from Spain... and Glacial Acetic Acid that was really good for blind non-human like me but I know very well that it’s not good for green-eyed people like you.” She grinned proudly. Sandara gasped before smashing the wine bottle and glasses they were holding on the floor.

“YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS!” Sandara angrily yelled then she pulled GD towards the window. Oh crap. I need to go back to the Emerald’s. They shouldn’t know that I know something and that I followed them or else I will face GD’s wrath. I used my power to control the tree branches and carry me back to uptown in hurry, good thing I made my own path of shortcuts.

But as I got far, one of the girls shouted, “THEN MAKE ME!”

=====
Thankfully, I managed to come back at the fork shaped intersection first so I ran as fast as I could before my bosses see me. I arrived at the lobby and laid down on the couch, pretending to be relaxing. In just few minutes, the two arrived hand in hand. If they weren’t an evil couple I might ship this two because they just look so good together.

“Where have you two been?! I’ve been waiting for you.” I scoffed, trying my best to look mad.

“And why is that?” Sandara raised her eyebrow. GD’s face was unreadable, he was staring at the plain wall.

“I wanted to ask you for money. I want to buy chicken; I’m starving to death!” I exaggerated.  The annoyance was evident in my voice. I can be a good actress sometimes I cannot.

“Here, buy as many chickens you want and fly away.” She sarcastically rolled her eyes before handing me one million won. Wow, I can buy plane ticket with this and fly away. Geez. She really want me gone so bad, huh?

“Thanks, and what’s wrong with uncle GD?” I asked. He had this faraway look on his face, still lost in his thoughts whatsoever.

“Nothing. Now go do whatever you want.” Sandara dismissed me then they both went to the elevator.

I used the plants to carry me to the main gate and ran towards Zaldy’s building. All this time, I’m wondering why she built a huge and tall building if she’s the only one living in it. I entered the building and stepped on the mark then pushed the red button, pulled the lever and rotated the sundial. The floor started moving. ‘Gosh I really want to live here.’ This black and pink building was full of high-technology things. All the things were floating and the pink painted walls has dancing arts on it then the floor will automatically stop if you reached your destined destination. And speaking of that, the floor stopped moving and the wall started shaking. Like deym! It was real genius.

*beep* *beep* *beep*

The red light blinked three times that means I’m in Ms. Zaldy’s floor.

“What can I do for you, my child?” Ms. Zaldy popped out in front of me.

“Are you living here alone?” I asked as we entered the glass door.

“It’s that nicest greeting as always.” She laughed. Yeah, I asked her that every time I’m here.

“Answer it already,” I pouted as she put the glass of juice on the table. “I’m getting tired of repeating myself over and over again.” I added that made her laugh again. The guardian was always happy and smiling. Despite of being the most powerful individual living on earth, she’s still too kind and treat everyone fairly, and that’s what I really like about her.

“Okay, okay. To answer you, I’m not here alone. Actually, there’s more than four hundred infertile, two hundred elders and three hundred disable non-humans living here.” Ms. Zaldy informed.

I gasped, “Really?” She nodded. So this was where they stay that’s why I haven’t seen a lot of them, but in all angle and circumstances why the heck does this building looked deserted?

“I only speak the truth my child… Do you want to know anything else?” She inquired as she sat on her floating throne.

“What does Glacial Acetic Acid do to green eye’s body?” I took a sip of the yummy strawberry lychee juice. It was addicting, sometimes I go here just to have this drink. Hehehe

“A little intake removes some abilities but a glass will turn both of your eyes to brown and you’ll lose all your powers.” Ms. Zaldy answer left me in the state of shock. It was like a truck hitting me and crashing my bones. We’re doomed.