Chapter 76: Definitely not a killer

Jennie’s POV

I’ve lost count on how many times Chaeng sighed today. We were lying here in her bed. She just read the message that she received from Lisa not long ago and that made her cry even more. She felt overwhelmed about the thing Lisa said. She was such a softy. Afterwards, I told her not to reply since it was not a good time to flirt and I know Lisa can wait. Then I chose to shut my mouth since I don’t know what were the right things to say at this moment and just let her cry out loud. She needed it to release her frustration, dismay and pain. She has all the rights to cry since her wedding was ruined and, sadly, that fact will never change. Sitting up, I searched for her hand. I took a deep breath because I saw what’s on her mind.

“She’s fine.” I tried giving her assurance, hoping that somehow it will relax her, even just for a tidbit, but the negativity that was radiating from her didn’t lessen, and the thoughts that were running inside her mind didn’t stop. “Stop crying, for sure she’ll see you tomorrow.” I smiled, rubbing her hand with my thumb.

“Ahh~ She’s so annoying! Why didn’t she or Dahyun or any of her friends showed up or even text me or hit me up, and tell me what’s going on?!... I just want to know something, anything! I’m still her fiancé, right?” Chaeng scoffed. Her voice was hoarse because she was a crying mess.

“Thomas told her to stay away, maybe she got hurt and needed some alone time.” I concluded.

She took a deep breath. “But do you t—” I didn’t let her finish since I already know what’s on her mind.

“Don’t think bad about your fiancé!” I scolded, hitting her arm gently.

“Sorry... it’s just— I’m scared that she might do something— I saw how angry she was, her face was all red plus she gritted her teeth so hard, I thought it will break, and she even held her breath for few minutes because, I don’t know, she’s just too mad.” My best friend heaved a sigh for the umpteenth time.

“Chaeng, if you think she’s capable of hurting innocent people then why marry her? If you are doubting her then let her go.” I calmly uttered and before she can give her reaction, I continued, “When papa was still alive he always say that if you don’t trust your partner with all your heart then marriage will be in no use. You’ll just fight one another every day since you’ll doubt him/her all the time so why bother tying the knot?” I’m not against Jisoo, I just want Chaeng to never regret her decisions especially something this big.

“Hoooh, you are right. I should trust her. She even got sad that she had to kill Sehun and he’s evil so how stupid of me to doubt her...” She cupped my face. “Thank you Ruby. I don’t know what I’ll do without you and your advice.” Pinching my cheeks, I playfully yanked her hands away.

“You’ll sure be missing me then.” I teased.

“I will but I’m not going anywhere so stop making drama, okay?... I’ll tell Chu to buy us house near your mansion after we got married so yeah, I’m not really going anywhere.” Chaeng embraced me tightly.

“If someone ruin your wedding again, I swear I’ll be the one marrying you.” I joked that earned me a playful punch on the arm. We continued talking until we came to the topic about lost phone since Chaeng found another phone earlier and our lost and found box was already getting full. “How stupid of us!” I exclaimed.

“What is it?!” Chaeng panicked.

“Jisoo said that her phone went missing long time ago, right?”