Chapter 68: Roaring Tsunami

Jennie’s POV

Chaeng fell asleep on the couch so I stood up, quietly, making my way to the kitchen since I’m thirsty. Before she went to dreamland, she told me how many steps I should take if I want to go to the kitchen or to the elevator or to the balcony or to the bathroom because the place was unfamiliar to me. When I reached the kitchen, I searched for a glass and water using my other senses then went back to the living room.

“What could be the time?” I asked myself. I sat back on the couch but stood up again after drinking the water. I walked to the balcony. Pushing the door, a strong gust of wind surprised me, making me shiver. My ears perked up heightening my sense of hearing. From a good distance, the animals were crying, the bodies of water surrounding the uptown was hitting the dry land extremely with its waves, the air was moisty, and the weather was at its coldest. Fudge, I think it was a bad sign. Well, definitely, it was a bad sign. I went back to the couch in hurry before going to the elevator. I made sure not to make any loud noises so Chaeng won’t get disturb since she was sleeping peacefully and I don’t have the heart to disturb an angel.

*ting*

Entering the elevator, I grazed the buttons with my hands, pressing the one with the letter ‘G’, hoping it meant ground. I started counting how many floors the elevator passed until it halted. Thirty floors including the penthouse but I think there were more floors below since I had touched buttons with letter ‘B’ and numbers beside it.

*ting*

I stepped out and started walking to no particular destination. Honestly, I have no idea which way to go since I’m just using my sense of hearing to find Jisoo. Unfortunately, there’s a lot of voices around.

“Jennie? What are you doing down here?” I heard a familiar voice, too familiar for my ears since she was always popping out of nowhere.

“I’m looking for Jisoo.” I replied. She held my hand and started pulling me.

“You shouldn’t be walking around like that. Not all of us here is happy of your presence… Some will be willingly split you into Jennie, Ruby and Jane if they got a hold of you.” She scolded. I was aware that it was a serious warning however, I wasn’t able to held back my laughter. It’s funny. She could have said split me into pieces or something but instead she split my name. What a clown.

“I know Dahyun. It’s just that, I have to talk to Jisoo.” I explained.

“Okay, I’m going to look for madam… Stay right here, don’t move an inch or else I’ll spank you.” She warned. I don’t know if she was serious but I didn’t take her threat lightly and just stood still. Immediately letting go of my hand, I heard her footsteps fade away. Dahyun was a renewed non-human. She did something bad before but it was against her will. At the moment, all that was inside her head was about protecting Jisoo and my best friend. I thought it was only Tzuyu but I guess, I’m wrong. Maybe all of Jisoo’s friends were like that. Now, I’m relieved knowing my best friend will end up with someone that will not only make her happy but also will truly love her, and in addition to that, there will be a group of emeralds, called BangVelveTwicEx, that will protect her for the rest of her life. Wow. I never knew someone can be this loyal to their leader and its other half. Chaeng was indeed a lucky bastard.

After a minute or two, I heard footsteps nearing me. “What is it that you wish to talk about Jennie?” Jisoo asked, stopping one arm away from me. “And you know very well that you shouldn’t be down here without company.” I can hear exhaustion and a lot of worry in her voice.