Chapter 67: Sworn Protector

Chaeyoung’s POV

Earlier, when I opened the front door, I saw no one. So until now, it’s still bugging me. I wondered if there’s new children on our neighborhood... They’ll be getting a good scold from me when I got home. They shouldn’t play pranks like that. Also, who the heck was that man wearing blue hoodie who beat Dahyun, the one I bumped with my car. I didn’t see the face because he was facing the other way but how dare him threaten my Chu... I meant Chu.. wait, it’s MY Chu because I AM her human!

I’m getting lost in my thoughts when I heard a loud angelic woman’s voice from behind us so I turned my head to look at her. “WHY ARE YOU STILL THERE?!” Chu shouted as she ran towards us.

Joy, Ruby and I were currently here outside the Emerald’s building. Tzuyu lifted the injured Dahyun first and was currently lifting Sana over the tall stone barricade because the entrance was shut closed. I heard someone said that it will take an hour for the entrance to be unsealed so Tzuyu decided to just lift us one by one.

When Chu reached us. “Close your eyes.” She ordered, transferring her shades on me. “Seriously Joy? Forgetting to give Rosé a pair of sunglasses?”

“Forgive me madam… I was planning to but we don’t have any sha—” Joy apologetically uttered but I cut her off.

“She asked me to close my eyes until it’s safe so please don’t scold her...” I reached for her hand. “Anyway, what’s happening??” I inquired. Curious as heck why it was so noisy over this gate. It was like there’s a war or something.

Instead of answering me, she turned her head at Joy and said, “Oh! Joy you have to go to Zaldy’s building, be with your sister and don’t leave until it’s safe. Go hurry up!” Chu pushed her gently and she started running towards Zaldy’s building. Two set of vines were lowered in front of us; one set snaked around Ruby’s waist. We looked up and saw Tzuyu looking down on us. “WHY ARE YOU THE ONLY ONE LIFTING?! WHERE’S THE OTHERS?” Chu shouted.

“ALL THE GREEN EYES ARE ON THEIR TREES MADAM! I’M THE ONLY ONE WHO HEARD SANA’S LOUD ASS— I MEAN VOICE!” Tzuyu replied. She started lifting my best friend.

Releasing a sigh, Chu held my waist. “I hope you are not afraid of heights.” The next thing I know, my feet was not touching the ground anymore. I hold on to her for my dear life. It’s not that I’m afraid, I just want to be close to her. Her sweet smell intoxicate me. Upon reaching the top, the view mesmerized me. It erased all my worries in life. From the outside, there’s nothing much to see since the Emerald was covered with high fences and tall gate. Who would have thought it was a white castle designed to be a condominium that was surrounded by the garden of Eden?

“Wow~” I absent-mindedly uttered.

“Indeed, it’s beautiful however, nothing can beat your beauty.” Chu smiled at me. I playfully slapped her arm. “Look at that~” She pointed upwards so I followed it. At one of the trees, a girl was wrapping herself with vines, camouflaging. I was really amazed how she became like the tree itself. If I didn’t see it with my own eyes, I wouldn’t know there’s someone on it. “Let’s go down.” I nodded. Landing on the safe side, I became aware of what causing the roaring sound. They were shouting commands here and there, some were running back and forth, and the noise of controlling the vines to secure the huge stones, covering every possible entrance, gaps, holes and whatnot.

“Where’s Joy?” Sana questioned.

“She’s with Irene.” Chu answered then she looked at the pale girl sitting on the ground. “Take some rest Dahyun, you did enough today. Sana, please help her,” Dahyun was about to protest but she gestured her to shut up. “Tzuyu, go check the perimeter. He’ll be here any time soon.” She barked orders before lifting me and Ruby to the lobby. Tzuyu struggled carrying Ruby up and down but Chu did it like we don’t weigh a ton.