Chapter 50: What to do?

Jennie’s POV

I can’t believe we’ve been back here in Korea for a long time now, three more days and it will be exactly two years. So much had happened, out of this world, insane and unbelievable things to be exact. Before coming back, all I know was I am a special blind who will take over my father’s world-class company and the keeper of all the house of blinds. I never thought things will go like this, like out of hand. Who would have thought that coming back here was literally putting myself in death row? Like my life was on the edge of a cliff and in just one blonde... I meant snap, I’ll fall and die.

Suho contacted Chaeng when the news reached them about Kai’s arrest. At first, I hesitated to talk to him since he was his brother and maybe he was trying to trick me too but he proved me wrong. He told me that he just found out his father’s wrongdoings like stealing my ideas and whatnot. Now, we were sure that Kai was the one who was sending the information to his father. I also told him his father was the one who ordered the death of my parents so Suho, being the kind man he was, said that he will help me find justice even if it means his father will go to jail. I just hope he keep his words like a man.

Time do flies fast. Two more days and it will be my birthday again. I wondered how will I celebrate my birthday now that papa’s gone. He was always the one who surprises me like the day before he died, we celebrated my birthday in New Zealand and guess what?! He opened a charity for poor people under my name which made me really happy. I didn’t know it was the last time I will see him alive. If only I know, I’ll tell him how grateful I was that he’s my father.

“Bill please,” Chaeng said, pulling me out of my reverie. We were in the fancy restaurant downtown. We kept coming back here because the food was so delicious. “Come Ruby.” She pulled me up and we started walking.

“CHAEYOUNG!! JENNIE!!” I heard a so familiar voice. Too familiar since I hear it almost every day.

“Oh hello Dahyun and Suga!” Chaeng cheerfully greeted so I did the same.

Dahyun, Suga and Lay or Tzuyu and Sana were always popping out of nowhere and I believe that Jisoo has something to do with it. Maybe she’s fencing Chaeng— Geez, whipped.

“Jennie, you are coming with us!” Dahyun said then started pulling me but Chaeng held me back. Why am I always in the middle being tugged?

“Where and why?” My best friend inquired.

“I don’t know the exact reason but to Zaldy’s.” The pale girl answered.

“NO WAY! She’s not going anywhere near that place!” Chaeng scoffed. She’s still scared to go back there even if it has been almost two years since the incident with the blonde happened plus, the news of Lisa killing an innocent girl was buried in the back of our minds and although I’m scared too, I still have this feeling that I want to hear her explanation about it.

“Madam Jisoo’s—” Dahyun uttered but she didn’t even need to finish because by just hearing the magical name, Chaeng reacted and for sure we’ll be there in no time.

“WHAT HAPPEN?! IS SHE OKAY?!” She asked, worried then we started walking. “COME ON!” See, I’m right. Just say ‘Jisoo’ and Ms. Park Chaeyoung will follow even to the other galaxy. Dahyun told me to go with Suga since he was a green eye, he can go through the forest, but Chaeng didn’t agree. I heard Dahyun whispered to Suga to go first and notify Jisoo of our arrival.

We were at the parking lot. Chaeng helped me get in her car before they both went inside. My best friend immediately started the car and drove away. After few moments, we arrived at uptown. Weirdly, there was no traffic congestion nor any noise outside and so, we have reached our destination earlier than usual.

“Where can I park?” Chaeng questioned.

“You can park anywhere. Madam will rip the head of whoever towed your car.” Dahyun playfully said that made Chaeng chuckled. The car stopped and we went out.

“Hurry up!” Dahyun exclaimed, pulling the both of us. We were running to Zaldy’s building, well, according to Dahyun’s mind. As soon as we came to halt, I heard five more breaths aside from the three of us but the other two were kind of low meaning they were far from us. I can’t hear any other sign of life aside from the eight of us. I wondered if it has something to do with the president of Korea being out here.

“Rosé! Jennie!” Jisoo called. Her footsteps nearing us. “Thank you Dahyun.” She added then cleared her throat but before she can utter another word Chaeng spoke, “What happened? Are you okay?” She was genuinely worried. It made me smile. Our Chaeng was definitely in love.

Please accept my apology for making you worried but I’m fine...” Jisoo paused then took a deep breath again. “Actually, I’m here to ask for a favor Jennie.” My ears caught nails clicking to each other.

“What is it?” I inquired but before answering, she cleared her throat again. ‘Is she really okay?’

“Jennie, I want you to sincerely apologize to Lalisa on behalf of your ancestors.” Jisoo uttered in all seriousness.

“WHAT?! ARE YOU NUTS?!” Chaeng shouted. “Of course you are,” She answered herself. “but why?”

“UH, MADAM!” A girl nervously shouted from a distance.

“WHAT IS IT IRENE?” Jisoo shouted back then I heard them all gasped.

‘Okay what the hell is ha—’ Before I can even finish my own thoughts, thousands of angry voices caught my full attention. I shivered. It was the voices again. “COME ON JENNIE! YOU NEED TO DO IT NOW!” Then she held my hand and pulled me but before we can take another step, Chaeng tightened her grip on my other hand, making us stop.

“NO! RUBY’S NOT GOING ANYWHERE NEAR THAT MONSTER!” Chaeng stubbornly argued.

“Rosé please, there’s no time, trust me on this.” Jisoo said, softly. I’m hearing all the thoughts that were running inside Chaeng’s head and she’s debating with herself whether to agree or not.

“Uhm... madam... I really think Irene needs you back.” Dahyun uttered, suppressing the fact that she was worried and afraid.

“Please Rosé. I promise you, Lalisa will not be able to touch even a single strand of Jennie’s hair because if she does, I’ll risk my life for her and Suga will take Jennie away from here when things got out of my control.” Jisoo breathlessly assured. I can hear the sincerity in her voice. She was really willing to risk her life for this. I wondered what was it about. Why do I have to apologize? I’m going to make her explain later because she can block her mind from me and I’m sensing there’s no time for further explanations at the moment.

“Okay, okay.” Chaeng sighed in defeat then we started running towards the blonde.

As we get near, voice started rumbling, “ARGHHHH!!! WE ARE GOING TO KILL YOU!!! WE ARE GOING TO KILL ALL OF YOU!!!” The voices contained so much anger and hatred. “NO BLINDS SHALL EXIST IN THIS WORLD! NO BLINDS!!!”

“Now Jennie!” Jisoo let go of my hand while Chaeng gripped my other hand tightly. She’s scared of what she’s seeing but I can’t blame her because to be honest, I’m really scared as well. “SUGA AND DAHYUN HELP US!” She ordered. “Jennie, I need you to do it as quick as possible.” I swallowed while thinking of what I should say.

“AHHHHHHHHHH!!! WE ARE GOING TO END YOU KIM JENNIE!” The voices screamed. A thousand people speaking in unison. How was that possible? It’s creepy. Chaeng was shaking uncontrollably and so am I. Everyone was scared but it was now or never. I have a feeling that I should do this because it might help her and I want to help in any way I can.