Chapter 79: So Much For A Happy Ending.

Lalisa’s POV

The ritual continued. I haven’t seen Jisoo for five days now. She should’ve been here since it’s weekday and she promised that she’ll give us a hand but I totally understand that she had more important things to do.

“We have to stop the ritual.” Zaldy said in a very serious tone.

“W-why?!” I weakly asked.

“You look bad Lalisa. Your body will not take it anymore.” She heaved a sigh.

“No! Please!” I begged. We can’t stop, not now that there’s a progress. My hair wasn’t yellowish gold anymore. Well, there’s some strands that was still blonde because those elders of mine were so freaking stubborn but most of it already turned back to my old hair color which was lustrous gray.

“But if you die again...I will not be able to revive you and... you’ll die for good,” Her hair was white. The silence embraced the room and no one seemed to know how to break it. Should we continue? What if I die? But what if I survive? Ahhh~ Charlie, what should I do? Should I hide again? Or get the freedom that I wanted?... I’m getting lost in my thoughts when the glass door started sliding.

“Hey! Wassup wassup,” Jisoo greeted, coolly. “Whoa~ You look...” She paused, thinking what term she must use while looking at me.

“Bad.” I completed the sentence for her but she shook her head, implying that I was wrong.

“No, you look horrible!” Jisoo corrected before settling beside me. “Why on earth you look like you are already dead? Those dark eyebags, chapped lips and super skinny body. Did you forgot the word sleep and eat?” She scrunched her forehead. I didn’t answer her. Was that really how I look like? I had no idea since there’s no mirror in here and no one was describing me to me. Thank goodness, Jisoo did.

“Ahem~” Zaldy cleared her throat. “How are you my child?”

“I’m tired. Sorry I’ve been so busy that’s why I haven’t got time to visit you. That Jinyoung is really pushing me to the edge!” She ranted.

“Is Chaeyoung okay? We heard about the bombing next to their house. Did the police caught the suspects?” Seulgi questioned. It was sad that Zaldy can’t meddle with those things the prophecy didn’t told her to, that’s why she just can’t save people’s lives even if she want to.

“The police are still looking through it. Every surveillance camera is being check. I just hope the bombers will get arrested so they will not cause more deaths… And about the Parks, they were okay but I begged them to stay in the Kim’s mansion for the meantime and assigned guards to protect them.” I tapped her shoulder to express my sympathy and gratefulness.

“Ehem~ By the way, can you check what’s the color of Lalisa’s soul?” Zaldy said. Jisoo looked at me, lowered her shades and lifted the eye patch on her right eye. She froze in an instant with mouth agape.

“Bright red and t-there’s a touch of blue!” Wait...

“W-what?! B-blue?!” I stammered in shock. “Are you sure?” I glanced at the people around me. Seulgi and Jisoo’s mouth were agape while Zaldy was smiling widely like she already knew. Well, of course she had an idea. She’s the guardian after all.

“CRAP LALISA! WHATEVER TURNED YOU INTO A WALKING DEAD SURELY HELP YOUR SOUL! AND OH! YOUR HAIR!” She happily yelled as soon as she recovered. Geez. She didn’t have to shout.