Chapter 38: Sisters

▪Time skip▪

Jisoo’s POV

Another day has come, it’s Sunday today. Tomorrow will be the third week of Lalisa’s vanishing act. Indeed, she was a prankster but I should have known she had the magician blood in her. There was still no sign of her so I just focused my mind on the reports about humans and non-humans crimes, nothing new. However, since Sehun was long gone, the troubles and crimes lessen.

*knock knock*

“Come in!” I yelled without looking at the door. I already know who it was so why bother, right?

“Madam, someone left this at the gate… again.” Irene walked towards me and handed me a white envelope. I ripped it open and read the message written on it.

I’LL BRING YOU DOWN!

SEE YOU IN HELL

“Pft. Another crap,” I crumpled the paper before throwing it on the garbage can. I kept receiving this kind of letter almost every day for the past few days. “Next time, if you find a letter again, read it. If it’s important then give it to me… If it’s another non-sense threat just throw it or bury it or burn it, I don’t care.” I closed my eyes.

“Copy madam.” Irene slightly bowed her head. Then she served me a plate of chicken and a glass of strawberry juice to lighten my mood. “By the way, Joy called and told me that she found Kai’s house. It was at Saint Jude forty-fifth street downtown.” Few weeks ago, Rosé told me everything about this particular guy and I felt the need to help her find whether he’s planning something bad behind the blind’s back. Even though I was super busy, I offered a hand. See what liking someone can do? I won’t deny it much anymore. I do like Rosé. So, I told Irene to call her sister and ask her to find information about the guy.

“Okay thank you,” I stood up and smiled at her. Before moving another muscle, I grabbed and took one more bite on the chicken leg. “Cover for me.” Then I fled out of my office however, I went back and stuck my head on the door since I forgot to tell her something. “Oh Irene~”

Her gazed averted from the thing on her hand to me. “Yes madam?” She was sorting the papers on the desk, that’s what ‘cover for me’ really means. I let her handle the not-so-important files and she’ll just leave the important documents for me.

“When you finish checking those files, go meet Seulgi at Zaldy’s, okay?” I tried preventing myself from smiling as I said that.

With a scrunched face, she questioned, “Why madam? Do you need me to go with her somewhere again?”

‘Actually, Irene, I want you to go on a date with her. You need to get a life!’ That’s what I want to say but of course, I don’t want to jinx it and stay lowkey in shipping Seulrene so I thought of something else. “Yes. I need you to take her to that fancy restaurant downtown. Order some foods and eat. Wait for me there for about two hours but when I don’t arrive after that time, you both can go home. Be sure to drop her back at Zaldy’s or to wherever she lives.” I reminded before continuing my way out. I didn’t wait for to say anything because knowing her, she will ask more details about it. Seulrene will be sailing! Out of the way! 🚢

=================================
Unknown’s POV

These past few days, I’ve been spying on Kim Jisoo and been sending threats through letters but she just shrugged it off. The nerve. Who am I? Well, I’m this so called ‘bastard’ since Taylor was my father. He had no idea that he got my mother pregnant. Before mom died, I promise her that I will not let anyone downgrade or belittle me so I will take everything that’s for me. And this enormous structure was one of the things I want. I swore to myself; it will be all mine but naturally, it will only happen if the pest was out of the way. I’m a powerful green eye but Jisoo’s more powerful in light of the fact that her mother was a human while mine was brown eyes. That’s the only reason I’m weaker on however, I do not intend to lose, not at her. Never! Over my delicate body!

Speaking of the little devil, she just came out of the Emerald’s condominium. She’ll pay for killing my Sehun. Yes, you read that right! She killed my partner. At first we were just using each other but I grew attached to him and now, he’s gone so I’ll make sure the cause of his death will suffer for it. I followed the little devil to wherever she planned on going. I kept my distance until we reached downtown. She started walking so I strutted behind her, still keeping a good distance between us and hiding from time to time since she’s been looking around.

=================================
Jisoo’s POV

When I went out of my building, my eyes landed on this weird girl hiding behind the stone lamppost. She was not doing a great job however, what really caught my attention was that her body’s radiating a deep red shade like Lalisa. Shrugging it off, pretending that I didn’t know the girl was there. I continued my way.

‘Where on earth was that Lalisa, anyway? Urgh! She’s such a pain in the ass.’ I thought.

After few minutes, I reached downtown and started using my toned legs. I made my way to the main streets, looking for the address that Irene told me. I’m aware that the girl, with angry soul, has been following me. I’m not numb and especially I’m not dumb to not notice it. I just kept pretending that she’s not existing but as usual destiny helped me. Not far from me, there was a crowd watching some street show so I decided to blend in.

I didn’t remove my attention on her as I entered the pool of people. She was trying her best to look for me among the crowd but I stayed low and out of her sight.

“Are you looking for me?” I asked from behind her. She flinched before turning around.

“Why would I be looking for you?!” She spat back, rudely. I can’t see her face since she was wearing half mask and shades just like me.

I balled my fist. “Don’t play games with me. What do you want?” She shoved me hard that made me backed away, maybe five steps, from her, then the next I know, a gun was pointed right in front of my face. Geez. This thing again? Like seriously? Should I ban the guns in this country?

The people around us started panicking and running away as they released a scream of horror. Who wouldn’t be scared when you see someone with a freaking gun?

“It was nice to finally meet you sister but sadly, it’ll be our first and last meeting,” The girl smirked. I lifted my eyebrow and flashed her a ‘what the heck are you saying?’ look that made her laughed. “Oh, where’s my manners? I’m Jeongyeon. Taylor’s daughter to a brown-eye.” She introduced.

I removed my mask before letting my laughter out. “HAHAHA! That’s a good joke. Dream on girl.” Making the girl grit her teeth in anger.

“SILENCE!” She shouted. Her hand, holding the gun, was trembling. “I’ll get everything from you. It was rightfully mine after all… I’m definitely older than you, I’M THE FIRST BORN!” And before I knew it, a loud noise echoed around.

*bang*
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

“I... I love you.”