Chapter 51: Sorry and Run

Chaeyoung’s POV

The feeling of driving with police officers lined up on both sides of the road on the way to uptown was really indescribable. Like what the— We some kind of important person or something? It was like I’m the president of Korea, like a royal blood. I’m just wondering where the people were or what they were doing because I didn’t see other cars nor any civilians on the road. I looked at Dahyun on my rearview mirror with questioning look and she just winked at me. I’m sure the real president of Korea has something to do with this. Remind me to ask Chu later!

When we arrived, I parked my car on the side of the roundabout with a huge ‘no parking’ sign standing tall in front of me. Chu told me she have a presidential car but she was only using it around downtown and when she felt like it because actually, uptown doesn’t have any parking space since non-humans don’t have cars and non-human police officers make sure that no humans disobey their laws. Yeah, there were green and brown eyes policemen and nurses, although I haven’t seen any green eyes doctors, Chu told me they have their own doctors, Pediatrician? Ortho? Ob? Name it and they have it. Hold on for a sec! Don’t tell me doctor Wendy’s non-human? Crap, why am I so dumb to not notice she had sunglasses on. Way to go Chaeyoung!
Before going out of the car, Dahyun gave me a specialize pair of sunglasses, it was not the same like the other shades the green eye always had on them. This one was square and thick that covers even the side of the eyes. It has white button on the side that Dahyun strictly warned me to never touch for a reason which she kept secret, and it was lighter than a feather which shocked me because when you looked at it, it seemed heavy. To sum up, it was the weirdest sunglasses I’ve ever seen but nonetheless, I put it on then we all went out of my car.
Chu came running towards us few meters before we can reach Zaldy’s building. She told us her plan and after some time of thinking, I agreed. The blonde was far from us, tied in the huge tree trunk at the front of the building and she was angry. To be honest, it was an understatement because she was furious. I might identify her as the long-lost sister of hellboy due to the fact that she was radiating the same amount of energy. Have you seen someone who got possessed by a bad spirit? If yes, you haven’t seen everything yet and if no, well honey, you need to stop living under a rock. Watch some horror movies or something! I’m telling you; this blonde’s case was different... She’s possessed, yes, but by thousands of evil spirits. Her hair was glowing and floating above her head, her face was flashing different images of furious people, men and women, and her voice sounded like it was echoing but a thousand times. She looked scary... nah, she was really terrifying and I’m freaking scared for all of us but since Chu promised that everything will be alright, I’m going to trust her.

“AHHHHHHHHHH!!! WE’RE GOING TO END YOU KIM JENNIE!” The voices screamed at the highest pitch. I tightened my grip on Ruby’s hand. I felt like her hand will be detached on her arm because of me but she didn’t seem to mind.

“I need to get close.” Ruby said then started walking towards the blonde but I stopped her immediately.

“What? Are you insane?” I asked in disbelief.

“Chaeng, just let me do this.” She looked at my way with expression I can’t decipher. What the heck was happening with her? Why does she seemed desperate to do this? Like it was her life goal. It made me think for few seconds until Chu’s voice interrupted me.

“DO IT NOW JENNIE!” Chu demanded. “WE CAN’T TAKE IT ANY LONGER!” I can see the four of them struggling as they tried keeping the blonde in place.

“Okay.” I agreed, walking beside Ruby. Everything felt like it was in slow motion. Step after step made my stomach twist, palms and forehead were dripping with sweat, and my throat was dried due to the horror and nervousness I was feeling inside.

It was my first time to see their eyes up close since they were the ones who was always wearing sunglasses and all I can say was WOW! Suga’s left eye was brown and his right eye was light green very different from Chu’s eyes because her left eye was the green one, a darker shade of green, to be exact. Her other eye was the same shade of brown, the only difference was it’s on the right side. I wondered if it has something to do with her being the ruler of her kind.
A while ago, she told me that when a human looked at a green eye, the ground will automatically suck the human without stopping even if they want to but when they use it to their kind, they will be able to control it and let them go if they want. The blonde’s right eye was like the ocean’s water, it was really calming and reassuring so that’s why you’ll get hypnotize by looking at it while her left eye was a mixture of green and brown with a touch of blue. It was simply fantastic.

‘What power does it possess?’ I thought then something hit me. Nobody else was wearing shades aside from me and Ruby. They were just avoiding looking at each other’s faces.

“ARGHHHHHHH! DIEEEEEE!” The blonde screamed again. I came back to my senses. Geez. I almost drown on this blonde’s eyes. I should be careful even if I have shades on.

The vines were snapping due to the blonde’s aggressive movements. Thankfully, another set of vines were replacing it continuously. We stopped just arm reach away from her. Her face became redder, if that’s even possible, and I saw fire in her eyes, the one who can surely burn a person to death. The gap between us was so little, I think I’m going to faint.

Ruby took a deep breath, closed her eyes and said, “To all the ocean-eyed ancestors, I am Kim Jennie, the daughter of Lucas and the last ruler of the blinds. I sincerely apologize on behalf of my blind ancestors... If we had done something wrong to you and your people or if I’m doing something that was affecting you then I’m very sorry. Please forgive us, we really didn’t mean to cause you too much hardships, too much hatred and too much jealousy.” She started crying. Her words were so pure and true.

“GREAT! I THINK IT’S WORKING!” Chu exclaimed, amused and excited. “CONTINUE JENNIE!” She urged. All I can do was watch and ready myself to run as fast as I can if ever something out of hand happen.

“… I will do my best to help the last ruler of your kind. I promise all of you that she will not struggle in her daily life anymore. It was all I can do to help,” Ruby paused, wiping her tears. “Please forgive us and let’s start a new beginning.” The sincerity in her voice was over-flowing. Maybe it’s her power or something?

My best friend cupped the blonde’s cheek but as soon as their skin touched, the blonde started screaming, “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” then her eyes started glowing as well. There was a huge radiation exploded out of the blonde’s body sending us flying away from her. Chu immediately controlled some tree vines managing to get a hold of us and carefully placed us back to the ground. The vines that was wrapped around the blonde’s body started breaking. This time it Chu didn’t manage to have it replace. I can see the emeralds were exhausted and weak.

“EVERYONE! NOW!” Chu ordered then Suga carried Ruby in bridal style. In just a blink, they were gone. Seulgi pulled Irene inside Zaldy’s building while Dahyun grabbed me, making me ran back to my car and we drove away. I didn’t want to leave Chu but Dahyun said that we have to, for my safety, so I didn’t argue anymore because I was too stress to do so.