Chapter 75: Charlie's Fear

Lalisa’s POV

Zaldy and I were currently watching cartoons, the three girls that came from the experiment of a scientist and has powers, in the living room while I’m eating chocolate ice cream and she was munching some tacos. I grabbed the phone that Jisoo gave me, the human’s number was saved on this phone since Jisoo was also using it sometimes to call her lover but it was always on loudspeaker that’s why I learned some of her cheesy lines. I wanted to talk to Jennie but I know they were busy so I decided to just leave a message.

Human Chaeyoung

Hi there human,
congratulations
on your wedding.
Please take good
care of my friend.
She might be
annoying and all
things but I’m sure
she’ll take good
care of you. She
might say nasty
things but she is
a good person.
Anyway, uhm, I will
Just leave a message
for Jen.

Hi there gorgeous.
I just want to say
that I think you’ll
look really great
in that white gown
too. I’m looking
forward to it. Take
care. I can’t stop
thinking about YOU! ❤
sent 10:48

As soon as I put my phone down, I heard the glass door slide so I put my shades on before looking at it. “Seulgi? Why are you back so early?” I curiously asked. It was just about almost an hour since we went to see Jisoo and I’m aware that human wedding usually took hours since I attended Seulgi and Irene’s wedding last month and there was this thing they call reception after so why was she here?

With a sad look on her face, she informed. “The wedding was cancelled.” Wait...

“WHAT?!” I quickly rose up in shock as I stared at her. “WHY?!”

“Calm down Lalisa.” Zaldy said so I sat back. Why was she calm? Did she knew all this time? And didn’t even bother telling me? Aish, this annoying guardian... She was always so secretive.

“What happened?” I inquired. To be honest, I’m worried about Jisoo and her human. I know how they were dying in excitement while waiting for this day and then it got cancelled.

“It was that man who hurt my Irene.” Seulgi slumped her body on the couch beside me, snatching the bowl and eating my ice cream.

“The man who made commotion outside after the tsunami who accidentally punched Irene on the face? And excuse you, that’s mine.” I said, grabbing the bowl back.

Seulgi made face before nodding her head simultaneously, “Uh huh, he’s the one.”

=====
*flashback*

“Thank you my child.” Zaldy kissed my cheek.

“No, thank you Zaldy.” I said, smiling gratefully to her. Something caught our attention. I don’t know if she had this feeling too, but there was something unusual. Everything outside Zaldy’s building seemed peaceful. We watched the birds flew back to the emerald’s trees, the sky was blue, and the sun was shining brightly. It was like a disaster didn’t occurred not so long ago. We were not sure if it was a good sign or there’s something behind it. We stood for almost an hour before Zaldy turned her gaze to Seulgi. “It’s safe to lower all the barricades,” But Seulgi hesitated so Zaldy walked towards her and tapped her head. “The bodies of water already calmed down. Trust me.” She smiled, an assuring smile. Seulgi nodded and left.

“What’s with her?” I curiously asked.

“Her mother experience the same thing. That same man sent tsunami when they were still living in Thailand. Her mother didn’t wait for my mother to tell her that it was safe to lower the barricades, and there came another after waves causing a lot of people to drown including herself, Seulgi’s mother.” Zaldy explained.