Chapter 74: Rivals

Chaeyoung’s POV

I just watched Chu walked out of the Church but she stopped just few steps away from the Church door and made an announcement. I heard everything and somehow it gave me relief knowing that she was still looking forward in marrying me, the human way. The image of her crying kept replaying at the back of my mind. It was the first time I saw her breakdown like that. I knew it was all a misunderstanding yet I didn’t do anything. I’ve waited for this day to come but I just let this happen. Crap! I’m useless.
We were here inside the car on our way back to the house. Ruby was in her deep thoughts since earlier. I know she was shock, sad and angry just like me, my mom and especially dad. Who wouldn’t? Someone ruined my wedding. They were my family so they have the right to feel that way and I’m grateful for that because I felt that they truly love, support and they were concern about me and my welfare.

As soon as we reached home, dad unleashed his anger and I can’t blame him. I knew he has been holding it the whole ride. “This is such a disgrace! That humiliated us in front of not just hundreds but thousands of people!” Dad scoffed, running his hand through his hair. Mom pulled him down on the couch and gently massaged his shoulders. “Who was that man?!” He asked, looking at me. I can’t believe he didn’t know. He was kind of famous, well, he was handsome, rich and a president after all.

“He’s the president of the Philippines,” I answered, wiping my tears away. Argh! This was really frustrating. “Dad before you think anything bad against Chu, please hear me out,” I begged. I know everything, Chu told me every detail of what happened during her one day stay in the Philippines even the little things about that Jinyoung. I’m confident that he didn’t have any chance on winning her heart however, I’m not sure if he’ll be fine after what he did. I saw the anger on Chu’s face. I never saw that hatred before and I’m scared she might do something she will regret since she was not thinking straight at the moment plus she was powerful… I trust her, swear I do, and I know she will never hurt someone who was not evil even if that person cause her heart break, right?

“NO! There’s no excuse for this! She gave dishonor to our family so she’s not going anywhere near you again! I told her not to make you cry yet she did it right in front of the world.” Dad stubbornly argued. Deym! That Jinyoung! If it wasn’t because of him— Argh! That man had strike twice already and this time he definitely hit a nerve.

“Please dad! Listen to me first, you know Chu’s real agenda. You are able to get to know her even in such a short period of time... You know that she loves me more than anything in this world.” I burst into tears again not only because I’m hurt but also because thinking about it now, I’m really lucky to have Chu in my life.

“Your daughter is right. Give Jisoo the benefit of the doubt and besides, I want to hear some explanation about this.” Mom agreed and held his hand.

Dad took a deep breath before looking at me again, contemplating whether to agree or not but mom slapped his arm and mom, being the boss, “Fine, explain.” Dad surrendered.

“You remember Ruby’s birthday, when Chu said that she need to visit other countries?” They nodded their head. “She visited Philippines that’s where she met Jinyoung. He tried hitting on her but Chu made it clear that she have someone that she’s courting but that stubborn son of a bi—” I was cut off.

“Watch your words Park Chaeyoung,” Dad warned. It broke my heart. It should have been Kim Chaeyoung but shit.

“Sorry anyway, he told her that he will do everything to win her heart since she’s not yet married. After that, Chu needed to go back here because of the report about the tsunami hitting us and before she left, she told him that all they can be is acquaintances or friends since they are the president of two countries and meeting each other is inevitable but he followed her here...” I paused; dad was just listening intently with a deep frown on his face while mom was massaging his shoulders. “Chu evacuated us in her building and there... I saw him running towards her and hugging her like he knew Chu for a very long time, like he was happy to finally see the love of his life once again and it broke my heart… I walked away and she didn’t follow me so I cried,” Before dad can react, I continued my story. I don’t really need to defend Chu since she didn’t do anything bad, I just don’t want dad to think that Chu wasn’t serious about me plus dad really don’t want to know that I’m crying because of love. “But I found out that she didn’t go after me because she fought Lee Min Ho...” I clarified and since I know that my parents were familiar with the name, I didn’t bother elaborating it and just continued, “Anyway, she sent Jinyoung back to the Philippines as soon as the airport was cleared and that exact same day was when Chu proposed to me dad.” I smiled, reminiscing the last part. It was the happiest day for me so far since my wedding today was cancelled but I’m looking forward to our wedding again. Maybe some people will say that we were still young and it was too early to tie the knot but I’m ready to start my own family with her and bore her as many babies as she want.

“See Thomas, she’s a good kid and I know that our daughter is in good hands… We can’t blame the child for being a goddess, can we?” Mom tried uplifting dad’s mood since he’s all that serious face.

“Dad, please give her another chance.” I clasped my hands together.

“Fine, but if she made you cry again; you’ll give that ring back and you’ll go back to Australia.” He strongly stated.

“Thank you dad.” I flashed him my brightest smile. This will never happen again. I won’t allow it to happen ever again. No one can ruin my happiness and no one can separate us from each other.

==============================
Jinyoung’s POV

I’m deeply and madly in love with her. Indeed, it was love at first sight and meeting her was the most wonderful thing that happened to me. I broke up with my longtime girlfriend and let go all my side hoes because of her, because of the love I was feeling for her but all she did was push me away… I can’t let her slip off my fingers and I’m pretty sure that girlfriend of hers will not make her happy nor can satisfy her needs. Call me all things but no one can stop me. I will get what I want so as soon as I heard the news about their wedding, I knew I had to do something. I flew back to Korea without any delay. I stayed lowkey until the time I needed to stop her wedding. I’m not going to lose her, not a chance. I will ask her to marry me, if she reject me then I’ll start a war until she surrender and say yes to my proposal. I’m really insane, insanely in love with Kim Jisoo. Can’t blame me, she’s a goddess. I shall get her.

=====
Ughh, my head was throbbing and my eyes were heavy so I just let it shut. All I can remember was that I’m chasing Jisoo’s car but it drove so fast, tiring me. I stopped to catch my breath but something heavy hit the back of my head that made me lost consciousness.     I can hear muffled voices around me so I stirred a bit. I can feel that my hands and feet were tied. I got surprised when I felt a splash of cold water, poured on me, making me opened my eyes in an instant. I saw a blurry vision of people in front of me. It was blurred since my eyes were still adjusting to the lights. “W-what?... Where am I?! Who are—” Before I can even finish what I’m saying, I was back to sleep.