Chapter 66: Alive

Lalisa’s POV

My blood was boiling but not too much. It made me wonder if Jennie’s here in uptown. Not that I mind since I’m not getting out of control, in fact, I’ll be delighted if I can see her again because nowadays, I felt livelier. I’m so grateful for the people around me. I may have few that cares for me but I can say that I’m happy now.
I was busy watching a superhero movie when I heard Jisoo’s voice. I can’t be mistaken, hearing that annoying voice almost every day engraved it to my head and it sucks... just kidding though she’s really annoying sometimes. When she came in, she had this tired and worried look on her face. I wanted to ask her what’s up however, I didn’t since she was eager to see the guardian. Going to where Zaldy was, Jisoo said that her body’s glowing making Seulgi scream like someone stole her rabbit. It woke my very being. Deym, loud was an understatement, swear.
Explaining to Jisoo that we were waiting for that glow since it was an indication of something good made me realize that she was the only one who can see it. ‘Holy crap, being the scion of balance is cool.’ I thought.

“Oh my! She’s going to wake up any time soon!” Seulgi clapped her hands in joy.

What Jisoo replied, gained a curious look from me and Seulgi so I asked, “What’s happening?” She didn’t answer me instead she just stared at my body. Geez. Why I suddenly felt naked?

“Your soul, Lalisa…” Jisoo absent-mindedly uttered. “your soul is...” She paused, putting a dramatical intensity in the air or maybe it’s just me.

Starting to get annoyed, I said. “What Jisoo? Stop with the suspense!”

“Your soul is bright red.” She completed her sentence. What was shocking about it?

“We already know that.” I sarcastically replied, rolling my eyes. It was like that ever since Jennie apologized to me because some of the souls inside me forgave her and some didn’t that’s why it was still red.

“It’s bright red!” She repeated. A smile grew bigger on her face.

“There’s nothing to celebrate about that!” I turned to the other side, crossed my arms and sulked but the freak has the guts to smack the back of my head. I glared at her, ready to make her say goodbye to this world however, before I can execute my plan, I noticed that she was staring at Seulgi and the latter was staring back at her. I snapped my fingers in front of Jisoo. “Don’t tell me you two have a thing.”

They looked at me, almost twisting their necks. “HECK NO!” I raised my hands to the side of my head.

“Tsk, are you that dumb?! It’s bright red! Only bright red!” Jisoo elaborated that made my eyes widened and my jaw dropped. Only bright red? That means...

“My soul is alive?” I absent-mindedly questioned. When Charlie died and Lucy got sick, I started hating the world and the word hope was forgotten but thinking about it now, I don’t feel that hatred anymore maybe because Lucy’s doing great and I got close to kind people like Seulgi, Jisoo, Zaldy and now Jennie... well, I hope I will get really close to Jennie.

“Yes Lalisa!” She embraced me. “Finally! Your soul is alive!” Then she pulled away, still holding my shoulders. “I believe you owe me a good story.” She grinned before pulling me to sit on the couch that was inside Zaldy’s room. “but make it quick since we have an emergency.”

‘So gossip is more important than emergency situation?’ I shook my head in disbelief but nonetheless started telling her everything. “Zaldy... she gave me her core to prevent me from feeling angry and disabling my powers that’s why she became like that,” I pointed the guardian. “then Jennie and I went on a date.” I happily informed but Jisoo’s still not satisfied because she was eyeing me suspiciously like waiting for more details. “Uh, we… uhm, kissed.” I admitted. Jisoo gasped while Seulgi laughed.

“I KNEW IT!” Jisoo exclaimed. “Love is always the best revival to a dead soul!” She smirked at me. Yeah yeah, she’s right. She kept telling me how good it felt when she kissed her human with love but now that I did it and I can say the same thing.

“Guys~” Seulgi called so we turned our gazes to her and saw Zaldy floating on the bed.

“She’s back.” Jisoo announced. I looked at her questionably. “What?... she’s not glowing anymore.” She explained but I just stayed looking at her without the slightest idea of what that means. “Why are you so slow?! Geez. How can I put it? hmmm, Zaldy doesn’t have a soul… She once told me that if I see spirit inside her, it was just something that heals her.”

“Oh~” That was the only word that came out of my mouth as we watched Zaldy’s body slowly float back down on the bed. As soon as it did, her eyes slowly opened. The guardian was so unreal but then again what to expect? It’s the guardian, the most powerful creature.

“My children come,” Zaldy ushered. Her voice was husky. It sounded so sexy. We walked towards her and lowered our heads for her to tap. She tapped my head first and smiled at me widely so did I. She tapped Seulgi’s head and nodded then tapped Jisoo’s head. “I see...” She said.

“What should I do?” Jisoo inquired.

“You should get ready and believe in yourself.” Zaldy smiled.

“Care to explain?” I butted in. I’ve been dying to know what’s the emergency but the topic was always changing.

Heaving a deep sigh, she responded. “Our mortal enemy is back. Decades ago, he sent floods and tsunami upon us that’s why we fled here in uncle GD’s territory.. Now, he’s here…” Then suddenly it was like someone poured her a cold water. “Wait! I asked Irene to go here, did you see her?”

“She’s here?” Seulgi asked. Geez. Calm down bear-looking human.

“Don’t worry, the mark sent her to see her dying relative.” Zaldy replied. Hold on, how did she know? She just woke up.

“I should call Joy then,” Jisoo started walking out of the room but Zaldy stopped her.

“Wait up...” Zaldy gestured her not to move before turning her gaze to Seulgi. “The book of prophecy is calling me.” Seulgi immediately went out and when she came back, she was already holding the gold book. The guardian stood up from the bed and held the book. And just like what happened before, her eyes started glowing and the book started flipping on its own. It was magic.

“That son of a bitch!” Zaldy cursed. Jisoo and I looked at Seulgi.

“Peace yow~” She made a peace sign. I rolled my eyes. I swear, I want to choke this girl. Like seriously? How on earth did she managed to teach the guardian those words?

“I swear if you teach the guardian more street words and bad words like this, I’m going to take Irene away from you.” Jisoo warned.

“NO PLEASE! NOT IRENE!” Seulgi jogged towards Jisoo, tugging her shirt as she cutely pouted her lips. No one can deny that Seulgi was a real cutie however, we don’t want to tolerate her for teaching the guardian something like that.

“Prepare now Jisoo. He’s coming and he is furious.” Zaldy interrupted. In just a blink, Jisoo was gone. I was going to follow her but the guardian stopped me. “You can’t Lalisa, Jennie is here.” I just sighed in defeat. There’s no point to argue anyway. “Seulgi, lift all the waterproof barricades but wait for Joy before closing the entrance.” She ordered. Seulgi immediately went out.

“What about me? I don’t want to just watch and be useless.” I sulked but Zaldy just laughed at me. Did I say something funny?

“You are always whining like a baby.” She teased, making me rolled my eyes. She was always teasing me like a child. “Lalisa, this is Jisoo’s fight and the outcome will determine whether her people will respect her or despise her.” She started doing some stretching. I nodded my head in understanding and slumped my body on the couch. To keep me entertained, Zaldy told me that she heard everything I said when she was unconscious and started teasing me. Aish. This guardian was surely annoying sometimes... Scratch that, I meant, ALL the time but I still owe her a lot.