Chapter 24: Poor Lewis

Chaeyoung’s POV

Now thinking about all the signs of how people define ‘love’, I guess I can say I am in love BUT wasn’t it too fast? I barely know that green-eye yet I can’t keep her out of my mind.

“Chaeng..”

Wait, was that even possible?? Maybe she casted some love spell on me or used some of her powers that made me to not stop thinking about her.

“Chaeng, are you listening to me?”

Hmm... I know exactly who to ask about these unfamiliar things but I don’t want to go back to that scary place especially now that I know the blonde was there.

“Chaeng~~”

Speaking of her, how on earth did Ruby thought that she’s her other half? I saw how that blonde wanted to send my best friend to the sanctuary of the dead. Oh gosh, the memory send shiver all over my body. To be honest, I’m ninety percent sure it was Kai, but should I ask Ruby about her feelings for him? Should I mingle?

“Hello~~~ Earth to Chaeyoung!” Someone snapped a finger in front of my face.

“W-what?” I answered as soon as I was pulled back into reality.

“I’ve been calling you since forever... what are you thinking?” Ruby has this cute look on her face. She’s listening to some news on the television and eating some chips while I’m reading the book we bought earlier. Well, I’m reading not until I got lost in my thoughts.

“I don’t know how to explain, can you just touch me so you’ll know?” I asked. I’m really dumb-founded, like my tongue was tied and shredded into pieces.

“No Chaeng. It will be best if it comes from your mouth since it looks like something worth hearing of.” She chuckled, teasing me once again.

“I’m just thinking how messy my love life and yours would be if ever we are right!” I brushed my hands through my hair, trying to wash away the annoying thoughts about our future partners if ever we had guess it right.

‘We are now at TV16. This is Niña your news reporter. The new president of Korea finally revealed herself and made a public apology regarding the mass murder that happened at the lower part downtown. Ms. Kim Jisoo promised that she’ll get whoever was behind the killings. Stay still, for more update.’

“HOLY GUACAMOLY! SHE’S THE PRESIDENT?!” I jumped from my seat. I know she was a high rank but a president? I–

“Deym it...” Ruby paused, she seemed to be thinking, “That’s why the name Jisoo sounds so familiar.”

“So that’s what Irene meant when she said that Jisoo’s busy.” I uttered to myself. I didn’t expect her to be the boss of all kinds. Geez. Everything was already complicated but now it got more complicated. Being a green eye made things hard for me to reach her and now finding that she’s the president of us all... I don’t know what to say anymore.

*knock knock*

The door opened, “Sweetheart,” My mom called.

“Yes mom?” I answered, politely.

“Can you go to the grocery store and buy me this?” She handed me a paper with the list of items to get together with the money.

“Oh sure, no problem mom.” I smiled and stood up.