Chapter 54: Truth

Jennie’s POV

It was already past ten in the evening. We were here in Chaeng’s bedroom and Jisoo left about two hours ago.

“Ruby~” My best friend called so I hugged her tightly. She was shedding some tears since the moment Jisoo left the house... why? Do you really need to ask? Well, of course, Thomas didn’t agree when Jisoo told them the truth about her being a green eye, can’t put the blame on Jisoo for being so honest. I praise her for that, no one else would be so honest. After that, Thomas asked her to leave and forbidden the both of them to see each other again.

“We can ask mama how my grandparents approved of papa,” I suggested that made her stopped sobbing. “Geez. You are really in love Chaeng.” I teased. She chuckled softly. Now she’s crazy, crying and laughing all at the same time.

“When we kissed, I felt that I am the happiest person in the world Ruby. It feel so right and I want to kiss her for the rest of my life.” She said. Quite sure she’s imagining it. “I think you should kiss the blonde and see if you’ll feel the same.” She suggested, making me choke. What’s wrong with her? Was kissing a stranger that easy?

“I thought you don’t like her?” I raised my eyebrow.

“I don’t...and the sin she committed will always be carve on the back of my mind but what can I do if she’s your other half?” She squeezed my hand. Right, I was marked so if she was really my partner then I can’t reject her, that’s what the mark stands for. It’s just a matter of time now before I crave for her, same goes to Chaeng and everyone that got marked, then it hit me like a truck.

“Oh my gosh Chaeng! You are starting to crave for Jisoo.” I covered my mouth.

She gasped. “Am I going to lose my mind?”

“I’m not sure Chaeng… but I think you will want her more than how you want her at the moment.”

“Crap, I don’t want to be that obsess… She might not like it.”

“I doubt that… I think, Jisoo will love it. That girl is so into you.” I replied, smirking.

“Geez. Enough of me, let’s focus on your love life. Come to think of it Ruby. What if the way to tame the blonde is a kiss from her true love?” Chaeng said.

“Tame? Is she some kind of animal?” I gave her a meaningful look.

“All I can say is she have monsters inside her sexy body but you should really try it when you get a chance Ruby.” She pushed.

“Why are you selling me out? And what if she isn’t my other half? I don’t want her to be my first kiss!” I flashed her a horrified look but was it weird that somehow I’m liking the idea? ‘Why the heck am I imagining it? Oh gaaaad! It’s Chaeng’s fault!’ I thought to myself.

“Are you imagining kissing the blonde?” Chaeng teased. What the— How did she know that? I’m pretty sure she has this smug grin on her face.

“No! Of course not!” I denied, covering my face with the sheet. “You know what?” I paused.

“What?” She inquired.

“You need Jesus!” I said, throwing her a pillow and covering my face with the sheet again.

“HAHAHA I think I need Jisoo’s, you know!” She squealed. Wow. She’s whip— wait,

“What the heck Chaeng! You’re tainting my innocence!” I hit her using my pillow and the pillow fight began.

=====
The next morning, when I woke up I didn’t disturb Chaeng and just made my way to the bathroom to do my morning routine since we planned on visiting mama and I’m so excited. After taking a bath, I made my way out of the bathroom towards my closet. As I rummaged the drawer for an underwear, I heard the bed creaked.

“Why didn’t you wake me up?.. Let me.” She helped handing me my undergarments.

“You sounded so peaceful. I don’t have the heart to disturb you.” I smiled. I removed my towel and started wearing my underwear. I’m not sure if Chaeng had already seen my body but I don’t feel shy around her so it doesn’t really matter.

“Ruby, you know that—” I cut her off.

“It’s okay to ask for your help anytime anywhere.” I completed her sentence. “I know that but dressing up is so easy.” I uttered, proudly. She gave me the pants then afterwards the shirt. I don’t know the looks and colors of the clothes I wear but I trust Chaeng’s sense of fashion.

“Really? It’s so easy, you say? Then tell me why is your shirt upside down yesterday?” She said in a teasing manner.

“That doesn’t count!” I defended, making her release a loud laugh. I tried dressing up by myself for the first time yesterday while she just wait for me outside… Sadly, I failed.

“HAHAHA~ Sorry, it was just so funny but remember I’m always here for you. Come on.” Chaeng pulled me out of her room.

“Good Morning~” I greeted as soon as I sat down on the dining chair.

“Good Morning girls~” Cassandra greeted back.

“Where are you going?” Thomas inquired, nonchalantly.

“We are going to visit mama.” I answered.

“Really? Or are you going to see that green eye?” He asked, doubting my words. I’m quite sure he’s eyeing Chaeng suspiciously.

“We are going to see mama. I can assure you that.” I said before taking a bite of my toasted bread.

“Well, if that’s the case then you can go but Chaeyoung’s not going anywhere.” Thomas strict side had finally took over. Chaeng was squeezing my free hand and I know she’s going to cry anytime. She’s just a softy.

“But—” Chaeng was about to argue but Thomas cut her off.

“NO BUTS! WHEN I SAID YOU ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE THEN YOU ARE NOT LEAVING THIS HOUSE!” He shouted with authoritative tone. To be honest, I think he was overreacting. Jisoo might be a green eye, yes, it was indeed scary. However, she was the kindest green eye I have ever met and the fact that she went here to ask for their permission even though she can just kidnap my best friend or whatsoever, showed us that she was not like the others so why not give her a chance, right?

“YOU ARE UNBELIEVABLE!” Chaeng stood up and stomped out of the dining room.

“Excuse me.” I said, standing up and walking out of the kitchen to follow the sulking chipmunk.

“Why do you have to shout on your daughter like that?!” Cassandra queried. It was the first time I heard her mad.

“She can’t be with her!” Thomas argued.

“Is that it?! Or are you scared because after all that happened, they still met each other?!” Cassandra spat back. My eyebrows furrowed.

“What do you mean mom?” Chaeng butted in. I was caught up in listening to their conversation that I didn’t noticed she was also listening.

“Great some explanation to do!” Thomas was being sarcastic.

“We can never change destiny Thomas just accept it.” Cassandra uttered, softly. Thomas sighed in defeat. “We already know this will happen one way or another. We can’t hide the truth forever and no matter what you do, you can never change our daughter’s destiny… It just happened that the truth wants to be known this soon.”

“Fine. The both of you sit down.” Thomas ordered so Chaeng guided me and we sat back down at the dining chair. “So listen… Cassandra and I are once green eyes.” He revealed, making us gasped.

“You are joking.” Chaeng was feeling mixed emotions.

“No sweetheart.” Cassandra answered, sweetly. “We didn’t really hide it from you, it’s just that our memories started coming back recently and although it was still foggy, we can now make something out of it… I think it was erased, blocked or something but all we are sure about is that Thomas and I are from the emerald clan.” She clarified.

“My name was Patrick and she was Alison, Shay’s best friend.” Thomas informed.

“Wait, who’s Shay?” I asked.

“Jisoo’s human mother.” Cassandra answered. Woah~ It’s a small world after all.

Chaeng gasped, “Your best friend is a human? What happened then? How is it possible that you are humans now?”

“I can’t remember much about Shay yet but I’m sure we had some happy memories together.” Cassandra sighed. “I hope I can see her again.”

“Anyway, to answer your other question. We were killed by Sehun’s father because he was jealous of all my achievements and that I have a beautiful woman who support me in every good thing I do…” Thomas explained. Cassandra chuckled, softly. “Our death was not on the prophecy since according to the book, our child must be born so guardian Susana, Zaldy’s mother, sacrificed her own life just to transfer our souls to another bodies... but the thing is, it can only be in human form meaning our powers will be gone and we have to live as humans for the rest of our lives,” He continued. Deym! This was such a big revelation. “I promised myself that I will have nothing to do with them but guess what? My daughter fall in love with the ruler of the emerald.”

Chaeng and I were left dumb-founded. I really can’t believe something like this happened. We didn’t see it when Ms. Zaldy showed us the past but come to think about it now, during that time, the love story of Jisoo’s parents, the blonde’s and my parents were the only thing that was revealed to us. We only saw Chaeng as a baby, sleeping on the crib, nothing more, nothing less. Maybe the great guardian Susana, altered the Park’s history that’s why Ms. Zaldy didn’t know it too. Holy crap! I’ve connected the dots.