Chapter 31: Oh Kai 😔

Jennie’s POV

Chaeng was on the couch but I don’t know what she’s doing because she was not making any sounds. I can’t even hear her breathing anymore. She was right, I shouldn’t feel bad that I didn’t gave up everything for Kai. That green eye will surely make blind people suffer or worst, brutally slay them. The thought of it made me angry, I hope Jisoo teach that guy some lessons and manners.
The feeling of guilt will always be with me due to the fact that Kai didn’t do anything to hurt me yet he was the one who got hurt because of me. Look at him now, he was in his deep slumber. “Kai... I’m really sorry. Please wake up,” My tears started falling out of my eyes for the umpteenth time. Tears were streaming down my face since forever. “I don’t want to lose you.” I kissed the back of his hand. He was always been my protector and I’m really worried since he’s still unconscious.

“Ruby~” Chaeng suddenly called. “Can I ask you something?” Based on the sound of her voice, she was hesitant.

“What is it?” I questioned.

“What are you feeling?” She asked so I looked at her direction and flashed her a ‘What do you mean?’ look. I’m feeling sad but I think it was not the answer she was seeking for. “Are you sure about Kai?” Wait...

“W-what? What are you saying?”

“I think this conversation will not end with an answer so I’ll be going straight to the point,” Chaeng chuckled. I’m glad she noticed that. “I’ve been watching your actions since I arrived here and I, therefore conclude, that you want to give Kai a chance if he wakes up.” She explained her theory. She noticed that? Wow but yes, that was true. I’m really thinking of finally accepting Kai as my suitor.

“Yes, that's correct. It will not do any harm, right?” I inquired. Chaeng took a deep breath but didn’t say anything. “What’s with the sighing?”

“Nothing,” She replied. “but think about it first. Don’t let this event affect your true feelings. Yeah, he was there for you but don’t ever ever think that you need to repay him for what he did.” She uttered, seriously, and I heard footsteps coming closer. “I don’t want you regretting anything Ruby.” She held my hand. I can’t read her thoughts, I guess she was not thinking of anything as of the moment.

I smiled and said, “Thank you for the words of wisdom Chaeng. I will think about it.” My best friend was always good at these things. She really knew what to say and when to say it.

“I’m not against Kai. He’s our childhood friend. In fact, I approve if you end up with him,” There was a dramatic pause. “… I can see that he loves you more than anything in this world.” I know it’s not really the end of the things she wanted to say.

“But?” I urged, indicating her to continue.

“I wanted you to be one hundred percent sure about your feelings for him. I know you Ruby if you start something, you will not let it go even if it cause you pain or even if you regret it.” Chaeng said. She really knew me very well.

“You know what?” I started.

“What?”

“Let’s go grab some foods! This might be just hunger!” I changed the topic, making the both laughed at my silliness.

We left Kai to buy some foods and decided to go to the restaurant across the hospital because let’s all admit it hospital cafeteria’s food sucks! Chaeng guided me inside and helped me sat down. She read the menu to me one by one so I will know everything that was on it. Geez. She’s really patient.

“So what do you want?” She inquired.

“I’ll go with Kimchi fried rice with vegetable salad and grape juice please.” I ordered.

“And for me, chicken pasta and apple juice.” Chaeng ordered. The waitress repeated our orders but before she can leave, “Oh two glass of mineral water please. Thank you.” She added and the girl walked away.

“Chaeng, what time is it?”

“It’s past prime time hour. Why?” She responded. Oh it was already past nine? That’s fast.

“Did you inform your parents about us staying here at the hospital?” I asked. My guts telling me she forgot.

“Oh gaaaad! I forgot!” She uttered in panic. See, I was never wrong. She immediately called Thomas, after few rings he answered. Chaeng told him that Kai was badly injured and we’ll be staying with him in the hospital since Kai’s parents and siblings were out of the country and no one will take care of him. After few more minutes, our foods arrived, just right on time when my best friend ended the call so we started eating. “Do you think Jisoo’s okay?” Her question made me grin. “Don’t smile like that! I’m just curious.” She defended.

“Curious or worried sick?” I teased.

“Uhm, both.” She stated but it sounded more like a question.

“Wow~ You are in love!” I exclaimed, happily, immediately receiving a shush from her.

“Yaaaa~ stop it and lower your voice. The world doesn’t need to know Ruby.” She scoffed. I know she’s rolling her eyes on me but it’s fine since I know she’s still cute.

“You sure? Hahaha!” I teased but I stopped because knowing her she’s embarrassed by now. Okay enough, I’m sorry... Back to the topic, I’m not sure if she is but I hope she’s doing fine. That Sehun really wanted her dead.”

When we finished our meal, we decided to go back to the hospital but as soon as we entered, Chaeng suddenly stopped walking and so did I since she was leading the way.

“What is it Chaeng?” I tilted my head.

“Wait, is that Jisoo?” She asked. Well, how would I know? I’m blind. “Oh cow! It’s Jisoo and she’s bleeding.” Chaeng immediately pulled me towards her, I think, but I didn’t protest because our Chaeng was in love. 🤘