Chapter 45: Find out more

Chaeyoung’s POV

Our minds were overwhelmed with thoughts about the things that happened yesterday. Ruby and I barely caught a wink. I just stared on the white ceiling contemplating about life.

“Chaeng,” Ruby called out. I hummed in response. “What time is it?” She asked, making me glance on the wall clock.

“It’s past five,” I answered. “What are you thinking?” I questioned because she had this weird look on her face like she was plotting something crazy.

“I think I need to see Kai again and pretend like I still don’t know anything.” What she said made me jolt up.

“ARE YOU NUTS?!” I yelled but not too loud since my parents were still sleeping. “Of course you are.” I quickly answered on her behalf before lying down again. “… But why?”

My best friend took a deep sigh. “I want to know everything Chaeng… Don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere with him alone.”

“That’s right! As if I’ll leave you with that monster alone. Over my super delicious body Ruby.” I said, making the both of us laugh.

“Delicious body indeed.” Ruby smirked. “That’s why Jisoo didn’t let you go for hours.” She teased, I blushed. Uhm, that may be true since as soon as Chu saw me at the hospital, she went and hugged me for hours until Irene came, with a lot of force, took her away because she just won’t let go. “Ohhh~ look who is blushing!! Chaesoo’s sailing! Out of the way!” She wriggled her eyebrows up and down while looking at me as if she can see me. I stood up from the bed, away from her. Geez. Was she really blind? I think I should bring her to Orth pediatrist to check whether her eyes can’t really see because maybe she’s just faking it. Well, can’t blame me for being paranoid. If you were her best friend and was with a special blind for almost twenty-four hours every day then I think you’ll feel the same.

“Please remind me to use the brooch on you.” I playfully huffed, rolling my eyes then made my way out of my room. I went downstairs and took a bath when I got out, I saw my parents going down the stairs. “Good morning mom and dad.” I greeted.

“Morning sweetheart. I’ll cook simple breakfast today, no need to help.” Mom smiled but dad just nodded at me. He didn’t want to talk when he just woke up, not until he ate his breakfast. Sometimes, he acts like a grumpy child in the morning and my mom will just roll her eyes on him. Cute relationship, I might say. I wonder if Jisoo’s the same… Holy crap! Forget I thought about something like that.
Since mom didn’t need help, I went upstairs. Ruby was still in the bathroom so I sat on the edge of the bed and waited for her to finish. She was singing a song titled ‘Really’ by Blackpink. Her voice was strong yet relaxing. I rarely hear her sing since she’s this humble type who says her voice was ugly.
After few minutes, I heard the bathroom door unlocked so I went towards her and guided her to the bed. I went to her cabinet and picked her outfit for today. I chose a Chanel white T-shirt, a black flare pants and a navy-blue laced underwear. Yes, that’s right. I’m given the honor to pick even her undergarments. 😂
I handed her the underwear, making sure that the backside was facing her before turning around. Even if I helped her dress up I haven’t seen her naked body yet, not even her body in just underwear.

“Are you done?” I asked. She hummed so I gave her the pants, my head was still away from her. She’ll know when it’s upside down since she can feel the button so I don’t have a problem with it then the T-shirt.

“Done!” She exclaimed. “Thank you Chaeng.” She held my chin and kissed my cheek. I hugged her then we made our way out of my room but I stopped and let go of her hand that made her stopped as well.

A light bulb suddenly lit and an idea popped out of my brain. “I have a plan Ruby.” I informed.

“What is it?” She curiously inquired.

“If you want to know everything about Kai then let’s invite him over but we will be needing to lie a little bit.” I said with a stupid grin on my face.

Ruby furrowed her eyebrows. “What do you mean?”

“After my parents left for work. I’ll text Kai that I’m going out for a while and you’ll be alone in the house however, I’m not going anywhere, just going to hide like a rat and watch the both of you so you will be safe while you are reading his mind.” I proudly plotted, as if it was the greatest idea that a person can ever think of.

“He will see your car… He knows your lazy bum doesn’t go out without your car now that you have it.” Ruby said. Well, if I can bring my car everywhere in this world, I’ll do it since it was comfortable plus no heat and sweaty people.

“I will park it inside Mrs. Stein’s garage.” I replied. She’s our neighbor and since I’m like a granddaughter to her, she always say yes to me. “so what do you think?”

Ruby crossed her arms and shook her head. I sulked, thinking she didn’t want my idea but before I can protest, a wide smile appeared on her face. “That’s a great idea Chaeng.”

After our plotting-against-the-evil-man conversation, we went downstairs, finished eating and bid my parents goodbye as they left for work. As soon as they were gone, I went to Mrs. Stein and asked her if I can park my car on her garage which she gladly allowed. When I got back inside our house, I picked my phone and started typing a message;

Kai

Morning Kai. I
want to ask you
a favor, it’s
about Ruby.
sent 6:10

Morning too.
What is it?
sent 6:12

I’m attending
my friend’s birthday
party at the lower
part downtown,
can you go to my
house because
I don’t want to
leave Ruby alone.
I promise I’ll be
back as soon as I can.
sent 6:14

Oh no problem!
You can take
all the time in
the world. Jane’s
safe with me. I’ll
be there in an
hour max.
sent 6:16

Look at this desperate guy. Jane’s safe with him my ass. Does he have conscience? Or even a single good bone left inside him? Geez. I should have known that guy’s into something. Argh! I want to crush his balls— I meant eyeballs.

“He’ll be here in an hour.” I informed, reaching for her hand. “Don’t worry. I’m here. I won’t let him do anything bad to you.” I assured her since it was the first time I saw her this anxious. We waited for the most stressful and suspense one hour of our life. We were busy revising the plan until we heard a car parked outside, indicating that one of the heartless monsters has arrived. “I’ll be hiding, just stay here in the living room so I’ll be able to see the both of you… Hey~ Don’t worry, okay?.. If he does something bad I will break his neck.” I rubbed her hands in soothing manners before making my way to the small room under the stairs.

It was one of our playrooms when we were young. There’s a peephole on the door and since it was facing the living room, I will be able to watch the scene unfold.