Chapter 35: Fooled

Jennie’s POV

Good news, Kai was already alive and kicking. He woke up around midnight and the doctor discharged him since it was minor injury. When he got out of the hospital, he told me that he will never leave my side that’s why he picked me up early this morning and went with me everywhere I need to go even if he’s not fully recovered so because of that I made up my mind. “Kai~” I called, sweetly. It made me cringed since I’m not used to it. We were inside his car because he’ll drop me back to the Park’s house.

“Yes Jane? What is it?” He asked. I reached for his hand since I knew it was resting on the gearstick.

Taking a deep breath and smiling afterwards, I announced, “I’m allowing you court me.” The car immediately halted. Geez. That reminded me of Chaeng, we didn’t talk earlier and she didn’t even help me after I took a bath. All of a sudden, she became distant and I’m missing her already.

“ARE YOU SERIOUS?!” He shouted in disbelief.

“Yes.” I nodded, still with a smile on my face, my gummy smile.

“OH! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! PROMISE, YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT!” He happily said. I heard a seatbelt being removed before I was pulled me into a hug, a tight one.

‘I hope so Kai.’ I thought to myself.

Few more minutes, we arrived at Chaeng’s house. Kai helped me out of the car. His happiness was radiating from him and it made me happy as well.

“This is still so unbelievable but thank you so much for giving me a chance,” He held both of my hands. “I will do my very best not to let you down.” With a gentle squeezed, he kissed the back my right hand. I still can’t hear any of his thoughts. I’m going to ask him about that matter some other time because right now, I shouldn’t ruin the moment and just go with the flow.

“I know you will. I trust you.” I slowly pulled me hands out of his grip since I’m not used to this yet and I felt kind of awkward.

“I’ll see you tomorrow gorgeous!” He bid.

I waved at him and said, “See you.”

“I can’t wait to see you!” He remarked, enthusiastically. “I think I should just stay here, what do you think?” He asked. Geez. Why was he so clingy? It’s kind of cringey.

“Hahaha go home~” I playfully urged, making him laugh. He walked back inside his car. I kept waving goodbye until the sound of his car faded away.

I turned around and walked to the gate. I knew Park’s house like the back of my hand since they didn’t change anything around it because of my condition, and I was well-informed of what’s outside and inside of this house. After ten steps, I reached the front door, grabbed my spare key and unlocked the door however, before I can even twist the knob...

“And what was that?” I heard Chaeng’s voice from behind me, causing me to jerked in surprise. Geez. I didn’t hear anything from her, not even her breathing. To say that her ninja skill reached its maximum level was an understatement. I know that she’s eyeing me suspiciously with her arms crossed even if I can’t see her.

“What was what?” I pretended not to know what she meant because like I said, it was still awkward for me.

“Spill the beans Ruby.” She said in a very serious tone. Woah, easy there human.

“Chill, you don’t have to bite my head off… I just told Kai that he can court me.” I happily announced but she didn’t gave me any reaction so I extended my hand for her to grab. When I felt a super-duper soft hand, the texture was kind of weird, I immediately tightened my grip on it and we walked inside the house. “What are you thinking?” I asked. I can’t hear anything, making me wonder why she’s been distancing herself to me.

“Nothing. I’m happy for you.” Her tone didn’t even had a bit of happiness on it. The way it sounded was nowhere near genuine and not even a slightest hint of joy was present.

=================================
Kai’s POV

I still can’t believe that we won the bet. Yes, that’s right. My brothers, Xiumin, Suho, Chen and I, made a bet of how long it will take for Jane to give me a chance. We made it for fun when we found out that she was coming back to Korea. And if you were wondering why she can’t read my mind, let’s just say that it was because I’m at master level in lying and I’m pretty well at pretending. Nah, I wasn’t really kidding but the truth was my father gave me a charm or more like a small brooch that he got from a guardian or something, and it prevent mind reading.
When I arrived back at our house. I saw Suho’s car. Good timing, they were back from America today. I quickly parked my car at the driveway and made my way inside with my widest smile plastered on my beautiful face. “WELCOME BACK BROTHERS!” I happily greeted as soon as I saw them.

“We flew here as fast as we can because we heard that you got beaten badly but looks like you are happy about it, huh?” Chen said. They were sitting, eating pizza and donut in the living room while playing a gaming console.

“Xiumin~” I ran towards him and ruffled his hair. He swatted my hand away and looked at me questionably. “We won!” I raised my hands for a high-five.

“What? How?!” Suho scoffed, throwing the controller he was holding on the couch. “You didn’t force her, did you?!” He eyed me suspiciously.

“Hahaha of course not! I just played the knight in shining armor and been with her the whole day after, doing some gentleman’s duty, you know?” I grinned, proudly, too proud for Suho’s liking since he frowned at me. “and with that, she gave me a chance.” I fist-bumped with Chen before sitting beside him.

Then the information sank on Xiumin’s brain making him scream in excitement, “WAAAAAAAAAAA! YES!! BROTHER, READY YOUR COSMIC STARSHIP!” He pointed at Chen. Xiumin was the oldest among the four of us and I’m the youngest but if I based it on maturity, I ranked first.

“NO! NOT THAT. That’s one point five million, you brat!” Chen retorted. He has a collection of motorcycles, big bikes to be exact.

Xiumin’s smirk grew. “Then I’ll go with the Yamaha BMS Chopper.”

“Over my dead body Min! That’s three freaking million.” Chen took a deep breath. “I’ll give you the Dodge Tomahawk V10. Take it or leave it.” He bargained.

And without any objection, our oldest brother agreed, “Okay deal.” The two shook hands, formally closing the bidding. Chen stood up and went to his room, when he came back, he tossed the key to Xiumin. The brat immediately ran outside. “See you later!”

“TAKE CARE MONKEY!” Suho reminded. He was always the goody kind of brother but nevertheless, always rides our trip as long as it will not do any harm.

*vroom vroom*

“WOAH~!!” We heard Xiumin shouted.

“And what do I owe you brother?” Suho asked, looking at me.

“Your new Ferrari.” I said in a serious tone. His eyes widened. “HAHAHA! Kidding! Just treat us at the fancy restaurant.” Then I pulled them out of the house.
As the youngest plus my father’s favorite son, all our properties were placed under my name so to avoid conflict with my siblings, I spoil them with everything they want that’s why I don’t have to ask for his car because I can buy my own. *smirk*