Chapter 23: All this time...

Lalisa’s POV

It has been almost a year since my training started. Zaldy made sure that I wouldn’t be able to go out of her building, and I guess that was for the best because I do not want to kill anyone anyway, so better be stuck in here since it wasn’t a bad place after all. The only thing that bothered me was missing Lucy. It was the longest time that I haven’t seen her but Lewis visit me from time to time and I’m giving him money for Lucy’s treatment. The money usually comes from Seulgi and sometimes from Jisoo, I felt bad every time they gave me some but I can’t let Lucy starve and die so I don’t really have a choice. Sometimes, you really need to lower your pride to save your love ones.

Today, I felt something was wrong or something was going to go wrong, I’m not sure which one but the point was I felt worried for someone.

“Seulgi...” I called. I’m here in the magical living room, watching some superhero movie on this see-through idiot box.

“Yes Lis?” She asked as she stuck her head out of the thick book that she was reading.

“Can I ask you a favor?” I said, fidgeting my fingers.

She placed the book she was holding on the table before walking towards me. With a smile on her face, she asked, “Yeah sure. What is it?” Why was she so kind?

“Lewis, he hasn’t been here for almost a month and I’m worried about Lucy so...” I paused, contemplating whether to ask her or not.

“You want me to visit her.” Seulgi completed the sentence and I shyly nodded my head. “Sure Lis. No problem!” We smiled to each other.

“Thank you. Promise I’ll repay you for everything.” I moved a little and hugged her. What? I’m just glad.

“No need. Just don’t end the world,” She messed my hair. “I’ll be going now.” She taped my shoulder and grinned at me before she went out of the room.

Today, Jisoo will not be training me since she’s the ruler of her clan meaning she have bigger responsibility. She’s either here with me or with her people. I wondered how she’s managing it though she kind of matured a bit maybe because she’s too stress and also, maybe because she doesn’t have a life anymore. If you were wondering what training we were doing, it’s more of mental and emotional therapy, counselling and whatnot. Jisoo, being the scion of balancing, can control an individual’s soul. That’s all I can tell; just ask her what power she possess cause I know nothing more. And I’m also wondering how’s that blind. Was she fine? What was she doing now? Was she mad at me? Well, I guess she was... I almost killed her. Geez. Why am I even thinking about her anyway? Argh! Everything was just so freaking frustrating this time.

“AHHHH! What a lovely sleep.” I heard a voice from behind me so my adrenaline rush kicked in. I hurriedly rose, positioning myself in a fighting style.

“OHHH GAAAD! DON’T SNEAK UP LIKE THAT!” I scolded and sat back on the couch.

“HAHAHAHA! You should have seen your face! It’s priceless.” She teased. She’s unbelievable!

“What are you doing here? I thought you’d be gone for a year or two?” I asked as I continued watching the movie again.

“If I sleep any longer, I might turn into a baby or something.” She chuckled so I looked at her again. My eyes widened because she fucking looked like a kid around eight to ten years old. It’s the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen.

‘How on earth could a six-hundred-year-old guardian look this young?’ I thought.

“Hey! Don’t look at me like that!” Zaldy whined.

“You are weird.” I stated then she gave me a bright smile.

“Thanks,” She replied. What? That was not a compliment. Geez. Everything here was really weird but she’s the weirdest. “So, how are you? Did you find a way to control that body of yours?” She questioned as she took a seat on her floating throne.

“No progress. Jisoo said my soul’s still in red and black color.” I sighed. All those months for nothing.

“And where is she?” Zaldy asked.

“Doing her job as a ruler of her killer people.” I’m still feeling mixed emotions towards the idea, I’m mad at her people but I’m not mad at her. I know it’s weird. I told you EVERYTHING’S WEIRD!

“Rude,” Zaldy shortly replied. “And where is Seulgi? I can’t sense her anywhere in this building.”

“Uhm... I asked her to visit Lucy. I’m really worried.” I explained, shyly. I was embarrassed because I belittle Seulgi not so long ago and now I’m asking her for favors. She’s willingly doing her ‘sidekick’ job for me.

“Why don’t you visit her yourself?” Zaldy questioned like she didn’t know that she restricted me from going out of her magical building.

“You jailed me here, remember?” I scowled in disbelief and rolled my eyes.

“I— what? No, I did not.” She argued with a scrunched face that made me stare at her. Did she lost her brain or what?

“Then why every time I went down to the lobby, there’s a barrier at the entrance that was preventing me to go out?”

She stayed silent for a few minutes, thinking about the possible reason. “Did you drink the milk on the floating fridge?” She asked out of nowhere.

“Yes?” I shortly replied, not knowing what’s the connection of that to the current argument.

“So that’s why you can’t go out,” Zaldy laughed. “I casted a strong spell in you and Jennie that will somehow avoid you both from crossing each other paths as much as possible so you can go out. I granted you that, that’s why I got exhausted but I guess it’s useless, I didn’t know you are such a baby that you will drink milk.” And she lost it. Gaaaad! All this time, it’s my own fault.

“What kind of milk is that?” What kind of milk can do something like that?

“It’s the milk that helps me teleport outside this building but for someone else it will be a restriction from going out to the real world.” She explained. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, trying to relax. Gosh. Why didn’t she hid it somewhere else?!

“What do you mean real world? Isn’t this real?” I inquired with eyes still closed. I needed to relax because she’s making me want to put her back to sleep.

“Outside this building is creature’s reality world… In simplicity, a world with emotions, trials and problems. Plus, this building can only be seen by non-humans and those humans that have part in the book of prophecy in all generations. Well, to make it up to you. Let’s go visit your mother tomorrow.” Zaldy said. I just nodded in agreement. That was the best thing that came out of her mouth so far.