Chapter 77: Safety First

▪The Next Day▪

Chaeyoung’s POV

We were watching tv since my parents were on leave and we don’t have anything to do because of the incident yesterday. It was past six in the morning and guess what? Still no sign of Chu. Where on earth was that woman of mine? Geez.

‘We are now at TV16 and this is Niña your news reporter. The president of the Philippines was found at the airport’s ground… He was fine—’

“See, Jisoo’s innocent.” Ruby said. I just held her hand since I don’t really have the energy to talk.

‘.. didn’t say anything about what had occurred or any confirmation of his action but he left a threat for our dear president. We apologize but we will not play the footage as for the request of Ms. president Kim, herself. The authorities immediately sent Mr. Park Jinyoung back to his country after his statement and was banned in Korea for lifetime. Stay still, for more update.’

“After he ruined our daughter’s wedding, he dared to threaten our president whom he shouted to the world that he love? That man’s out of his mind!” Dad scoffed in disbelief.

*ding dong ding dong*

I hurriedly rose, running to the door and opening it in hope that I’ll see Chu. Thankfully, I’m not wrong. I pulled her into a tight hug as my eyes started to well. Releasing her, I said. “Where have you been?! I’m worried sick!” I punched her chest as my tears fell. She hugged me with one hand to stop me from hurting her.

“I told you I’ll fix things... but I guess I made it worse.” She rubbed her nape while chuckling. I pushed her away and glared. She was an epitome of exhaustion. Even with her shades on, it was noticeable. Her hair was messy, her face was pale and her lips was chapped. I think I should k— Geez, erase erase. What am I thinking?

“What did you do?” I eyed her suspiciously. It was not doubt, I just want to know what on earth happened.

“I tried talking to that man but he’s stubborn as heck,” Chu sighed then she tilted her head slightly. “G-good Morning, uhm, mom and dad?” She greeted, uncertain.

“Good Morning sweetheart. Come in.” Mom gestured her to come so she entered. “Did you eat already?” She inquired, holding her hand and pulling her to the living room.

“Not yet but I’m fine. Thank you.” Chu smiled but mom didn’t listen and still went to the kitchen. “Uh sir—” She was cut off.

“Dad.” He corrected that made me bit my lower lip to suppress the smile that wanted to creep on my face.

“I’m really sorry for what happened. I swear, I didn’t mean to ruin our wedding... Please, don’t take Rosé away from me.” Chu knelt down as she started crying.

Dad pulled her up and embraced her. “I love my daughter so much and I want her to be happy... She found that happiness in you so who am I to take that away from her?” He pulled away, holding her on the shoulders. A smile grew on his face, it was a weird one. “Give me grandchildren, I’m getting old.” My jaw dropped.