Chapter 27: I'm Jisoo, I'm okay?

Jisoo’s POV

Earlier today, someone got the nerve to send me another letter, giving me a warning. The letter contained the following message:

Your reign will be ending soon.

See you in hell.

“Madam!” Irene barged in my office while panting heavily, like she just had finished a forty-two-kilometer marathon.

“What is it?” I inquired. She took a deep breath and sat down in front of me, pinning her eyes on the floor. Maybe too scared that I will raise my voice again but nah, I don’t want to cause another low-magnitude earthquake. I’m getting tired of having news about it. The only funny thing was some reports said that the earthquakes has something to do with the ‘end of the world’ theory. Like deym! It was me who was causing it, the Kim ‘Cutie’ Jisoo. “According to my sister, Joy, there’s a kidnapping at the lower part downtown.” She cautiously informed. Joy, along with her secret team, were our eyes around downtown, our spies. No one knew about them aside from me and Irene.

I ran my hands through my hair. This was really frustrating. Since the day, I was announced as the ruler, someone started an uncontrollable strikes, excessive killings and kidnappings. “What’s the exact location?”

Irene cleared her throat. “The new building of the blind humans.” I huffed before fixing the papers on my desk.

“Say nothing to anyone. I’ll go find out who’s behind all of this madness under my ruling,” Standing up from my swivel chair, I walked to the coat rack and grabbed my favorite hoodie. “Call the human driver, tell him to wait for me at the welcome arch of downtown… And also, cover for me.” I commanded. She handed me my shades before I walked out of my office.

As I was about to close the door, she yelled, “Wait madam!” So I looked at her. “Namjoon is currently at the lobby. I think he’s watching you. I’ll distract him so you can go out.”

I nodded my head and said, “Yeah, good plan. Thank you.” then we both went inside the elevator. She got out first and went to talk to Namjoon then when he wasn’t looking, I quietly went to the back door and left the Emerald, making sure that not a single eye was laid on me. I don’t know who to trust anymore, for all I know anyone can be stabbing my back so I have to be keen and if I find out who’s behind all this thing, I swear I’ll bury that person ten thousand feet under the ground with no mercy.

After more than twenty-five minutes, I reached mid-downtown and saw our loyal human driver, Baekhyun, waving at me. Thankfully, he didn’t brought the presidential car since I have to lay-low. I don’t want humans to think that something was wrong and more importantly, I don’t want them blocking the way.

In just fifteen minutes, we reached lower part downtown. Baekhyun parked the car on the sidewalk across the building. I went out and quietly slipped through the slightly opened gate. As soon as I did, Joy spotted me and came running to me, “Madam,” She bowed her head. A mask covering her entire face including her eyes. The whole secret team was wearing this mask to hide their identity which I approve.

“What’s happening now?” I questioned. We were both looking at the building. I must say this Kim was something else. Her dedication in helping blind people was beyond expectation... why? Because the building was enormous something close to a castle with five floors and a beautiful garden that surrounds the building. It really looked fancy yet there was still a homey vibe.