Chapter 34: Run Away Blonde

Jisoo’s POV

I blinked few times, still thinking what went wrong. I was just telling the story of what happened to me yesterday. It was all fun and games until I came across the name, ‘Jennie’. Lalisa walked out of me, slamming the door shut.

“Did I say something wrong?” I asked the guardian.

“No my child. I’ll go talk to her.” Ms. Zaldy gave me a single nod before walking through the closed door.

‘Woah~ seriously, what else can Ms. Zaldy do?’ I thought to myself in amusement. I sat on the couch while staring at the door, hoping it will open and Lalisa will ran out saying, ‘It’s a prank. You should have seen your face.’ like what she always do. What had occurred really left me clueless since it was the first time something like this happened. My thinking was interrupted by a loud shout.

“ARE YOU DEAF?! DIDN’T YOU HEAR, I SAID I DON’T KNOW!” She was frustrated. I can feel it. I stood up and started pacing back and forth.

“What’s happening to her?” I asked myself. This was making me anxious. The same question lingered inside my mind. Where did I go wrong? In just a short period of time, Lalisa and I gotten close. I do consider her as my friend because I got to know almost everything about her and her family, well, I said almost since she’s not good at opening up and trusting anyone especially a green eye. To be honest, I, myself, don’t trust anyone aside from the people I’ve been with so I totally understand her trust issue.

“LEAVE ME ALONE!” Lalisa angrily yelled, lifting my hand on the door but before I can knock, Ms. Zaldy appeared in front of me and held my hand. The next thing I know, I was teleported to my penthouse.

“Do you want anything?” I inquired.

She shook her head ‘no’ and said, “But thank you.”

“So, what happened?” I questioned as I sat down on the couch.

Her hair was white and she had this faraway look on her face. Heaving deep breaths, she replied. “All I’m sure is she need time alone.”

Biting my lower lip for a brief second and fidgeting my fingers, releasing some tension I was feeling before dropping the question I was dying to know. “Do you think she’s mad at me?”

Ms. Zaldy stared at me. Her eyes sending message of worry and sadness as she responded, “She’s mad at this world… It was written all over her face.”

Sighing, I looked at my clasped hands that were resting on my stomach. Clicking my thumb nails together as my eyes averted back to her. “So, what’s your plan?” She gestured me ‘one second’ before closing her eyes. As soon as she did, it started flashing white color even though it was close.

“What is it Seulgi?” She questioned.

‘So this is how she communicate with her. Wow~’ I thought. I’ll never get tired of watching her use her powers because there was always something new that left me applauding her.

“What?! Are you sure?... Okay I’m coming back.” She said then opened her eyes.

With eyebrows meeting each other, I asked. “What is it?”

“Lalisa’s missing.” Ms. Zaldy stated. Wait...

“WHAT!? Bu-but we just left not so long ago.” I raised my eyebrows. Ms. Zaldy held my hand and without saying anything else, she teleported us back to her building. “You didn’t see Lalisa on your way here?” I asked Seulgi, who, at this moment, was standing right in front me.