Chapter 49: Idea

▪Time skip▪

Jisoo’s POV

Almost been a year since I successfully brought Lalisa back. Her case was closed just after few weeks when she came back with me and her name was forgotten, the crime she committed was erased, and her existence vanished... how? Well, of course it’s all about connection and money, a lot of money. I publicly announced that I took care of the great Lalisa Manoban and paid the police a huge amount of money to erase all her bad record, videos and images. Thinking about how much money it cost me, I’ll be broke in no time so please remind me to ask her to pay me back if she has the money. About my half-sister, she was living in the Philippines and according to my sources, the great Jeongyeon met someone with a bunny-like front teeth and that girl was making her happy so I hope she’ll settle there because if she come back or even set foot in Korea again, I’ll make her regret her twenty-eight years of existence. Also, my beloved Rosé told me the things that Kai did to her and Jennie so I ordered Dahyun and Tzuyu to keep an eye on them as much as possible. Plus, I decided to never mention Jennie’s name to Lalisa, ever again. I don’t want her running away because looking for her stressed me so much.

“NO! SEULGI STOP!!” I heard Lalisa shouted so I went outside. Geez. I just got inside the bathroom for few minutes and there goes these kids bickering again. Lalisa came back with a terrible attitude. It was out of control but she’s not out-bursting since I’m with her and somehow I handle the situation well. The perks of being the scion of balance, I guess.

“What’s happening this time?” I asked, pulling the humanized version of pain-in-the-ass away from Seulgi.

“This girl is so annoying!!” Lalisa pointed at Seulgi’s face with an angry look on her face and a mad pout.

“She hide my book! I’m just getting my book back!” Seulgi crossed her arms. Seriously, how old were these kids?

“Argh! Enough!” I raised my hands in the air as if I’m surrendering. “MS. ZALDY PLEASE COME BACK!!” I shouted, slumping my body on the couch. The two stopped but still sent deadly glares to one another. “Come on Lalisa,” Heaving a sigh, I stood up and pulled her without waiting for her response. We entered the training room, she sat down on her place and I sat on mine which was in front of her then suddenly Jeongyeon’s soul came in mind.

“OH MY GAAAAD~ WHY AM I SO DUMB?” I hit my forehead that made her looked at me questionably. “I just remembered Jeongyeon’s soul.”

“What about it?” She questioned, lifting her eyebrow.

“When my father apologized to her, her soul lightened.” I explained.

“So... Let me guess, you want the special blind to apologize to me?” She tilted her head and crossed her arms.

I nodded before saying, “What if the answers to your problem are all basic? I mean, what if all you need is to forgive and forget, be taken care of, feel that someone is supporting you, to love and be loved for your soul to find peace and come back to life.” I came to the conclusion that she was feeling left-out plus it seemed that the world was against her that’s why her soul died. Although, somehow I believe that she think her mother’s love was enough to keep her heart warm however, in my opinion, that’s not it.

“Oh come on! You’ve got to be kidding me! Do you think you can still control me if I see her?” Lalisa rolled her eyes on me. The nerve.

“Obviously not, but I’ll make sure you will not be able to touch even a single strand of her hair before letting you see her. I’m not that dumb Lalisa.” I spat back. I already made a plan, just now actually. “We should try and see.” We can’t waste more time since all my ideas were failing though I have plenty of ideas left but still we can give it a shot, right?

“NO!” She answered my unspoken question. Geez. Can she hear me out first? “NO~ I’M NOT GOING TO TAKE THE RISK. MY MOTHER’S LIFE IS AT STAKE!” She angrily scoffed. If my power was not restraining her, I’m quite sure she had punched me right on the face at this moment.

“Then do this for your mother!” I argued, placing my hands on her shoulders. “If that blind dies along with all the other blinds including your mother, do you think I will not blame myself? Do you think my conscience will let me sleep at night?” I questioned. Her expression softened. “Maybe this is one of the major situations where I’ll be choosing my path Lalisa... If, if this went well, we can say that I’ll be taking the pink path but if this fail,” I took a deep breath. “we can all conclude that I’ll be destroying this world with or without you, so help me Lalisa... but in order for me to do that, you must help yourself too.” I squeezed her shoulders. The silence invaded the room for a while until she decided to break it.

“What’s your plan?” She asked but instead of answering her, I pulled her out of the room and we went down to the lobby.

“Stay there.” I strictly commanded then ran outside the building to the Emerald.     “IRENE!” I called as soon as I landed on the front door.

“Yes madam?” She ran towards me.

“Tell Suga and Dahyun to bring Jennie here in uptown alone ASAP. Tell Sana to give my order to the police units to clear the road just in case Rosé’s stubbornness kicked in and decided that she needed to tag along.” I ordered. She immediately called Joy and asked her to tell them my request, after they talked, “Come with me.” then lifted us to the gate and pulled her to Zaldy’s building.

“What now?” Lalisa asked but I didn’t answer her instead I tried controlling the huge tree that was outside Zaldy’s building and thankfully, it worked! This particular tree was different from all the other trees. Seulgi told me that I was the only one who was able to control it. The vines started pulling Lalisa towards it then I commanded it to tie her body on the tree trunk, leaving just her head out so she can still breathe. Deym oxygen! Sometimes, it was a hassle to be half human since we have the need for oxygen to stay alive however, I do not blame my father for falling in love with my mother.

After waiting for a while, I saw Suga running towards us. I’m not sure if he has a good or a bad news. I crossed my fingers. Well, I hope it was good.

“Irene, I need you to support the tree. Give it all the strength you got.” I demanded. She nodded and stood at Lalisa’s side, placing her hands on the tree.

“I’m going to kill you Jisoo! This is too tight! I can’t breathe!!!” Lalisa was annoyed but I couldn’t care less, not today.

“We have to do this or do you want to be jailed here forever?” I asked because she was annoyed, she just glared at me. I’m not exaggerating, it will be forever since we found out the aboriginals were immortal. However, we have the power to kill one another.

Like a tree, when a typical green eye reached the certain age or if the roots inside their chest rot or was damaged, they will die but I’m an exception since as I’ve said, I’m immortal so if I reached the certain age, my roots will just sprout to a new bud. In my father’s case, it was different. I’m pretty sure he cut his chest open to break his roots so he’ll die along with mother. Geez. Let’s not talk about it, can we?