Chapter 60: Date

Jennie’s POV

“WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE?!” That was the first thing that I heard when we arrived to wherever Ms. Zaldy teleported me.

“Geez. Relax. You’ll both going to be fine.” Ms. Zaldy said then helped me sat down. I’m not sure what’s happening but I’m sure that the blonde was here.

I heard the chair screeched. Aww, that hurt my ears. “IS THIS SOME KIND OF A JOKE?!” The blonde yelled.

“Can you chill? And do I look like I’m joking?” The guardian spat back. Geez.

‘Are they kids?’ I thought.

“Your blood isn’t boiling, correct?...” Ms. Zaldy inquired. The blonde didn’t answer so she continued, “Sit down and stop complaining!” I’m not sure if Ms. Zaldy knew how to roll her eyes but I’m quite sure she rolled her eyes.

“What’s happening?” I questioned, dumb-founded. First of all, they were fighting like a couple and I’m clueless. Second, the blonde’s right in front me. Like what the— we should be avoiding each other for it will be the death of me yet I’m here, sitting right in front of me. I don’t even know what I should be doing… should I freak out? Scream? Run? And third, of all people, why the heck did the guardian brought me here? 

“Well, Seulgi said that this is called a date so get to know each other and if possible trying kissing.” Ms. Zaldy suggested like it was a simple thing to do. My mind froze when I heard the ‘D’ and ‘K’ words.

Wait... “WHAT?! KISS?! ARE YOU NUTS?!” I yelled in shock. Not that I don’t want to since hearing her voice again, made me start craving for her but it was strange to kiss the one who wanted me dead, right?

Ms. Zaldy didn’t answer me instead I just heard her laugh before saying, “I’ll leave you both for a w—” I cut her off before she finished.

“Hold on! You are going to leave me here with her?!” I pointed my shaky finger towards the individual that was breathing in front of me, scared for my life. For Pete’s sake, she tried to kill me and I know it’s her life goal so no way.

“Don’t worry, Lalisa’s going to be a good girl. Now have fun and if Lalisa misbehave just call my name and I’m going to tie her up, choke her and whip her ass.” Ms. Zaldy warned.

“Woah~ is that your kink?” The blonde asked in a teasing manner.

“I do not know what you mean but Seulgi said it was what the mighty human, Christian Grey do to bad human girls.” Ms. Zaldy answered. My jaw dropped. I may be blind but I know that name. Chaeng told me about that erotic movie that was released few months ago. “Anyway, enjoy.”

“Guardian!” I called.

“She’s gone.” The blonde uttered so I just stared blankly. “Uhm... There’s food in front of you.” She informed, awkwardly.

“I know,” I shortly replied. “I have a nose; I can smell the food.”

“Rude.” She whispered but I heard it loud and clear since I have super hearing. “Let’s eat then.” I didn’t move an inch. My vision started lightening but of course, it was still blurry. “Come on~ Don’t make this so awkward.” She whined, making me chuckle. Why do she sounded so cute? Wait... what am I even saying? Shaking my head to remove the thought, I picked the utensils. We started eating in silence. Awkward was an understatement. I decided to break it since she’s been staring at me the whole time now.

“Do you know that staring is rude?” I queried. Her eyes widened. “I can see you.” I informed.

“You do?” She tried diverting her gaze down on her plate. Weirdly, I found it cute.

“Yeah, Zaldy’s building made it possible.” I explained.

“Am I pretty?” She cockily asked with a smirk, making me choke on my food so I hurriedly grabbed the glass of grape juice and drank it all at once. Talk about airy and cocky person, and she will be on my top list.

“No.” I answered as soon as I recovered that made her pout. “Anyway, I like to formally introduce myself. I’m Kim Jennie, twenty-five years old and the owner of the world-class company.” I introduced. All of a sudden, she coughed uncontrollably. Geez. What’s with us choking?

“Y-you are the owner?!” She questioned in shock. I nodded my head. “You’ve got to be kidding me!” She lifted her hands to the air as if she was surrendering.

“Why? Did you happened to stole money from us?” I smirked. It’s not a big news since I know very well that ocean-eyed people live to steal, and papa once said that someone successfully stole some money from our company’s account.

“Honestly, yes.” The blonde admitted.

“Wow, I never expect you to be honest.” I said in awe.

“Anyway, I’m Lalisa Manoban, turning twenty-five next month.” She extended her slender hand for a handshake that I gladly took.

“That’s it?” I asked.

Lisa shrugged. “Yes. That’s it.” Rubbing her chin while looking at me. “Not satisfied? Ask me what you want to know then.”
So I did. We exchanged information about ourselves, our parents and so on. We started feeling relax with one another. She was so honest and straight-forward. Talking to her felt like we know each other for a very long time. We kept communicating until the song ‘Perfect by Ed Sheeran’ started playing on the background.

“Oh! That’s my favorite song.” She suddenly clapped her hands then stood up. “Uh, can I dance with you?” She extended her hand to me. At first, I hesitated but still grabbed it since Ms. Zaldy said it was safe plus I have this feeling that I really wanted to dance with her. Gently wrapping her arms around my waist, she pulled me close so I wrapped mine around her neck. As we started swaying, she rested her forehead on mine as she shut her eyes closed. I saw every bad memory of her. It mainly focused on the stealing crimes since I already know the killing part. What’s weird about it was being this close to her, relaxes me. “Can I ask you something?” She questioned. Our bodies swaying along with the music like we know how to dance.

“You already did but go ahead.” I replied. She rolled her eyes on me. The nerve.

“Do you feel that weird connection between us?” She asked straight-forward. She didn’t even flinched and just stared straight to my eyes.

“Yes.” I responded, honestly. There’s no point in denying it anyway. “How about you?”

But instead of answering me, she started singing. “Fighting against all odds. I know we’ll be alright this time~... Sing with me.” Woah~ Her voice was magnificent.

“Darling, just hold my hand. Be my girl...” I sang. She intertwined her hand with mine.

“I’ll be your man. I see my future in your eyes~” She sang. Her eyes didn’t left mine. “I feel it too.” She answered my question but I didn’t care anymore. I’m not sure if she’s hypnotizing me, not that I care, but I’m just so lost in her doe eyes. “… Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect, I don’t deserve this you look perfect.” She caressed my face. “You are beautiful.” I blushed even more. Before everything sink in me, she started to lean forward. Her eyes staring at my lips. As soon as her lips touched mine, my eyes automatically shut closed. It felt good, sending me to cloud nine.
What the hell was she doing to me? Why does my heart flutter like this? How can she manage to make me this happy? I barely know her. Was this what people call true love? But now, all I know was that I want her.