Chapter 7: Crossed Paths

Chaeyoung’s POV

Ruby left for about fifteen minutes now, and I can’t stop worrying. She told me everything, every detail of what she heard when her soul was removed from her body, and her plan to simply meet them which by the way destroyed all my braincells. It’s like jumping straight to her grave and I’m furious about it. Ruby’s a smart person, someone considered as genius, that’s why I didn’t know what the hell she was thinking when she said, ‘I’ll be waiting’. What was that supposed to mean? Was she suicidal? Geez. She’ll going to wait for the two powerful green eyes that killed her father, not to mention they were really powerful. Wait, I already said that but the point was THEY WERE POWERFUL! And she will face them alone without a plan, a real solid plan. Thinking about it makes me go nuts. All these things about non-humans gave me headache. Argh!! I can’t just sit here and do nothing but what the fudge can I do? I’m just a human, a determined human.

“Mom, Dad I am going to Ruby’s mansion.” I informed as soon as I saw them walking up the stairs.

“Chaeyoung, Jennie told us her plan and it’s dangerous. I won’t let you, so go back to your room.” My dad authoritatively ordered so I looked at mom with ‘Mom, please help me’ look. I know she knew me well plus, she can’t resist my puppy eyes.

“Thomas, if you don’t let your daughter go, I assure you she will jump out of her window and break all her bones just to see Jennie.” My mom held my dad’s hand.

After few minutes of thinking, my dad took a deep breath and said, “Okay then but be very careful, if anything happen call the police immediately.” I hugged him. “Why am I having two stubborn women in my life?” He dramatically massaged his temple. We just laughed.

“See you later mom and dad!” I yelled as I ran down the stairs towards the front door.

“BE CAREFUL CHAEYOUNG!” My dad reminded as the door closed behind me.

I hailed a taxi and hurriedly entered. “Kim’s residency.” I stated and the driver immediately drove away. Ruby’s house was twenty to thirty minutes away from my house depending on the traffic situation. Without asking for any direction, the driver immediately sped up. Ruby’s parents were the most influential people I know. Despite of their condition they were still the most humble and helpful couple that’s why everyone knew and love them. Sadly, uncle Lucas was dead.

When I arrived, I put my payment in the slot and waited for it to turn green indicating that the taxi door can now be opened. “Thank you.” I said then went out of the cab. I started walking to the main gate. Good thing, I know the gate’s passcode or otherwise I will be needing to jump over the high fence. “One.. six.. two.. four.. five.” I typed the code and the gate started sliding. I quietly sneaked in looking around the mansion. We used to play here when we were kids so I know the place like the back of my hand but until now I’m still wondering how they lived here all those times. This mansion was way too big to accommodate only one couple, four maids and two driver/bodyguard which now were all out of the house.

As soon as I made my way to the white hallway, I heard voices coming from uncle’s office so I came closer.

“YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS!” An angry woman’s voice coming from the inside.

“THEN MAKE ME.” Ruby spat back then I heard tree leaves whooshing so I stuck my head on the door’s gap.

“WHAT THE— THERE’S TWO OF YOU?!” I covered my mouth in shock and immediately realized that I uttered it out loud because now, they were both looking at me.

“Actually... no,” One of the two Ruby laughed before she started transforming.

“CLOSE YOUR EYES CHAENG!” Ruby yelled that made me instantly shut my eyes.

“Hahaha you’re so funny… Don’t worry I’m wearing shades and also, I’m not planning to hypnotize such a pretty human.” She laughed again so I opened my eyes one at a time, checking if it’s really safe.

“So, that was your plan.” Ruby said to the blonde whose standing just beside her.

“Hahaha yeah, I’m a genius, right?” The blonde proudly questioned. “Anyway, you must take care of yourself gorgeous,” She added before she walked towards me. “if you’ll excuse me ladies. I need to go.” She smiled at me. I took a step back to give her way so she can leave in peace. When I’m sure that she’s far enough, I went inside.

“Are you okay Ruby?” I inquired as soon as I got hold of her.

“Yes Chaeng, I am fine but what on earth are you doing here?” She crossed her arms with furrowed eyebrows.

“I’m dying in worry so I followed you and let me guess, that girl helped you, didn’t she?” I asked. She pulled me out of uncle’s office and towards her room. Sometimes, I really doubt if Ruby’s blind.

“Yeah, she did,” Ruby nodded. Thankfully, she had help because if not, I’m not sure if Ruby would still be alive at this moment. “And I can feel that she’s not an ordinary blue-eye.” She stroked her chin.

“I can tell.” I agreed.

“And how’s that?” She queried, scrunching her forehead, waiting for my explanation.

“Duh~ The girl just copied you from head to toe, she even shrunk her bones to level your height.. if that’s ordinary for you, I swear I will remove every hair you have in your body and burn you alive…” She rolled her eyes on me. Attitude? “and well she’s blonde.” I explained then she sat beside me and held my hand. Wait a minute, come to think about it, she’s the one and only blonde here in this world. I’ve been in New Zealand, Australia, China, Thailand and here in Korea, and haven’t seen any blonde, well, just now.

“Hmmm~~ I see...” Ruby seemed too lost in her deep thoughts.

“Does that mean something? Maybe hair power?” I curiously questioned.

“I’m not sure. All I know is that only those first kind and last ruler of each clan can have hair power.” She replied.

“So meaning your hair possesses power as well?” I asked. What? I’m asking tons of things because there’s just so many questions that needed to be answered for the sake of humanity, don’t you agree?

“Yes Chaeng... as you know I’m the last special blind and the first half human of my kind meaning I’m the last ruler,” Ruby paused. “and just recently, I found out that my hair helps me see humans and non-humans evil and darkest memories and thoughts.” She elaborated.

“Woah~ It’s unbelievable and creepy at the same time Ruby but, what do you think is that blonde’s power?” I inquired as I stroked my chin. My question sending Ruby back to her deep thoughts once again.

After few minutes she spoke, “I really don’t have any idea what power she holds but if she’s the one and only blonde girl existing that means she might be the one that was stated in the prophecy that papa once told me...” She trailed off. “She’s a bad news Chaeng. We need to talk to the guardian again. She might know the answer.”

I can hear the urgency in her voice but we’re not going to uptown at this time, that will be suicide, like proclaiming you’re going to hell before you stab your neck, so over my delicious sexy body.