Chapter 71: Proposal

Chaeyoung’s POV

I went to the lobby to check on her since no one was updating us about what’s happening and it has been hours since we got here. I’m worried because I know Chu will face someone not ordinary but I never thought something else was waiting for me down there. To be honest, I’m jealous.
For few minutes now, I was standing in front of the elevator hoping that Chu will follow me however, to my dismay, the elevator just stopped and stayed on the floor below the penthouse. I sighed in defeat. She wasn’t coming after me and that will only mean one thing... My heart ached. I had no idea it was this painful seeing the person you love with another person that loves her. I know we were still in the courting stage and I don’t have the right to be jelly jelly but I can’t help it. Who was that man? Why does he clung on my Chu like that? And the heck, he called her baby? And he misses her? Did they know each other for a long time? Or maybe he was Chu’s boyfriend? Gosh~ Not being familiar with the feeling made me feel so weak so I let myself sunk on the floor. I was lost, so hurt and confuse so I cried it all out.

“Chaeng...” Ruby called but didn’t say anything anymore. She wrapped her arms around me and just let me cry on her shoulder. I explained to her everything using my mind because I didn’t have the strength to utter any word. She pulled me up and guided me to the couch. “I’m not siding with Jisoo but don’t you think, you need to hear her explanation?” Her question made me burst into another set of tears. I just kept crying for I don’t know how long until I heard a ting. Wiping my snot, I turned my gaze towards the elevator and saw Irene, Joy, and Dahyun carrying an unconscious bleeding Kim Jisoo.

“W-WHAT HAPPENED?!” I quickly rose, running towards them. All of them were soaked with water and their clothes were stained with Chu’s blood.

“She fought Lee Min Ho.” Irene explained then they settled Chu on the big couch. Joy went to the bathroom and came out holding a box with a printed red cross on the top. She started cleaning and sewing Chu’s wound on her arm. I felt nauseous seeing the open wound and how the blood dropped as she suture the cut but I want to give my support so I held Chu’s hand.

“Is she going to be alright?” I inquired.

“I’m sure she’ll be fine.” Joy smiled at me, assuring me that everything will be okay. Irene put something inside Chu’s mouth and poured some strawberry juice along with it.

Looking at Irene, I lifted my eyebrow. “What is that?”

“Seeds.” She simply stated before smiling at me.

“Seeds?” My lifted eyebrow turned into a furrowed one since I didn’t get why the heck she just gave her that and why with different colors of seeds.

“It’s our medicine. This is called magical seeds,” She handed me a single piece so I examined it closely. The seed was small and in perfect circle. It was like a peanut but flattened version of it. “You can keep it but don’t eat it.” She winked at me. How can they be so calm knowing that their boss was in this kind of state?

“I’m going to tear her shirt.” Dahyun looked at me like she was asking for my permission so I gave a nod. She ripped it in half exposing Chu’s toned abs. I gulped at the sight. Irene and Joy averted their attention to something else. They talked to me about random stuff, trying to distract me until Dahyun was done sewing the long cut on her stomach. I turned my gaze back at the sleeping beauty in front of me and tucked the loose strands of hair behind her ear. She was gorgeous even with the tiredness that was visible on her face however, I’m still mad at her although now I understood why she didn’t follow me.

“Mind if I ask why your eyes are fluffy? Did you cry?” Dahyun inquired.

And before I can deny, someone spoke, “I’m sure she did… because I’m the reason of that tears.” It was Chu. She tried standing up but winced in pain because of the wound on her stomach. Why was she always being cut? Should I buy her a protective gear or something?

“Don’t try to move yet!” I scolded, gently pushing her back.

“Joy make sure that there will be no more after waves then help the people go back to their homes and be sure to provide the help they need... Dahyun, check on our people, be sure that they are given the proper medication and tell them to rest… Those who didn’t survive should be sent to doctor Wendy.” Chu ordered then turned her head to Irene. “Please, assist the president of the Philippines back to the airport when the runway is safe. If his stubbornness kicked in, use force but don’t hurt him. I don’t want to start a non-sense war.”

“We’ll take our leave now madam.” Joy bowed along with the other two then made their way to the elevator. I stood up trying to distant myself to her since I’m still a little bit mad, just a little bit, I swear, from the scene I witnessed earlier. For all I know she might be in a relationship with that guy but cheated on him or something, right? However, before I can step back, Chu was able to get a hold of my arm.

“Do you need anything?” I asked. She frowned at the coldness of my voice.

“I’m going to the balcony.” Ruby stood up but Chu stopped her.

“No Jennie. Please stay. I need a witness after all.” With a smirk on her face, she tried standing up again so I helped her. “Rosé, I’m sorry for making cry that was the last thing I wanted to happen. I never lied, I’m single and especially, not cheating on you. Even though I’m still courting you, cheating never crossed my mind, I swear... Gaaaad! Death is following me these days and Mr. Park will surely kill me for breaking our deal,” She rubbed her nape. “but before he or anyone could take me away from you, I need to seize the moment and ask you something.” She went upstairs, maybe to her room or somewhere else, who knows?. I want to help her but she gestured me to just wait. After few minutes she came back down. Why was she moving too much? Her wound was still fresh and it might open! I can’t suture it back if that happened! I might faint. I was about to scold her but she stopped in front of me with a loving look on her face then she slowly knelt down, holding my left hand.

‘What is she doing?... OMG! Is it what I think it is?’ I thought to myself.

“With the presence of your best friend, I want to ask you if you want to be Mrs. Kim Chaeyoung?” On her right hand was a red box with a diamond ring on it. My mind wasn’t functioning well at the moment. I was in shock and I really didn’t know what to say. “Rosé, I know this is probably not the right time to ask you this because of many reasons but I will do it now since I’m hundred percent sure that you are the one I want to spend the rest of my life with... so Park Chaeyoung, will you marry me?” She asked the mighty question. My heart was beating frantically. Either it will jump out of my chest or I’m going to faint any moment now. What should I say? Yes? No? Maybe? Somehow? But what about my dad? He was going to be mad or worst, kick me out of his life. Shit, I need to make a decision. I was in total panic when I felt a hand gently squeezed my shoulder.

“Chaeng... follow your heart. Believe me, Thomas will be happy.” Ruby said. I flashed Chu my brightest smile and took a deep breath. It’s now or never but definitely, I don’t want the latter.

“Yes,” I paused, wiping my tears. “I want and I love to marry you Kim Jisoo.” This was the moment I dreamt about... Getting a proposal from the person I love and who loves me back.

“Yes?!” She quickly rose up but winced in pain again.

“You need to sit down Chu.” I tried to pull her to the couch but instead of sitting down she embraced me.

“I love you Rosé.” She uttered then put the ring on my finger before kissing my forehead. It was surreal... I mean the feeling, the moment, her being here with me, the diamond ring that was now sparkling on my finger, the surprise proposal, the thought that few seconds ago I was single and in just a blink, I am engage to the most beautiful green-eye I had ever seen. Everything about this, about us, was perfect.