♠︎ Used - Asylum Skins x Reader (3/3)

It had been a few weeks since your weird love sessions with your patients. The sessions afterwards were Aesop only telling his plans on how to escape. You didn't tell Dr. Desaulnier this because in a way, Aesop was right. They had no choice but to live here. It's a house, not a home- kind of feeling. You did want them to get out of here, so they wouldn't be tortured anymore. Not only that but you remembered Emily's confrontation with him about the whole thing. You wanted to do this for her as well. Though it would probably mean you'd end up just like her, it was like a single life for many lives sacrifice. If they got found out, you would confess your betrayal.

You were currently with Aesop and Eli in the lounge for the patients. They stated they would leave tomorrow night. You were scared. Of what Joseph would do to them and yourself. Eli seemed to notice your stress and placed a hand on your thigh. "It's okay Miss (Y/n)! Once we're out, I will show you the best life can be!" His whispering shouts were quite happy, though not reassuring. But you said okay anyways. The clock ticked minute after minute and soon enough, it was late. A guard came in, yelling it was time for bed. All the patients stood up and you lingered. They walked to their cells and the guard walked over to you. "Hello dear, I've gotten word that Dr. Desaulnier would like to see you." You looked up, and all the plans of Aesop's escape flashed in your mind. Could he have know? It's not likely, Aesop would never slip up. "Okay, thank you." He gave you a reassuring smile, and escorted you out of the now dark room.

Your heels clicked on the tiles, and you made your way to your Boss's door. You breathed heavily and softly knocked on the door. "Joseph?" You called. You were expecting a 'come in' but instead he himself opened the door and pulled you in. "Ah- what-!" He quirky covered your mouth. "I know what they're doing tonight." Your face contorted into confusion. How did he know? But he took it as you not knowing about their plans. "Their moods have been so cheerful lately, and I've even overheard them practicing to act like an actual human being. Funny is it not? Either way, I've doubled up guards. They won't be leaving tonight." You stood there frozen in place. How? Why? When did he find out? "Amazing, Doctor." You said humbly but also terrified. He sighed and knelt down on his knees. "I'm just glad they didn't harm you." He hugged your waist, his face in your stomach as you were still standing. As he so lovingly held you, you were holding back tears of failure.

"I'll check up on you later, I want to make sure the other doctors know what's going on." With that he kissed your forehead and left. As soon as that door close behind you, you fell to your knees. Sobbing. If only you had been more aware. You could've told them about this, so they would be prepared. Emily's hard work for nothing. You truly were just his trophy. "Miss (Y/n)? Why are crying?" Your eyes darted up and you seen Tracy looking down at you. Great, you yourself were now going insane. "I'm sad, because I let you and the others down." All the sudden she quietly laughed, giving you her signature bare hug. She felt real alright. "I am here with you right now. Aesop had us stuff things under our sheets, and we hid in the bathrooms till they closed our cells. Then he pushed me through the vent, I thought they were behind me..." She looked at the vent in the ceiling she had ever so silently dropped out of. "So you're almost out?" She nodded, and as she did the door opened. You felt your heart beat quicken, but when you turned around, you noticed Aesop and Eli.

"You guys-." You felt like crying. "Miss (Y/n) were you crying?" Eli asked walking up to you. "I thought- you weren't gonna make it. After all Joseph said he even doubled up security." Eli hugged you very tightly. "It's okay Miss (Y/n)! They don't think like us. Plus Aesop's super smart." He released you. "Eli, Tracy, look for exits in here." Tracy jumped up and did a quick salute with a 'yes sir', Eli nodded. They both tried to get the windows open, but all windows no matter what room were bolted shut. "Aesop, you should hurry. Joseph said he was going to come back to check on me later. It's been only a bit but I'm sure he's going to know you all have vanished by now." Aesop kneeled down to you. "The alarm hasn't been set off ye-." And just as he was about to finish that sentence, a blaring sound came and startled everyone and you could see red flashing lights in the hallways. "Never mind." He said standing and helping you up as well. "Aesop we've almost got it!" Tracy cheerfully shouted. "I'm glad you're getting out of here, it's horrible here- patient wise." You said lowly. "Yes, it could've been done sooner, but Emily went and messed it all up."

What?

"What did you say?" You looked over at him, and seen his eyes widen as if he said something he shouldn't have. "I-" You had just finished crying, could you not get a break? "You used Emily? Before me? And because she failed, I was your next best bet?" He looked as if he was about to worry, but instead looked at you, straight in your eyes. "Yes." You felt tears roll down your cheeks without actually sobbing. You turned around and headed for the door. The door slamming behind you. He thought using people was easy, but for some reason, when it was you, he felt heartbroken you had run away from him. And the fact your weren't screaming for guards that they were breaking out, made him feel even more guilt.

You ran down the hall with tears coming out of your eyes, until you bumped into someone. "ah-!" You fell back on your bottom and looked up to see Joseph. "(Y/n)! Are you alright?" He leaned down to you and held your face. You weren't scared of him now. Not anymore. Instead you seen him as your comfort. You jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly. "(Y/n), why are you crying?" He rubbed circles on your back gently, the red lights still flashing. You hesitated before answering. "...I was just scared." He squeezed you tighter and his previous words from that day crept into your mind.

"I am aware of Miss (L/n)'s kind hearted nature, but these people would only take advantage of her."

He was right. You even knew a Narcissist Sociopath viewed people as trash. But you were so trusting and weak, you couldn't even see you were being used. "I'm sorry." You whispered. He only kept holding you. The alarms still going, and your eyes reflecting the red light.

That was your night. And after it, life continued. You were aloud to take care of Emily. You actually made good friends with this girl named Helena, and also a boy named Norton. A new doctor had come in. Stranger than Violetta. A lizard who in charge of experiments. Despite his dark job, he was actually like an older brother to you. Very supportive and caring.

It was sunny out, and while Helena read her books, Norton sat at your feet and an Emily who was slowly starting to regain her conscious back, sat quietly next to you. You and Joseph seemed to have more genuine moments together, wether they be fun, romantic or goofy, they were more sincere. Your life was recovering, and it felt nice. Though on warm spring says like this, you wondered what they were doing. And you couldn't help but miss them slightly. You missed Tracy's hugs, Eli's stories, and Aesop's confusing gestures. Did they ever think about you?

"I will come back for you. I promise."