☁︎ Warm Nights - Emily x reader

Sorry guys, I just realized last night how much I want to kiss Emily. Again.
Do you want to listen to Intro [Minecraft Volume Beta] ? As off as it sounds, it really made me feel like Emily was with me, and warmed my heart www (*'ω'*)

Your eyes fluttered open only to be met with the dark of your room. Though instantly you felt a pang in your head as you sat up. The room was pitch black and a slight chill drifted around making you hold your shoulders. You thought how hard it would be to fall back asleep, but as you closed your eyes even for a second you realized you would not be going back to bed any time soon.

You begrudgingly threw the sheets off of yourself and stood up, wandering to the door in the dark. You found it and pushed the handle, walking into the what you found was an even colder hallway. The cold on your feet, and the chills that ran up your back were awful. You looked left and right and for a moment reminisced all the times you were snug in bed, not an ache in your head once.

You only moved quicker down the hallway, as just thinking made your mind twist and turn painfully, and you thankfully reached the room you were on track for. You knocked, softly as to not disrupt your killing headache. And low and behold, almost as quick as you knocked did the door open. "(Y/n)?" The Doctor peeked from around her door at first before opening it completely at the sight of you.

Your eyes drifted sluggishly to the inside of her room, lamp on at her desk as papers were scattered all around. Always working. You were surprised the woman hadn't keeled over and died yet from all the work she did. Staying late up at night working on the files of your peers and waking up early in the morning to make breakfast. She pushed herself hard, you weren't sure why but she was good at whatever she was trying to do, at least in your eyes.

"Are you alright?" Her sweet voice brought you back from your thoughts, it was gently spoken, as if she had already figured out you were sensitive to sounds just from her first word. "My head is killing me- I can't fall back asleep. I was wondering if you had any medicine." Your eyes looked to the side away from her as you got straight to the point.

People would constantly pester her for things that weren't even serious sometimes so you could only imagine how annoying that would be. Besides Luca's constant checkups, and Naib's never ending opening wounds, she had a lot of work on her hands and you didn't want to be the someone tonight who held her back.

She smiled and stepped aside so you could walk in. "I already locked away the heavy stuff in the infirmary, but I do have some smaller pills up here if that would help." It wasn't really a question she asked, she was going to give them wether they helped or not. Sometimes she would be like that, people would say they didn't need certain medicine, or rest, but she always insisted on it harshly, always with a delicate look.

"Whatever you say." She seemed to appreciate your cooperation as she fiddled around her desk area. Although your head was pounding it doesn't mean you weren't tired, so you invited yourself to sit on her still made bed. Unlike your room, hers was warm and cozy. "Here you are." She handed you a cup of water and two pills that seemed easy enough to swallow.

She was always so prepared, having a glass bottle of water in her desk, just in case anyone needed a drink urgently. That would've been annoying, a drawer just for other people in your own room.

You swallowed the medicine quickly, and fortunately felt the sleepiness kick in. "Are they working?" She asked softly, which only made your eyes lower more. "Mmm." You hummed, closing your eyes, yet she jumped at how well the meds seemed to work on you. "Ah- (Y/n), shall I help you back to your room?" You nodded weakly, and Emily lowered herself, putting an arm under yours and over your back. But as she attempted to lift you, she found out that maybe she should've sent you on your way before having you take the pills. "(Y-y/n) can you help me help you up?" She asked meekly, knowing that you would most likely be unresponsive in such a state.

And as she thought, silence. Her eyes were in awe for a moment, before they gently started to close. "For tonight." She whispered and you felt your heart pace quicken. The woman laid you down, before pulling back her sheets, and shuffling you under them. "Are you comfy?" She asked, and you hummed again. Her voice was so kind, you felt the care radiating off of her and it made you happy. She leaned down close to you, making sure you were snug as a bug.

"I'll lower the lamp light, but please don't mind if you here me working."

She lifted herself and turned to her desk, starting to walk until you grabbed her night gown. "You're a workaholic." You blurted out, perhaps under the influence of the drugs. "Sorry." She said meekly, grabbing your wrist gently to lay it down but you instead grabbed her hand to her shock. "(Y/n)? Are you not feeling well?"

Your eyebrows furrowed. Anytime someone dared to give Emily recognition, she thought it was a mistake on their part... "But you deserve so much more, Emily." Your words and thoughts were getting jumbled together. "Please, for one night can you take it easy?" Your dazed mind had your voice cracking and whining for her. She does so much, with so little reward. It hurt to see such a kind person in that situation.

Your eyes barely opened and to Emily's surprise they glistened with tears. "Please rest." Your shaky voice was hard to refuse as her eyes lowered. "Just this once." She pattered away to turn off the lantern that seemed so bright seconds ago, as the room was now engulfed in darkness. She came back over and before she could lay on top of the sheets, you lifted them quickly and patted next to you. It took a surprising amount of strength, as your droopy eyes seen stars at how tired you were.

She was hesitant at first, but swiftly joined you, the thought of you releasing all your heat that was cooped up making her a bit guilty. You let the sheets down over her with a satisfied expression and snuggled closer to her. "I think I mixed up the heavy pills with the shallow ones, with the way you're acting." She said softly amused and you hummed. "Sleeping is so nice, I just want you to feel how good it is." You said with joy, and a small smile.

Her eyes softened, and almost squished tearfully at your kind words. You felt her arms wrap around you, warm and secure, you felt so light. "You're soft." You mumbled out and she laughed quietly. "Well that's a relief, I don't want to make you uncomfortable." She stroked your hair, and you felt at such peace. You thought that in this situation, even without the medicine, you would've felt just as good. "Be kinder to yourself please." You whispered, and she held you tighter.

You felt completely taken care of, like how you were as a child. Secure in the arms of those you loved. It made you think of the easier days, when your mother bellowed in your happiness. No one will ever get enough of their mothers love, so there will always be an emptiness in everyone's hearts. But as of now, Emily seemed to fill it right up. Perhaps that's why people made such a big deal out of finding a lover, because they would be that fill in your heart.

Your eyes shimmered at your thoughts. Emily made your heart feel full, satisfied, and loved... you were pretty sure you couldn't be apart from her, without feeling dull and empty. "Can you be the one?" Your eyes closed, and you were finally letting your head go blank. "Be what?" She asked, unsure of what you asked.

So you wrapped your own arms around her, tight as you could in terms of drugged out, your legs intertwining with hers. "Be the one who makes me whole." Her eyes widened, unlike you she was used to staying up this late, so her shock was full on. But she betted on one thing, the medicine. Maybe you wouldn't remember, she hoped you wouldn't... it was too embarrassing.

"Only if you'll be that piece for me too."

Relief. It washed over the both of you. For her, she finally confessed how you made her feel, and for you, acception. "I will! I promise I'll fit perfectly into your heart!" You beamed, your face in her chest and she smiled softly. "I promise too, (Y/n). Goodnight." And she kissed your head gently, yet longingly, as if this would never happen again. But you would make sure, this would be something you'd never forget.

"Goodnight, love you."