☁︎ Caught - Moonlight Gentleman Joseph x Reader

You chatted with Patricia at the old and tattered table. "I hate this map." She said blatantly. It was lakeside village, and you guessed because it was so big. Once you've used up all the pallets in one area, it was a good walk to another well palleted placed area. The Mercenary seemed to listen and the Seer also leaned in to your conversation. "Oh yeah, what do you like?" You asked jokingly. "Money."

Oh right, we were getting paid to do this. It was kind of awkward until the Mercenary let out a snicker, and the Seer did the same. You mimicked the two as Patricia just held her normal expression.

Your eyes on everyone laughing reminded you of your lovely costumes. "At least we get to wear these pretty things." You gestured to your outfit, only for Naib to disagree. "They're a pain, not only are some uncomfortable but they affect us as well." Your eyes scanned him, supposed to be some type of wolf.

"That's just because you don't like fun things." Eli said. His costume was not as different but it had stars all over. He liked that one lots, maybe cause the girls would call it 'pretty' most of the time.

"Yeah I think it's rather cute." You said, and Patricia nodded. But the reaction you expected was not one you were prepared for. A blush, on the Mercenary? He looked upset yet flustered at the same time as he scowled. But the three of you only laughed amongst yourselves.

But your eyes caught movement up ahead. It almost gave you a heart attack, but the Hunters eyes were locked onto you, as if you had done something wrong. The Photographer was not one to let the last Survivor go unlike other Hunters, but he still showed manners in the matches. For example, he would place you softly in the chair, and was quite gentle when carrying you. So you were surprised at the annoyed look he gave you, and why only you?

Surely you weren't the only one laughing, in fact, everyone still was and didn't even notice you being uncomfortable.

His blue eyes, with the pupil slit, ears and a tail. A wolf. Maybe he was upset that Naib's wolf costume got more attention than his? I mean, it was very lovely, maybe even better than Naib's. Before you could offer that suggestion, the match began.

The humid weather of the ocean and swamp hit like a truck, nonetheless, you went to your nearest cipher. Patrica went down, quicker than you expected, but she made a get away. Eli was next, but something caught your attention. After the knockdown, there would be hesitation before the pickup. Was he looking for something? Someone? Maybe Patricia.

No matter. Ignoring the picture world being opened, you focused on decoding the last cipher with Naib. All the while you 'complimented' his outfit. His face would shift into annoyance and a barley noticeable blush would rise onto his cheeks. "Can I pet you when we arrive back at the manor?" That seemed to make him conflicted as he froze. This question, to him, would change how his day went. "...ye-" But before he finished, he quickly grabbed you and threw you over his shoulder, jumping away from the cipher.

At first you were confused and were about to throw an embarrassing fit until your heart rate suddenly sped up. You turned around best you could to see the Hunter. He must've gone through his other world, the same blue eyes locked with yours. Except in less than a second of him being there, once his eyes laid on the scene before him, he scowled.

"Do not hold her so degradingly!"

His sword swung to the open side of the Mercenary, who took a hit but stayed up. Possibly taking the advice from the wolf looking hunter, he moved you into his arms. The Hunter chased after you both and in the moment seeing Naib's little ears flop. You rose a hand to his head and pet. "Good boy." You and him knew you were going to get caught so might as well mess around. Though you could've sworn the hunter sped up after that. Naib choked on his words as you said that, but a siren erupted your thoughts.

Patricia must have finished the cipher, so Naib ran and ran, but he was hit hard, and shockingly fell immediately. The exit gate was close but far. In a sense you couldn't leave your teammate who tried so hard to protect you behind, but at the same time if you ran now, you could make it.

But you didn't move, you were scared and wanted out now, but you couldn't. The Hunter passed the incapacitated boy to you, a slight sway in his tail. He didn't say anything to your frozen form but he crouched down to your level. He was only staring at you, and your teammates watched with concern.

All of a sudden he dropped a dead bird on your lap. You wanted to shove that deceased creature from your lap and scream but fear said otherwise. "wh-whats this?" You asked, looking into his eyes that seemed to light up. "For you." He said eagerly. You heard a soft pair of heels walk up to you, but still keeping their distance. Patricia was probably charging her ability.

"(Y/n)." You heard her say. "Yes?" You replied, not breaking eye contact with the Hunter, but felt the still warm animal on your lap. It's a good thing Eli wasn't here, he would've flipped tables. "I think- he's trying to court you." Huh? "Wh-what?" All of a sudden he booped your nose with his own. What is this??? "Y'know-... he's trying to pursue you... get some intimate lov-." "Yes I think I get it now, thank you."

Through the Mercenary got up begrudged as he cautiously walked past you two, the Hunter did nothing to catch him. This was probably some type of wolf behavior but you tried to leave. Whiiiich was not the best idea, as he grabbed your wrist and picked you up.

The look on your face screamed help but the feeling in your stomach said something else. You really liked this. Your teammates gave you apologetic looks as they shuffled the heck out of there. "We will sleep here." He said out of the blue, which made your head turn. "Huh? Why?" He walked you into the ship wreckage and on the top floor, he sat down, keeping you between his legs and against his chest.

He placed his head on yours and stared to fall asleep. You almost made a break for it but... you really did like this. Like a lot. Way to much. Oh well, you fell into him which he hummed at, and fell asleep to the sound of the waves.