☁︎ Heads up Seven up PT. 2 - Naib x Reader x Aesop

Lucky
____

Where'd you go wrong? What did you do in life that brought you here?

You attempted to steady your heavy breaths that were keeping you alive. A lovely yet haunting tune was being hummed from nearby as you crouched behind a shelf. Jack the Ripper was chasing you, and you didn't think that you'd ever be one of his victims.

Well actually you were supposed to be his victim in this case. You had applied at this manor in exchange for a stable life. But at this point you were almost sure you wouldn't even get to live that stable life. Blood dripped down your arms as you began hyperventilate again as the footsteps came to a stop.

"Found you." A deep voice cooed to you before you felt a sharp pain on your back. "Ahh-!" Your body tried to quickly lift itself up and run but the pain was unbelievably searing. Your hands crawled as best you could but you were grabbed on the ankle and dragged. Struggling was futile as the chair was only a few feet away.

He threw you roughly into the chair, and clasped you in, but he started to leave. That was weird, most of the time he would patrol the area while someone was in a chair.

That's when you realized a cold substance running down your body. You shivered and looked to see the black liquid engulf your form, and before you knew it, you were on a completely different part of the map then before.

You stumbled out of the coffin and before falling someone caught you. "(Y/n), are you okay?" A smooth yet worried voice called for you. You looked up and your eyes watered before you clung to the male who saved you. "Th-Thank you, Aesop." He held your shaking form for a moment, making you feel safe before releasing.

"Let's go, the Hunter could be headed this way." He grabbed your hand and started to walk in a different direction from where you were chaired just moments ago. You appreciated Aesop's affection towards you. No matter the conditions, you would always be the one he would embalm. "A-Aesop? How did you know I'd be the first to go down?"

He glanced behind himself to look you in the eyes. "I didn't." He said before turning around. You jumped slightly at his reply. What was it then? "Th-then why'd you embalm me? You could've saved it for yourse-!" Before you finished, he stopped which resulted in you bumping into him. You backed away and looked up. He was staring at you very seriously. "Because I Love You."

You flushed a soft red. He would always say this to you when you asked why he did even the littlest things for you. "Why though? There's many more beautiful girls here." He pouted at your words that only brought you down. "Don't say that, I love you for you. Not just your looks." He held both your hands in front of the both of you and stared at you longingly.

You could never answer him. You could never say 'I love you too'. Why? Becau-! "Enough making googly eyes at each other it's gross!" You and Aesop turned to see Naib quietly hopping a pallet. "Look what the cat dragged in, a good for nothing waste of oxygen." Aesop said annoyed, grasping your hands a little tighter. "Whatever necro- give (Y/n) to me. I can protect her far better. You can only save her when she's been caught." He walked closer and held out his hand, expecting you to be handed over. "I can take hits for her, and I'll rescue her myself. I can save her well enough without my ability. All you do is run, and before you know it, out of instinct, you'll leave her behind to die." The Mercenary scowled and forcefully grabbed your arm, pulling you to him. "What are you-!"

Aesop backed away as a sharp fog went between you all. "I'm sharper then you'll ever be, plus I can take three hits for her." And with the rise of your heartbeats, Naib picked you up and started running, leaving a troubled Aesop.