☁︎ Lost - Wu Chang x Reader (2/2)

You wouldn't call yourself depressed, but geez was life such a drag. The last time you remember being happy was... with them. Geez that was like 5 years ago.

Long story short, you couldn't find them, as if they just disappeared one day. They had gotten new jobs and they didn't come back. So for the five years by yourself, you practically asked all over the country if anyone had seen them. And you hate to say it, but you gave up. You couldn't put your life on searching for them forever, not if you wanted to live yourself. You had to get your own job and eventually got enough money to live easily, yet their disappearance has you restless every night. You could never sleep without thinking things like;

What if I went a little further south?

What if I had asked that man who walked by?

Should I have asked that child too?

You blamed yourself for them going missing. They did quite literally kidnap you pretty much, so guards were always searching you and them. If they died because of that, you would never forgive yourself, but you didn't know, no one did.

You were close to just giving up, but someone sent you a letter. You had studied English at the palace a bit, so you made out main points in the writing. If you were to go to a manor in America and play a game, then you would get a reward, money, but also see some people you hadn't seen in a long time. Maybe your sister or father? I mean, you missed them a lot, even if he was going to marry you off. You'd see them, play in this game with them, and leave. You didn't want or need the money really, just wanted to see some familiar faces. It's been so lonely by yourself, no one knowing who you really were.

So you went, took a boat, found the very eerie building and walked in. Of course at first sight this place was awfully chilling. But, the people inside weren't so bad. With your not so good English speaking to them was hard, but they still spoke and were friendly to you, even tried teaching you.To your disappointment though, no one you knew was there.

"(Y/n) we are having a match now." Emily came into your room and you nodded. You'd been playing for a week now, and you had the ropes. You were a pretty good 'kiter' as they would say. Maybe it was the fact that you would always run around the palace for hours on end playing tag, sliding on the floors, and keeping quiet. With them. Them. You missed them.

You stood up and walked to the large and desolate room with a single long table and chairs. Sitting down seeing everyone was already there waving. You never knew who you were facing against, unless they were too visit your table themselves, as a curtain hung lazily in front of the chair where the Hunter sat you were oblivious.

The game started. Arms factory, not to bad for kiting. You went to a Cipher nearby and began turning the gears. It was a decent match so far as time pressed on. Emily had been chaired Twice, Naib was kiting at half health and Tracy was decoding with you. You were surprised to hear a yelp nearby. Emily ran up to you, not having seen you all match until now. "I-it's Wu Chang! He's really hard to kite! Get out of here!" She said, pushing you away as Naib tried to grab Tracy and run yet her squirming proved difficult to calm down.

Wu-Chang? Sounded like Chinese to you- but you got a quick flashback moment. The letter said something about meeting someone, and no one you knew was on the survivors side... so just maybe... You rolled out of Emily's grasp gently as she stopped and watched you walk back to where they came from. "Hey dumbo!" Naib yelled at you, yet a desperate feeling grew in your chest. You wanted to see someone with a familiar face, and this might be it. Despite being surrounded by all these people everyday you still felt alone. No one knows what you had gone through or who you used to be, you were just a normal girl from a different country to them.