☁︎ Wish - Michiko x Reader

This is an angst Michiko x Fem! Reader requested by @mademmoiselle_bun55 ! Thank you for requesting. This will be really quick! As usual I like to put out small oneshots while I work on the bigger ones! Please enjoy!

----

"You're amazing as always Michiko!" You beamed to your dear friend. The Geisha flushed a sweet red, and covered her cheeks. "Oh (Y/n), you flatter me too much." She spoke gently, as she always did. You too were a geisha, but you were not as great as she was. Michiko was the epiphany of grace and elegance. You held affectionate feelings for the young woman, but you dared not tell her. That would be weird, right?

You simply showered the Geisha with your loyal friendship to no end. She was your everything and you wanted her to know that.

You just wished and wished that one day, she would be yours!

"Oh (Y/n)!" Her song bird voice called your name and your heart quickened it's pace almost instantly. "Y-yes?" What could she be so excited about? Though you would never refuse her happiness, just seeing her smile was enough for you. But her explanation for her bright smile ringed your heart of any hope to be with her.

"This man watched me dance upon the stage, he was clearly from overseas, but he was oh so handsome!" She swooned at the thought of the foreigner, and your stomach held anxiety. "Th-that's so nice of him! But I'm sure he'll be going home soon enou-!"

"Michiko!" A girls voice called from a narrow hall behind the stage. "Someone wants to see you!" The peppy girl then slid the door over, to reveal who you were sure was the man she spoke of. "Oh!" The messenger girl left you both to the foreigner. Your eyes hesitantly switched to Michiko's, whose were sparkling. Oh , please don't.

The raven haired girl walked up gracefully to the man before bowing to him, he also returned a physical greeting. But you did not like it. He picked up the young woman's hand placed a kiss on it softly. Instantly Michiko was fuming over this, her cheeks red enough to over come her white makeup.

They chatted, a little bit of struggle with the language barrier, but it seemed the man studied Japanese for a very long time. You simply watched the dreadful scene, noting how Michiko lit up at words you could not make out. She turned to you and skipped over. "(Y/n)- you won't believe!"

"What is it?" You voice clearly not as upbeat as hers, but she was too excited to notice as she grabbed her things quickly. "He's asked me to show him around town, and get a bite to eat! Isn't this amazing!" But as if it was a rhetorical question, she did not let you answer, and sped off with the man quickly.

"No, not amazing at all."

You felt selfish. Michiko clearly gained feelings for this man, but you really wanted to just tear it all down, even if it'd make her cry... you loved her too much for your, or her own good. So you grabbed your things, and went home. For the first time, Michiko was not by your side on the short walk.

-

You paced back and forth in front of Michiko's house, her mother next to you. "Oh goodness it's getting later and later..." Her mother whispered. You quickly jumped to your first conclusion. That man killed her! You knew it you knew it! He was bad news from the beginning! "I'll go look for h-!"

"Oh!" You and Michiko's mother looked forward at the warm voice. "Michiko!" You chimed with worry, however the sight of the man next to her instantly lowered your mood of relief. "Mom, (Y/n)!" Michiko walked up with the foreign man, and they were happily locking arms. "I'm so glad you're okay Michiko, you had me worried sick." Her mother embraced her, as you eyed the man. "Thank you for accompanying my daughter so late at night sir."