☁︎ Comfortable Affection - Naib x Reader

Everyone would noticeably glance at the affectionate gesture you and Naib shared as you walked through the manor. He seemed shaky and nervous under their gaze. The soft hand holding, it ruined his rough and distant exterior and you could tell it made him feel weak... he felt vulnerable.Yet he still held your hand because he loved you so.

You stared at his hooded face for a moment before you leaned into his side after passing a couple of your peers. He jumped, like you expected. "(Y-y/n)?" His voice was weary and you felt guilty. Because you wanted him to show his love like Norton did with Patricia, or how Demi did with Jose. I mean- she really showed her love... but he, Naib, was uncomfortable. Yet still, he did it despite the fact he felt more fear than love. Your face scrunched up into sorrow as you stopped walking, and so did the Mercenary.

His gaze was fixated on you, you could feel it. "Naib... I'm sorry." You practically whispered in shame. Your eyes glistened as tears welled in your ducts. "Wh-what for?" He asked, now leaning down trying to see your lowered face. The hall was now empty and quiet, your small sniffles being the only thing heard. Yes, you loved to see how charming Norton was with Pat, and you loved seeing how overly sweet Demi was with Jose, you wanted that too. But Naib wasn't Norton, and he wasn't Demi. Naib was Naib, and that's who you fell in love with.

You smiled softly to yourself, making that analogy, it made you happy. "I'm sorry for... trying to make you someone you're not, simply out of my own selfishness." The man jumped at your words, never once thought to hear you say such things. "(Y/n), what are you talking about?" He really seemed clueless to his own changes, but you noticed them all to well. "You're holding my hand." You raised your locked fingers and his eyes widened before he scowled. "W-well of course I am! I love you-... so much!" He defended the sign of love, almost angrily but you couldn't help but giggle at his phrase. You raised your head to stifle a laugh, and only then did he see your watery eyes.

"Hey!" He felt you tug him down gently as you both slowly fell to the ground. "Wh-what's wrong!? Did my yelling make you cry!? I'm sorry-!"

"Hah!" You laughed with strain into your hand and Naib seemed to get impatient. "T-tell me what's wrong- and what's making you cry!" His shout was held back, you could tell. "Naib-..." You quickly finished your giggling and looked up to him. "I'm sorry but- I have no idea who you are." Your giddy smile gave him a sense of relief, but he still felt a little pit in his stomach. "I-I'm me!" He seemed upset, sorrowful, and you quickly noticed his always dull eyes were shimmering. The first time you've seen him even have tears in his eyes, as your own widened in shock. "Naib!" Your hands rose to his face as you lifted yourself onto your knees. You gave him a worried look as you caressed his cheeks and wiped away any tears before they fell.

"Do you not love me anymore?" He asked with a strained voice, and instantly you shook your head. "No! Of course I love you Naib! I would never love anyone else but you!" You gave him a charming smile and it rested his nerves. His hand lifted to your wrist and he kept your gentle fingers in place on his cheek. "What's all this about then? Don't you like how I treat you?" Your eyes sparked, maybe he was catching on, or already had some bizarre idea in his head of what the problem was. You sat back down, and looked up to him.

"Of course I do, I love everything you do no matter what." He leaned into your hand, letting out a sigh in relief. "But, lately you've been... different." His eyes widened before they were stuck staring at the floor. It seems he knew what he was doing too, so he spoke softly to start. "You always watch Norton come up and shower Patricia with constant 'I love you's'... Then you smile when you see Demi and Jose engulf each other, and kiss each other bunches... and you watch, and dream." His head lowered as he said that, and you felt your stomach flip. "So I thought... you must really want that, so I- I started to do it all- best I could..."

You smiled. "Oh Naib, I'm so lucky to have you." You lifted his face and he looked at you startled. "You would do all that, change who you are, just for me." His cheeks flushed at the fact that what you said was true. He would do anything for you no matter how hard it was for him to achieve. You shuffled closer to him before you wrapped your arms around him into a hug, and he hugged back.

"Naib I'm so happy with everything you did the past week. Tell me how much you love me, hug me, kiss me... even in front of everyone." You recalled the silence and shock that filled the room the other day when Naib leaned down to your sitting self, and gave a quick peck on your cheek. Even you were startled by it. "But I'd be even happier if you could start being how you used to be, and show me love in your own comfortable way." Maybe he didn't think you'd notice, but you felt his grip tighten ever so slightly. "Plus-! You haven't even been yelling as much as you do!"

He jumped and pulled away to look at you flabbergasted. "Wh-what! You want me to yell???" You nodded vigorously. "Be mean! You used to be so grumpy and I can tell even trying to smile all the time makes your face ache! You used to just stand super-in-my-personal-bubble close to show affection to me and now you're all handsy! It doesn't even feel good when I know you don't feel good!"

He gave you a crazy look and shook his head. "But that's all the worst stuff imaginable-!" "It's not!" You lifted yourself up and pushed him down onto the floor. "It's not, Naib." Your voice was soft, and you looked down at him now with a sad expression, straddling him.

"It's you, and I fell in love with you, didn't I?" He was quiet, but he was as baffled as ever. He began to blink furiously and look up as to not let the tears he made escape his eyes. "I-!" He choked out and you leaned down onto him. "Please, cry. Don't hold it in, I want to make you feel better, I will make you feel better, Naib." You let go of his arms and held him dear, and he wrapped his own arms around you as well. "I love you so much- please don't move for a while..."

His words made your heart well up with happiness. "Ask me for more, ask me for everything." You whispered. You'd give him all that you could, and you knew he would do the same for you. As long as he was comfortable when he loved you, you would be happy.