☁︎ Obscurity - Joseph x Reader Pt. 2

The arts really old because I started this oneshot around the time LadyTruth came out- AH

"(Y/n)! Here is your new costume I heard it matches with someone!"

The Doctor walked into your room with a box and placed it gently on the bed. Your eyes glimmered at her words. "M-matching?" You asked softly, and Emily nodded gleefully. "Tracy told me how that match went, she spectated after returning." Her eyes were sad, recalling what the mechanic had told her. However she quickly shook her head and smiled, coming close to whisper. "I was sure to put in a good word for you."

She gave you a sly look. "Y-you asked for this, for me?" Your hands delicately grazed the box and an unconscious smile formed on your lips. She hummed. "The veterans actually send letters to the host and ask for things occasionally. Emma always asks for seeds and I always ask for more medical supplies. But we were sure to ask for this as well."

Your eyes widened before your attention turned to the box. "C-could I change and then play a match?" You asked and Emily nodded with no hesitation. "Of course! I'll go ask for a hunter." She swayed out of the room and left you to yourself. You jumped up and down silent as possible and squealed into your pillow. Who could you be matching with? Eli? Fiona? Andrew?

You were ecstatic with whoever it could be, and as you went through all of your friends, your smile faded as you thought about a certain two. "What if..." Naib had recently gotten a matching skin with Emma. They were both detectives, but it was less painful, as Naib confidently seen Emma as a friend only. However with Martha, he was just as happy as you were right now when he obtained Clarity...

Your eyes widened and you shook your head. Why were you still bothered by this? It seems your feelings didn't leave as cleanly as you hoped. Lingering feelings of affection for the mercenary remained. Should you just be happy for them? You knew it was for the best, but you realized feelings are hard to just drop instantly. You sighed, ignoring the problem in front of you and turned to the box. You should be focusing on this! It was very exciting!

You opened the box and instantly noticed the dark fabric with shimmering accents. Your eyes were engulfed by a dark-bluish, purple dress, a formal pattern across the skirt and such. You didn't even notice the rest of the outfit in the box as you took out the gown. It was so beautiful, you almost teared up looking at it. You quickly shuffled it on, along with everything you didn't notice before in the box.

Stepping in front of your mirror your eyes were stars as you skimmed the beautiful fabric. This HAS to be an S tier. Your cheeks rose as you smiled and twirled around. A match! You wanted to play a match right now! You quickly opened your door and scampered down the stairs excitedly unable to hold in your joy. Though as you past a few people you became discouraged.

You seen no one else in any costume like yours, perhaps... you weren't matching with anyone after all?

"Don't get upset to quickly, you've only walked by like five people (Y/n)." Your eyes widened and you looked to your side where Emily now walked with you. "Chin up, I'm positive you match with someone worth it." Her smile was wide and her eyes were squished with reassurance. You took a moment to stare at her thankfully before you nodded your head.

The Doctor generously walked you to the matching room, and waved as she left you there to sit. You waited as patiently as you could for someone's, your partners, arrival. The door turned and you quickly whipped your head over with a smile but it quickly shifted to discomfort. "(Y/n), I heard you got a matching skin?" Your eyes laid upon Naib in his Clarity costume, blue as ever. "Oh I-!"