☁︎ Sleep Tight - Naib x Reader

Short

You leaned on the mercenary from behind, making him jump at your presence. "Jesus (Y/n)-!" He exclaimed and you laughed softly. He turned his head to see your eyes closed...

As always. He thought.

"Hey wake up, I'm not a mattress." He complained hesitantly. He would always say something like that nowadays, with you constantly leaning on him and barely about to pass out from tiredness. "Sorry sorry, you're just so comfy."

"Then go sleep in your own room!" He pushed you off but you grabbed his arm so fast he whipped his head around. Your own wide eyes looked at his, before you unconsciously tightened your grip. "I- please don't." You whispered, and he looked at you in shock.

"Why- WHY are you like this?" He referred to your constant yawning, constant black eyes, dozing off, falling asleep in even the most bizarre situations like being chaired. He remembers, they had to stop the match you wouldn't wake up and he had to carry you all the way back. Why were you like this?

"I..." Your eyes began to water as you held onto him tightly. "I'm just afraid... of regret. I think to when I was a kid, when I didn't have to worry about anything besides washing my hands after playing outside." You stifled a sad laugh, but the Mercenary's face turned sour. The sound of your sorrowful voice and story, it pained him.

"I always wished to be an adult, to grow up, but now I wish I could go back to when I was young. When I played outside and pretended I could control the rain and wind. But I grew up, and I'm still growing up." You sniffled into him, and leaned further into the warmth of his chest as he pulled you in.

"That's why I'm always tired..." He looked down, but could only see the top of your head. Though he couldn't see your expression, he could feel your hands grasp his coat tightly.

"I'm so afraid of not living in all that I have now, before it's too late and I regret it. I don't want to miss anything, because even if right now I feel like my life is the worst... I know it still means everything to me. And then I'll look back and smile because I lived through everything, so then when I die I'll remember I didn't waste a second, and I'll be happy with my life." You slowly looked up the mercenary and he looked down at you.

"I don't wanna miss any time with you, Naib."

Your gentle smile warmed his heart but your words confused him before he grabbed your shoulders. "I don't want to miss any second with you either but..." your eyes softened into a weary look as he looked at the floor. "Please rest. I promise I'll always be here. I promise I'll never leave, so you can rest now okay?" He held your hand as he laid you down on his chest. You were quiet, and he grew nervous because of it, but you gave into your sleepiness finally. "Okay... good night, Naib."

"Sleep tight, (Y/n)."