Chapter 6

On the capital city streets, Li Mei was with Niu Xia spending time together before she'd leave in the next 2 weeks.

Throughout the nation, the people saw the 3rd prince as a terrifying man. Said to be cold towards any person he didn't know and never showing any mercy towards those he slains on the battlefield.

However, she didn't understand why they believed such a thing. Whenever Li Mei was around him, she felt safe, she needn't worry.

At a stand, the two were overlooking the many hair garments that held many treasures valued at a formidable price. The two conversed as they laid their sights upon the jewels.

"Li Mei, are you happy with this proposal?" Niu Xia wanted to know as after all, most aren't happy with their bestowed marriage as it is forced without love or feelings.

Mei's expression held no surprise, sorrow, or any of the sort, just calmness. "Well.... I don't hate it. I believe Commander Yusheng is a great person. He, on behalf of the royal family, helps to oversee and command the grand army. Other than his achievements, I really look up to him as a person in a way. I don't think I've ever met anyone as tall of a person as him." her voiced filled with nothing but admiration.

The Niu Miss was listening with nothing else but shock to her heart. Honestly, she was surprised that the man everyone so feared was disregarded by her and seen as a great person. She could only smile at the answer her friend gave her.

"Then, I give you my best wishes. I hope you are content and prosperous in this marriage."

Li Mei couldn't help but just give out a warm gaze with curled lips at her friend's wishes. She was glad that in this life, this friend of hers was truly by her side. She needn't be scared of this person, but rather scared of the fact that one day she won't ever see her again.

As they strode along further, the townspeople took notice of the pair, especially Li Mei. News spread wide and far of how the 3rd prince and General Li's only daughter were to be wedded in the next 2 weeks. They didn't know how the prince looked, but upon looking at this Miss, they could only express awe.

She was a beauty!

Her lips were shaped like a heart whenever she smiled, rosy cheeks with porcelain unblemished skin, almond eyes that seemed to shimmer, tall nose, her slender stature, and beautiful brown hair that ran past her hips.

Not only that, they've never gotten a good look at her till this very day.

And how did they know it was her?

Miss Niu Xia of the Niu Manor is said to hang around the Li Miss, giving people the idea that the young maiden beside her, is her.

At another end of the city, was the 3rd prince along with his best friend, Li Dai, taking a walk through the bustling streets. Although Li Dai did voice thoughts of this marriage to his friend, he didn't seem to budge one bit.

"Yusheng really, you should think over this marriage. Do you even want this? Moreover, does my sister even want this?" he bugged.

Sometimes, the Commander wondered who was the older one here.

"Li Dai you know, I can't even rid of this marriage even if I wanted to. A king's word is final and besides, I'll talk to her."

The prince's friend sighed. "You know, I don't mind the marriage, but rather the fact that the palace is where she went missing." voicing his concern.

Yusheng looked with somber, "I promise you that I will protect her." making an oath to his friend.

"But other than that, the day my sister first came into the palace after awakening, why was your face like that? Don't tell me it has to do with her?"