Chapter 22

The morning of the banquet, Wen helped to dress her lady. For now, she only laid out the simple hair accessories and jewelry for her Lady. She wasn't exactly one who liked extravagant things.

Li Mei sat down in her white robes as her person helped to put the accessories in. Piece by piece, her hair looked to be a work of art. The elegance made her already natural beauty stand out even more so.

No make up was needed except for the stained paper for the lips to be dyed a color red. All else was just herself as her brows were naturally full and skin clear.

As she now dressed, outside the chamber doors of her room was Zihao. Once again, was he her protector and brother. This time he will stand by and protect her with all he is.

Approaching the doors, was the 3rd prince, Han Yusheng. He was dressed finely, not so exaggerated. This was his usual style of just a rich black and gold embroidery imprinted.

Zihao bowed to him with high respects. Although he didn't know much of this prince, he knew his childhood was a troubled one.

Growing up he was often neglected by his mother leading him to often hang around General Li who was more of a father than the King himself.

"This servant greets Your Highness."

By the gesture of his hand, the guard raised himself.

Yusheng just looked at him as if to observe. On the other hand, the spectated was quite confused as to why he was reading him.

"Are you good at handling the sword?" the prince asked.

His brows raised for a moment then relaxed. "Yes, Your Highness. I've been holding it since the age of nine."

"Would you like to have a round sometime then?"

The two then looked at one another. Zihao blinked a couple times before he bowed down again and raised his head.

"Of course Your Highness."

Looking at the prince, a smirk was plastered on his face. A competitive look indeed by the individual.

"I look forward to seeing your skills then." he concluded and then left inside to his wife.

Zihao turned and watched as the royal left up the stairs to his partner's room.

"He's dangerous. Not him specifically but his mannerisms. Even the way he spoke screamed 'I'm a fighter.' "

Reaching her bedroom doors, he announced himself. "Mei, I'm coming in."

The doors opened as he entered. Coming in, the last layer of her dress was being tied on by Wen. Seeing that, he turned away with his back facing her instead.

With the last knot, Wen left her Lady and to the outside to be with Zihao. She didn't want to disturb the couple.

The moment the servant left, Li Mei finally looked his way. "You can turn around now." she said.

Turning, he came into contact with her somehow closer to him than where she was originally. Before he turned his back on her earlier, she was further away from him.

She just looked at him, causing him to raise a brow.

"Why is she looking at me like that?"

"Is something wrong?" Li Mei questioned with a delighted expression.

Lightly, she hit his shoulder and walk off ahead of him.

"You look nice, let's go." complimenting his fit.