Chapter 56

"Here," Yusheng handed Fei Ling.

Receiving it, he took a closer look realizing that it was the seal to control the army. Looking up to the prince he sighed, a rather disapproving one.

"Your Highness, it is reckless to simply just hand this to me." implying that he shouldn't put his full trust in him with this.

"Well, I trust you. You put yours in me, isn't it time I return it?" he simply stated.

"Of course, Your Highness." Fei Ling's eyes shut for a moment.

"You know what to do with it right?" he spoke.

The Jin Crown Prince bowed lightly, "Yes, Your Highness."

The Commander laughed, "Its been at least 5 years, why do you still address me by that and not my name?" he questioned as he always told him it wasn't necessary.

As the foreign prince put the seal in his sleeve pocket and tied his hair in a tail, he gave his answer. "That's because I respect you Your Highness."

Yusehng faced a huffed chuckle, "It doesn't mean you have too." he retorted.

The Jin Crown Prince spared him a glance, "At a young age, you were neglected by your mother because she was trying to protect you but in the end it hurt you both unintentionally. You had a father figure whom was General Li but that was not enough to fill the void in your heart. Then, the King sent you on dangerous journeys, not even in the slightest bit concerned about your life. Eventually, you lost that ray of light in your life, one that was able to fill that void." a brief story about him.

"I'm surprised you didn't go insane or become a rather needy person filled with greed and fear wherever you went. It is because of that, that I respect you, Your Highness." this was his reason.

The prince was speechless causing his gaze to lower.

Then, with a sad yet genuine smile he looked to the foreign prince. "Thank you for all these years you've helped me, Your Highness, the Crown Prince Fei Ling."

Fei Ling lowered his head, accepting his words.

"May her Divine Goddess Daiyu wish you a thousand blessings." Yusheng wished him well.

"Shing," Ha Lee called him.

The two were in secured room where he was held.

Among the people here, were Shing, Ha Lee, and Zihao. Yusheng would be coming later after doing a task of his that he began several days ago.

"Yes, Your Highness."

"Does he not know you are here?" she asked concerned.

"It is alright, I am known to not show up for a few days." he simply stated.

She chuckled, "That's good."

"Lee," Zihao spoke, gaining both their attention.

"Mm?"

".....About Wen, will I-er.....will we be able to see her again?" he asked with shaking eyes.

"Her name is now Jian Wen. She's entered the Jian Family with Minister Jian Li. I'm sure you will meet her soon, and a lot." she huffled.

He gave a short smile, "That's good."

Zihao wants to see her most.