Chapter 45

Once the news came, the queen was stricken with horror. Hurriedly, she ran to the hall where the king along with the other officials, decided on his judgement. Yusheng was to be the speaker of his crimes, and no one could dare defend the Crown Prince. His deeds were something none could argue against.

The king didn't bother just like that day over 2 years ago, as he was still stricken with grief over the death of a person. Not even for his own son, will he try to defend him.

Every word and sentence that came out from his mouth, General Li was furious. His own daughter fell victim to a royal who did not know how to control his emotions.

"Of these women, how many were nobles and commoners?" the 3rd prince questioned.

".....One was a noble and 12 were common." he spoke solemnly with his head still high.

Just as he was to ask another question, the queen entered abruptly with rage in her eyes. She scoured the room before then landing her attention on the younger prince.

"You!" she pointed to him.

Quickly, she ran down the aisle and up the steps. Reaching him, she grabbed his shoulders and began shaking him frantically before the other officials.

"You framed him! You were jealous that you weren't the Crown Prince." making false accusations. "He's your brother, how dare you defy him!" she screamed in fury.

Not having any of this, he forcibly released himself from her hold, causing her to stumble back and nearly fall from the flight of stairs.

With this, she turned back to look at everyone in the room. "Did you see that? The 3rd prince just tried to hurt me! Guards, GUARDS ARREST HIM."

"MOTHER!!!" Shirong roared.

Her screams stopped at the voice of her son who reached her ears. Rather than continue, she looked at him with those tired eyes.

He turned away, ashamed of her act. "Please.......get out."

"No no no, my son I shall get you out of this. Leave this to me and I'll for su-"

"I DID IT ALRIGHT! I committed those crimes for the sake of finding someone dear to me. I did it for myself!" he screamed.

She froze in shock at how he raised his voice at her. This was the first he'd ever done such a thing.

Without another word, she left but only with a glare sent to the 3rd prince.

Quietly, she exited unlike her entrance.

With the disturbance gone, everyone turned their attention back to the main subject of the day.

"Your Highness the Crown Prince, do you admit to these crimes?" Prime Minister Niu Zian spoke.

"Yes," he said without hesitation.

He was willing to take any punishment he was to receive.

Hearing his response, the court talked amongst one another to decide his fate. With the king not in much control of his position, the queen biased, and the prince with not much authority to decide on such matters like this, they were left to themselves.

"No we should cast him to the Cold Palace for a few months!" yelled one official.

"Not that! We should demote him to a prince." spoke another.

"No no, we should send him into living outside the palace."

That is until one particular official spoke up. "I believe we should put him under house arrest for a few days and then send him into exile to live as a commoner." spoke the Minister of Defense, Jian Li.