Chapter 13

As the weeks passed, Ha Lee's visits to the palace became frequent in order to prepare herself of the Crown Princess title. During this time, she only had that man on her mind.

Just 14 yet she already had her eyes set.

During her breaks, she'd run off to the royal garden hoping to catch a glimpse of him. She knew his face but not his name or who he was. One thing for sure is that she didn't care about who he was as a person.

All that mattered was that every time her eyes laid upon him, her lips would curl with joy.

On this day, after her lessons on stance and proper walking, she left to the garden. As usual, she pulled out her fan from her sleeve pocket and would hum her melody she composed in her head.

Reaching that same place she first saw him, he was nowhere to be found. Rather, it seemed that he wasn't there today.

Seeing that he was not present, she turned to leave.

However, turning back she bumped into someone of taller frame than her. She frowned upon the impact with a light groan.

"What is it now?"

Looking to the person, she raised a brow. Ha Lee could only question to herself inside upon contact.

"What?"

The person she bumped into was wearing a sort of loose black mask that covered his lower face. She didn't know whether to scream if this was an intruder, or run away since this felt strange in a way.

It was silent between the two strangers for a moment before she eventually turned her back once again and slowly walked away.

The masked man panicked and grabbed the Miss' wrist.

"Ahhh, Miss I'm sorry if you got the wrong idea I'm just a uhhh...."

The masked man was actually Yusheng sneaking around to avoid the General's eye.

"I should just lie that I'm not the 3rd prince so I won't be caught or get tailed."

"I'm a special troops fighter from the training grounds under General Li. I'm supposed to have my face covered so my identity is not known to others." a straight lie.

He could feel the anxiety and simply prayed that his lie worked to please this young maiden.

The young lady pulled her wrist from his grasp and closed her fan. She then bowed to him, "I'm sorry, I'm still not very used to the palace so you gave me quite the scare." she admitted.

Yusheng clenched his teeth in disbelief.

"I'm horrible, I freaking scared her."

"Ahh, my name is Feng. Well, it's not my real name but just call me by that if we ever meet again." Yusheng told her.

Ha Lee's gaze came to him. Those eyes that seemed to captivate you, surely did the same to the prince.

He was in awe of how one's eyes could be so beautiful.....so pure.

"My name is Ha Lee." introducing herself.

Unknowingly, did his lips move without his notice. "Your eyes are so beautiful." complimenting her.

Those words made her cheeks flush with embarrassment as she was not used to words of flatter.

"T-thank you."

Not even giving a response, he awkwardly put his hand on his neck.

"I'll get going so.... have a great day." he said ready to leave.

"Umm please wait!" he stopped as she called for him.

"Yes?"

"The man that comes here to the garden, do you perhaps know him? He's about your height if not taller and his hair is always hung loose." giving a brief description.

He raised a brow.

"My brother is usually the only person here. Is she perhaps talking about him?"

"Do you mean the Crown Prince?" he stated. "He is probably the only person that comes here."

Her eyes seemed to shimmer once she heard he was possibly her Crown Prince. A faint smile formed on her lips.

Yusheng gave a look of ponder as to why she expressed so but soon realized.

"Do you perhaps have a liking to him?" he was curious, forgetting that he was to leave to his Mirror Palace and tidy up his place for his father that would be arriving later on that day.

A soft huffed laughter came from her, and seeing so, he confirmed it was true.

"You know there's this place around here that's really, REALLY beautiful." starting a conversation and catching her attention.

He then looked from side to side then to her, "First, let's find somewhere to sit then I'll continue." She nodded at his suggestion.

As they sat, he told stories of what he had experienced through the years. She on the other hand, listened like a puppy.

"And that's how I stole the General's scroll." he finished still proud of his wrongful deed he committed just weeks ago.

Ha Lee laughed at his stories. He simply smiled behind that mask, glad he made someone happy.

Moreover, he was glad that someone enjoyed the stories most wouldn't as they were quite childish.

Then, something came in mind after having forgotten it long ago. Abruptly, he stood, "I'm sorry Miss, but I must leave. I've forgotten that I have a mission to attend to."

That mission, was his palace.

She too also stood and bowed to him. "Thank you for keeping me accompany. I also am very late to my lessons." she was preoccupied listening to him.

The two looked at each other in silence for a brief moment before he turned his back on her. "If we meet again, I'll tell you more." he bid goodbye and wished for another moment they may meet again.

As he left, she waved her hands slowly to him at this parting.

"I wonder what kind of face lies behind that mask?"

While in her own thoughts, her tutor called out to her as she had been gone for quite a while. Hearing her, she immediately rushed towards that direction the voice came from to continue her daily lessons.

Just three years from now, her life will be drastically different. That is when she will loose everyone she loves along with her hopes and dreams she held onto for so long.

A broken dream, a broken heart.
.
.
.