Chapter 29

Soon enough, word spread that the noble Crown Princess stole a treasure from the royal family. A court hearing was to be present at the hall.

Running to that building, was Yusheng.

Hurriedly, he tried to go as fast as he could, gravely worried for her well-being. He knew she wouldn't do such a thing like stealing.

"She better not be crying. I don't want her to feel like a criminal for something she didn't do."

Reaching there, guards bordered the entrance. Still, he kept his pace and ran into the hall alerting everyone at his entrance.

The once noisy room was now quiet at his sudden arrival. Standing at the center was Ha Lee, with humiliation that surrounded her.

The king looked to his son.

Breathing harshly, he scanned the room looking at every official present there. Among them, was her father, Ha Ru.

The prince could feel the shame that came off of him.

"Guards, please escort the 3rd prince out." His Majesty ordered.

Two men came forward and grabbed him by the arms, taking him away. He was unable to say anything for a moment as words couldn't come out.

After a few seconds, the words he wanted to say finally left his mouth.

"Father, you know she didn't do it. Please stand beside her." he begged. "She's being accused of something she never did!"

Hearing those words, the King could only turn away and ignore him.

As those doors shut before him, he could see her peering back to look at him. Their eyes met only for a brief moment before the frame separated them.

The young woman was in turmoil. Although it has not yet been decided, she knew she was going to be banished.

Her eyes shut tightly, as if wanting to get away from this nightmare.

"Why me? I didn't do anything wrong."

As hours passed, it was decided. Crown Princess Ha Lee would be stripped of her title and return back to the Ha Manor with her family. She was to never get married and remain a single woman for the rest of her life. Her departure is also to be that very same day her fate was decided.

Already being loaded into the carriage, were her possessions that rested at the entrance of the Treasured Palace.

It seemed as though they were packed long beforehand.

Silently, her figure that stood beside there, looking to the palace.

Emotions ran through her.

"I'm sorry my Crown Prince. I know that even till the very end, you did not once bother to look my way for I have always been looking at you from afar. At the very least, I wanted to hold your hand even if it was just for a brief moment, and you to see me. My love that I've held for you has hurt me greatly in return........I'm sorry I fell in love with you."

Before she knew it, tears were already running down her pale face that held no expression, just blank.

"Lee," her mother from inside the carriage called her.

Turning around, tears still covered her face. This made her mother worried.

"Dear, are you alright?!" her voice filled with concern. 

Wiping away those droplets, Ha Lee then remembered something, someone.

Feng.

"Lee, let's go home." her mother spoke.

Looking up to her she then turned away. "Mother, please wait for me! I.......I need to do something." shouting as she ran off to the royal garden.

Her sudden action took the Lady aback for a moment. The woman then settled down and sighed as she looked to the ground.

Once she arrived to the garden, she sat at the pavilion. She didn't even know if he was going to come but waited for him.

As minutes passed, so did her thoughts that raced without rest. She was becoming frantic wondering if he would even come by.

Before she was to leave, she at the very least wanted to thank him.

Eventually, the sound of footsteps came. Without a second to spare, her eyes looked towards that direction, and there he was.

Approaching her, was Yusheng with his mask as Feng. Still, he did not want her to know who he was.

Her once down expression became overjoyed at the sight of him.

"Feng," she called out to him with a smile.

Hearing her call his name, warmed his heart but also shattered it in the process. Just today, he had to see her stand at the center of a crowd that decided her fate.

He felt absolutely horrible.

"Your Highness," he bowed to her.

The last person who'll ever address her by that title.

Reaching her, she abruptly rushed towards him. Her slim arms wrapped around his waist, surprising him.

As her face against his chest, tears formed once more. He could feel the pain and emotions she was going through.

With hesitation, he too, wrapped his arms around her smaller frame with a promising grip. This was the only chance he would ever get to hold the woman he cares for.

They remained silent between another, no words exchanged.

"Ha Lee, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I know you didn't do it. You would never such a thing. It's just so stupid that they didn't even bother to investigate this matter and simply bring it to court because of the Queen's words........ I'm so sorry you had to cry. I'm so sorry I couldn't do anything."

His eyes held back those crystals that formed without his will as sniffles came about.

"Feng," she called out to him.

"Mm?"

"I'm sorry." she apologized.

"For what?"

"I'm sorry that I can't stay here anymore."

".........."

"I'm sorry that I won't be able to hear your adventures nor hear the sound or laughter of your voice again. I'm so sorry, and thank you...... Thank you for always listening to my grievances and sorrow along with sharing the most beautiful memories with me. Thank you..... thank you so much."

Even with the utmost effort, those raging waters within his eyes could no longer be contained. Slowly, they rolled down his cheeks and soaked into the cloth that hid him.

Words couldn't comprehend what he wanted to say to her. He wanted to say something but again he couldn't.

Those lips couldn't express anything.

All he felt was the indescribable pain and loneliness she experienced during the time she stayed here. He knew her sufferings when he could've done something.

From a distance, gazed a young man. Although his expression was as always void of any emotions, here he felt another throbbing pain in his chest.

A feeling that couldn't be described.

A feeling so foreign to him.
.
.
.