Chapter 26

It's been at least 6 months since she officially entered the palace. Ha Lee was still, as always, alone except for the days she'd visit the royal garden to see him. Her Crown Prince however, still did not acknowledge her.

"Lee," her mother, Lady Yue Ying called to her.

Snapping out of her daydream, she looked to her mother, who smiled with delight at the sight of her daughter.

"Sorry, I was just spacing out." she laughed.

The Lady grabbed her daughter's hands taking them into hers. Her gaze then turned into a concerned one.

Noticing her mother's gaze, she felt uneasy as if she were doubting herself deep down inside.

"Are you alright?" she asked her.

The Lady's eyes shut for a second before they opened and looked to her daughter's face.

"I'm so sorry that you have to be here."

"I'm fine....... Anyways, how is it here? Are they visiting you at all or talking to you?" asking of her situation.

Her eyes lowered, "No, but it's alright. I'm sure they're just busy." trying defend them.

The woman's grip on her daughter's hand tightened.

"Actually I need to tell you something." she started.

Lady Yue Ying sighed, as if she were seeing herself within her daughter years ago. Ha Lee on the other hand, just kept quiet ready to listen.

Speaking, her voice was low only enough for the two to hear.

"You must be careful around this particular person. If you show any sign of weakness or defeat, he will take the chance. I know he-"

Her next words were cut short by the sudden entrance of His Majesty.

"Am I interrupting something?" his face plastered with an awkward smile.

The two immediately stood and bowed to him. By the raise of his hand, they then rose.

The King walked over to the two along with his son, Crown Prince Han Shirong, who followed behind. As always, his expression was never a bit pleased and blank.

And not ever, did he once looked her way.

"Lady Yue Ying, how have you been?" His Majesty asked.

Her eyes lowered to ground, not wanting to meet eyes with him. "I am doing fine, Your Majesty. How is everyone?"

His smile was still present on his face. "Mm, we are doing quite well. Also, there is no need to address me that way, we are family by now." he told her.

"We are not," a voice came.

The King sighed at the owner's words.

"Shirong, it is a fact you must accept."

His eyes finally looked her way but were filled with distaste. Clearly, he did not even want her here nor in his range of sight.

Ha Lee's expression became troubled and her eyes casted to the ground away from his gaze. She's always wanted him to look her way, but not like this.

Not with him feeling that way towards her.

Sensing her daughter's discomfort and change in the air, she wrapped her arm around her from behind.

The King turned to them, apologizing for his son's behavior. Heavily, did a sigh fall from him.

Later on that day, was Minister of Personnel, Mo Yaozu entering the Moonlight Palace along with his daughter Mo Liu. She was dragged along, not exactly wanting to be here.

Upon meeting the Queen, they bowed to her.

The woman just laughed, "Please, raise yourselves." her eyes focused on the young maiden.

Rising, Mo Liu for a split second, met eyes with her but immediately looked away. She could feel blood rushing to her head due to nervousness.

"Let us talk comfortably now shall we?" Her Majesty spoke with a smile on her face.

After meeting with the Queen, the two walked back to the carriage. It was silent between the two blood individuals. That is until her words broke it.

"Father, why did I have to come here too? It's not like me being here would have made a difference." she shrugged.

Walking ahead of her, he didn't even turn back to look at her and kept his gaze straight ahead.

"Her Majesty, Queen Qi Ting wanted to see you."

Her hands clenched at her dress. She could feel that something was not right.

"Then, I don't ever want to come back here." she protested and stopped her steps.

He too stopped at her sudden halt. The Minister turned to her with a scowl on his face. "Don't be so difficult!"

Her gaze shifted to the ground, catching onto what it was that was happening and not wanting any part in it.

"Father, it isn't too late to turn back. What you're doing will ruin the lives of others and possibly yourself." she warned him.

He gave out a huffed laughter, "What are you talking about? There is nothing going on." his expression turned unsettling.

The Young Miss gulped nervously, however, her eyes still held determination. "What you're doing is wrong." she stated.

He grabbed his daughter's wrist tightly, dragging her with him back to the carriage to go home.

She winced at the force upon her and followed reluctantly.

"If this is wrong, then so be it! The Divine Goddess, Daiyu, cannot save her."
.
.
.