Chapter 47

"Yusheng," her voice called him in this place of white loitered all over.

The two were simply having a stroll this early evening in the Mirror Palace garden where they'll eventually be on their way to the lake that gave this palace it's name.

"Mm," the prince mumbled.

His back was turned to her as he was occupied by the trees beginning to bear life as it was almost the end of winter. He always found how each leaf on the tree served a purpose meaningful.

Everything had their own meaning.

Li Mei quickly ran up to her husband and wrapped both of her hands around his. Her lovely smile was only ever shown to him.

One that made him laugh with joy.

"It's so beautiful." she spoke.

He chuckled as he nudged her head, "You're also beautiful don't forget that."

She couldn't help but feel her chest throb and face flush.

Reaching the lake, the two stood enjoying the sight and unparalleled looks of nature.

The last time the pair were there was the night when Yusheng had unexpectedly visited her after seeing his mother. He knew why she became that way but at the same time he didn't.

"I know we're supposed to be enjoying this time together but can you please tell me more about your family?...... I want to know more about you." she asked of him.

In her past life, she never even knew there was a 3rd prince. He was never talked of nor mentioned in any conversation. It was as if he never existed until after her death.

Yusheng's lips pressed together, then released. He also wanted her to know about him the way he knew her.

"......My mother was the most beautiful woman in the nation until she wasn't." this was her beginning.

"From an early age, I always saw that she was happy. Everyday she'd greet me with a smile. One that would melt your heart. However, when I was about 6 years of age that was when my mother began to change, and the king began to become cold towards me. That was also around the time he became king."

She gulped just at the mention of that man's title.

"Truth be told, she was actually the Crown Princess to marry the future king whoever he was, and was very in love with him from what I heard. I don't really remember him from my childhood, but I do know that he was a kind person.

My mother would sometimes speak a phrase that he did 'If you want to soar high, hold onto what you believe in even if those around you do not share the same values. As long as you keep your head high, what you achieve in the future and what you do will not be in vain.' Honestly, he was just so amazing. The 'father' I have right now is different from the one in my memories, kind and loving."

She bit her lip after everything. Silence was about for a few seconds, yet it felt like hours.

"I'm sorry." Li Mei suddenly spoke.

"For what?"

"About your family."

A soft laugh left his lips and came closer to her from behind. Opening his coat, he brought her in and hugged her tightly.