Chapter 51

It was morning that day.

The two lied in bed, under the covers of Yusheng's chambers. As one was awake, the other's eyes were still shut.

Ever since the prince learned of the truth, he hasn't been himself. He hated how the two people he loved were tormented the same way, and by the same man.

His life was also a lie with everything that was supposed to be his, was taken away along with his father's death.

"How are you feeling?" Ha Lee asked him.

Although she knew he was asleep, she still asked. Her hand then came forward and pushed back his strands of hair that covered his face. Her expression was solemn with a loving gaze. Every time her eyes fell upon him, all she saw was him for him.

Quietly, she spoke, "If I could turn back, one thing I'd change to is never forget any of you."

The time she spent in that dungeon where she slowly wasted away and lost the most important memories she held dear, were the most hurtful. It was lonely with no fresh air and nothing to keep her company except for the horrible night visits and Shing who brought her food everyday.

It's a wonder how she didn't go insane but rather stayed calm. She remained herself as the soul she has always been. One particular individual who visited her daily, had to witness all those dreadful, sorrowful tears and hear her suffering from the other side of a door.

That individual wanted to help but was hesitant due to the power above them. They did their best to help her live on only to be met with her death that shook them, turning much colder than ever before with emotions shut.

Even now after it all, she did not waver. No matter what she went through, she didn't let those experiences change her. She didn't want to become a person unknown to her.

"Look at me," a voice suddenly came.

Her focus came to him, her husband. The Commander awoken still tired from his sleep. Eyes landing on her, he noticed how they changed into a different expression. The emotion shown was one that broke him inside every time.

His arms wrapped around her, pulling her close to him. Startled by the sudden change in position she froze then relaxed.

Those lovely eyes gazed into his deep black orbs. A sheepish grin came up on his face, "I'm right here." he assured her.

She laughed at his words.

"He really knows how to read me."

"I know you are." she buried her face in his chest.

Kissing her forehead, he held her tight. Its always warmer when two are together.

"Wen!" Zihao yelled out her name.

"Yes?" the woman answered, unbothered by his constant pestering as she has gotten used to it.

As he blabbered along, so did their stroll as they were given spare time to themselves.

"Let me touch your birthmark."

She frowned lightly, "Of course not, didn't I tell you before already."

He scrunched his nose shortly, "But it's cute."

"Zihao, it is impro-"

"'Improper to touch a woman without their consent,' yes I know but I am asking for your permission." he grinned, finishing her sentence.