Chapter 59

It was Han Shi's sentenced day as he was ordered to drink poison. In a room, he simply sat there as a few guards and the Minister of Defense, Jian Li stood watch.

Throughout those years, he didn't have any purpose other than trying to obtain the things he wanted. In the process of it, he caused a sequence of misfortune to others and two kingdoms.

"Guards, please stand outside for a moment. A visitor will be coming to have a word with him." Jian Li ordered them.

They simply nodded their head and left the room at a distance to give privacy. The man on death roll raised a brow.

"Who is it that will be coming?"

The Minister did not answer and stepped aside as that visitor entered.

It was Shing.

The criminal's face turned into a scowl. "Tch! You still dare to show me your face even at the end."

His expression was calm but held countless emotions that were unable to be conveyed. "I want you to apologize to me, although I know it won't do anything." Shing spoke.

He scoffed, "Why should I? You're just a servant."

"Liang is already at death's door. I at least want to be at peace after this all ends."

Han Shi huffed, "Just because I molested you aren't I right? Forget about it, you were just a child that time there's no need to fret." he brushed it off.

To Shing, that time was the most traumatic. He had just entered the palace to take part in the selection to be one of the king's personal guards as a young teenage boy. What he didn't know, was that the King was planning to prey on one of those young boys.

He was one of the unfortunate.

The man thrashed the table that held the poison to the ground, spilling it. "You are just a commoner, someone I took in to stand beside me, to protect me, and look at what you did. You betrayed me! You are the sinner not me." he yelled.

"If you don't apologize, I'll do something worthy of an apology from you." he voiced.

The man didn't understand what he meant by that and simply turned a blind eye. Shing looked to Jian Li as if asking for approval.

The Minister nodded and turned away.

Again, the man scoffed. "You're just a servant."

"Then," Shing mouthed as his hand held the handle of an object.

"Long live the king." and with that his head was sent flying.

Blood splattered the cell walls. The headless body moved about for a couple seconds with the last nerves it had left before falling to the ground with a loud thump.

The head was faced against the wall, wheezing until it stopped.

"I'll write it off as a report that someone came and killed him," Jian Li covered for him.

"But I'll let His Highness know that it was you who did it. It'll just be between us that know." he added.

Shing swung his sword forcibly, ridding of the blood on his blade and sheathed his sword.

"May I meet with Her Highness? I want to make a final request from her as promised." the man spoke.

Jian Li nodded with a frowned smile, "Of course."

At the Plum Palace, the place was now alive after nearly over 20 years that it remained vacant. It's owner has returned.

Yusheng ran through the halls coming to his wife after hearing the news.