Chapter 54

As the countless nights went by, so would Yusheng and Ha Lee with their evening business. Those bruises and bite marks she wished would go away, won't anytime soon.

This day, the two still lied in bed tired from last night's event. He was more rough than gentle as compared to their previous nights. Her body held more marks than ever and ached to the core.

With the sun rays peaking through the cracked windows, one hit her eyes causing her to shift. Her eyes squeezed with discomfort for a couple seconds before opening with a daze.

It was quite cold as she was naked and just a blanket to cover, and so to gather warmth she snuggled closer to her husband. Her head was situated under his chin where he leaned on her and lips touching his chest.

With surprise, strong arms wrapped around her. "Awake?" he said.

"Mm," she simply answered.

It was then a shift in positions came.

Ha Lee's back was now to the bed while he hovered over her with a smirk.

She groaned tiredly. "Yusheng please, it's too early for this."

As she said that, he was ready to start their "fun."

"Please?" he asked of her.

Those eyes of hers shut tighter than ever, ".........."

His smirk turn into a pout, one she did not quite favor. "Lee?"

She knew how easy it was for him to simply slide inside again. It was still full.

Reluctantly but also not complaining, her legs wrapped around at his waist pulling him in.

"Be gentle for once."

A smug expression covered his face, "Of course."

He obviously was not gentle.

"Have you heard the word?" an official said to another.

"No, what is it?"

"The Prime Minister's daughter and the Minister of Defense, Jian Li hold admiration for one another!"

"Does that mean Minister Jian Li will ask for her hand in marriage?"

"That is probable, but the real question is, does Prime Minister Niu Zian know of this?"

Little did they know, a storm would come one day where two men will talk at a table.

Word of their relationship spread like wildfire. Even servants would gossip amongst themselves.

"The Minister of Defense is quite a beautiful man don't you think?" a female servant said to another with awe in her eyes.

"Ah yes! Although not quite up to the standards, he is undeniably beautiful. The Young Miss is also quite the beauty."

"How did the word spread anyways?"

"Apparently, General Li's son saw them. When he was talking to His Highness about it, one of the soldiers overheard them thus starting the spread."

"Goodness, the palace can only hide a secret for so long."

The servant laughed, "That's why it is always best you silence those who know."

Those days that passed by were hard for him. He wanted to reach her that day long ago but in the end it was revealed to him that all those times he held back, it hurt her. She decided to walk away to heal and find herself again.