Chapter 50

"Fei Ling, where have you been going?" Yusheng asked the Jin Crown Prince.

"The Treasured Palace."

The prince raised a brow, "You should know it is off limits. It contains our kingdom's history and treasures."

"That's exactly why I went there, Your Highness. It contains the records of your kingdom." spilling his intentions.

"What exactly will you find doing so?" the 3rd prince questioned.

Hearing that, he decided to tell more of the Divine Goddess Daiyu from where they left off.

"The first born son of the chosen Crown Princess by Daiyu, is to and is the only person who can become king. If a man who is not of the Crown Princess' blood becomes king, a cycle of misfortune shall begin." the beginning of a story from long ago.

"However, if the Crown Prince does not become king along with not being with their chosen Crown Princess who is not in their given title, death shall come instead. A demon will unravel itself within the royal family set by Daiyu herself. If fate is not turned, the kingdom shall fall apart, and soon after the other three kingdoms."

He was overwhelmed by the sudden history. Only those of the main branch of the royal family knew, but they weren't the real main branch.

"Are you saying that I," Yusheng paused, hesitant to say it.

Fei Ling's words came, "Yes, you are the Crown Prince, and Ha Lee is your Crown Princess." a shock to the Commander's ears. "You were meant to find each other, even if death came between the two of you." implying that he already knew of Li Mei's condition without even needing to ask.

Yusehng was speechless. His real identity was kept from him all this time.

"I am not even sure if the king is even the king, or if he is even your father." he further added. "That is why I need to know what exactly happened 21 years ago when His Highness, Han Ru was killed."

He couldn't just make assumptions although he was sure of it by now. To jump to conclusions, was something he didn't quite favor.

That was the moment he began to question everything.

His mother locked herself away, the king treated him as if he weren't even his son but rather a servant, he and his brother didn't have any similar features, the queen was a tyrant to him, and how Shirong and Ha Lee couldn't stay together no matter what. 

"Then my mother......" he stood in realization.

Fei Ling simply nodded his head, agreeing to what he was thinking. Hurriedly, the prince ran as fast as he could to the Lotus Palace.

"Could it be that my mother knows everything? Is that why she locked herself away to keep us safe?"

Once he reached there, he didn't bother to announce himself and barged in. His entrance startled her, who was sewing an infant's clothing.

Likely a gift, for when her son and Li Mei would bear a child.

Imperial Concubine Jian Wei's eyes landed on him, who was out of breath, and sweating faintly. A truly unpleasant feeling as it was cold outside.

"Yusheng, what's going on? Are you alright?" she asked him concerned, setting down the sewing piece, and going to him.

The moment her hands touched his shoulders, he wrapped his arms around her. Naturally, her's also came around him, as if he were still a young child coming to their mother after falling over and crying.