Chapter 32

"Shirong," Queen Qi Ting called her son.

Still, with his usual poker face he answered. "Mm?"

The two were sitting outside on the balcony of the Moonlight Palace. Although winter was upon them, they still decided to stay out with their large warm coats of soft fur.

"The 3rd prince will soon be dispatched." informing him of news he has yet to know.

"Huh?"

"You will be 'very' busy, so I took matters into my own hands to have him go in your place." she smiled with a masked innocence.

A glare came in his eyes, "Isn't it only right that I go? Aren't I the Crown Prince? I'm supposed to be gathering followers." his tone of voice seemed to darken.

She chuckled, "My son, you do not need followers. With your previous engagement with Ha Lee, the people have already sided themselves with you. That family is very prestigious in terms of background and fame throughout the country. Once they learned how she stole, they simply felt remorse for you and decided to support you if you did not already know. This small scandal only gave a scratch to the Ha Manor."

"Are you saying she didn't then?" he questioned.

"What makes you believe she'd steal?" confirming his question.

"Mother! Why must you frame her? You could have just asked for a change in brides." he shouted.

"Dear, it is not as easy as you think. Stealing the Black Jade Seal of the Realm is indeed a serious crime, even worthy of treason. That is why she was banished, and if you did not know, the selection of the Crown Princess is not simple."

He raised a brow, indicating for the woman to continue her explanation.

"It is only our Divine Goddess, Daiyu, whom can select the Crown Princess. Once we ourselves find a partner for you, we will lift her crime and invite Miss Ha Lee back into the palace as a concubine." her ever so innocent smile became smug.

He didn't respond nor make reaction to anything he had just heard his mother speak. Inside his mind, a war raged as everything that had been happening up till now all made sense to him.

The Crown Prince didn't come into any contact with his former Crown Princess, as he didn't want anything to do with her. However, after hearing of this, he didn't know what to think.

His mother neglected her, which was something he found rather strange as to why she'd do that to her future in-law. Then he began noticing how Minister of Personnel Mo Yaozu, would frequent his mother, and soon after the sudden visit of her telling him Ha Lee stole the seal.

Not only that, her case was cut short. No one even bothered to touch or spare a look at the "crime" she committed.

Figuring it all out, he then stood from his seat abruptly, alerting the woman before him.

"Pardon me but I will be heading back. I.....I need to attend to some matters within my palace." excusing himself quickly with his mother unable to say another word.

The Queen just laughed softly as he walked away from her sight. She was not in the slightest bit concerned pf what she told him, and how he now knew the truth of everything.

"My son, it was only a game." she sneered under her breath.

"Zihao!" Xueqin called to the guard that was rather more of an older brother instead.