Chapter 41

At this late hour, Shen read the condition of Li Mei who still lied on that monument table. It has already been well over a week and there has yet to be any signs of awakening.

The Crown Prince simply stood by, praying that she will.

After a few minutes, the man turned to the Crown Prince, shaking his head. Shirong clenched his teeth with devastation. Tears began to build but held them back.

"How can I say sorry now?"

Nothing

That's all Ha Lee could see as she walked. Her body felt light as if something was lifted off of her. She knew she was headed somewhere but didn't know where exactly. All she knew was that she had to find the light.

As she walked, she could only feel the emptiness within her. After everything that happened, she didn't know how to convey these emotions.

Her eyes looked dreadful with the yearn of wanting to see her family and him again.

"Where is it that I'm supposed to be right now? Who will I find when I reach the light? Is Feng still looking for me? Will my wait finally come to an end?"

Soon enough, she saw the light. Not thinking much of it, she ran towards it as if trying to catch a butterfly.

Then, her eyes opened.

She blinked a couple times before pulling herself up to sit and look around the room.

It felt like a dream.

However, the more she looked the more she couldn't deny it any longer.

"Why am I alive? I thought I died."

Then, she noticed a man beside her whose eyes seemed to slowly open due to the sudden movements she made. Not even a second, he brought her into a tight embrace.

Tears streamed down his cheeks happily as he eventually released her from his arms.

"Mother! Father! Mei, she has awakened." he yelled.

Soon enough footsteps approached and entered the room.

Ha Lee on the other hand, was still confused about the situation. She couldn't quite process what was going on.

It was all happening so fast.

Looking to the side, she saw her reflection. This person was not her but someone else.

Rushing to her, was the woman, who began to also hug her tightly. "My child, don't you know how much you scared us." her eyes couldn't hold back those tears.

Ha Lee's expression remained straight but still in confusion. Slowly, she pushed away the woman and looked at the three in the room whose expressions were filled with joy.

It was then those heart wrenching words reached their ears.

"Who are you?"

This was just another day at the training grounds for him. He was granted the position of Commander Yusheng, which he insisted his name be used.

Rather than go train with the others, he laid on the thick branch of the large tree. In his hands he held a jasmine flower he'd stolen from the Plum Palace not too long ago.

Although it was forbidden to enter that place, he still did anyways. It were as though something was pulling him there.

Other than that, he was happy to hear the news that his friend's sister has finally awakened, but with a lost memory.

The day was also beautiful but not his aching heart. Although months have passed, he still waited like how she waited for him to return from the war.

From the corner of his eye, he then noticed a young maiden approaching. He recognized her to be Li Mei.

She sat against the tree, looking to relax herself.

Extending out his arm, he dropped the flower in his hands and landed on her lap.

Her face turned up to meet eyes with him. Yusheng just returned a smile to her and jumped down from where he sat. He decided to pretend he didn't know her and act as though he was meeting her for the first time just for the heck of it.

"Hello Young Miss, I am a member of the troops, an important figure I'd say."

This situation was quite similar to when Yusheng and Ha Lee first met.

Li Mei not knowing who he is bow with respects, "My name is Li Mei, I came with my brother and father today." she presented herself almost nervously.

Taking a closer look, he seemed familiar as if she knew him, someone she could trust.

"Why do you seem so familiar to me?"

"Li Mei?....Ah, you're Li Dai's younger sister!" he exclaimed playfully.

It was then he took her hand and guided her back.

Later that same day, Yusheng came back to that tree only to see her again. Coming closer, she seemed to be taking a nap.

Noticing the presence of someone, she slowly opened her eyes.

This was a surprise to the Commander.

They felt the same.

Cutting to the time when Yusheng had just gotten back from the Lotus Palace visiting his mother, he seemed to be rather stressed and torn from the weight of everything. His heart was still in dilemma at her disappearance along with the worries he had for his mother.

Unable to sleep, he left to his wife, Li Mei. Reaching there he saw the light in her room was still flickering and assumed her to be awake.

He called out to her.

"Li Mei,"

"Mm," a simple answer.

Knowing she's awake, he allowed himself in. Her back faced him and seemed to be writing something at her desk. She was also humming a sort of melody he did not know of, but one thing however caught his eye.

From his view, he saw what she wrote making his heart pound uncontrollably.

"Feng, I wonder where you are. I'm here, inside Li Mei. I can't seem to remember your voice nor you that much anymore. All I know is that I am still waiting for you......."

Feeling his steps getting closer she quickly folded and tucked away that paper.

Seeing him, he looked troubled and immediately took his hand.

As they walked through the night, eventually the two made it to the lake.

He noticed how cold she was and pulled her in, wrapping his arm over her shoulder.

Her eyes only looked at him and then to the ground with a blush unknown to her.

Yusheng on the other hand was still in thought of everything, but now he was sure. He knew where that part of him has gone.

"I've finally found you, you don't have to cry anymore. I'm here, Ha Lee."
.
.
.