Chapter 8

This date, marked the marriage ceremony. Nobles throughout the capital, will soon come to celebrate the marriage of the gallant 3rd prince and General Li's daughter.

The bride's dowry has already been given.

As nobles entered, the 3rd prince conversed with those that came forward to congratulate him. During this, his bride awaited in another room with her red veil over her head. Only the groom, was to lift it.

In this same room, was her family and Niu Xia besides her father, who was to be present with her groom.

"How do you feel?" her mother, Lady Fu Lin asked.

".....I'm just nervous." she muttered.

In her past life, everyday she waited for that day she'd marry her betrothed. However, that changed when he never once looked towards her, whom he didn't desire.

Because of him, her hopes were shattered, never able to achieve the dream of marrying the person she loves.

Although she didn't quite love the 3rd prince as she only ever saw him as a friend, adding that he is her ex-fiancé's brother, she still felt nervous with a pounding heart.

Coming before her to his knees, where she sat was Li Dai. Holding her hands, he looked to her, "Hey, I promise you that His Highness is a caring person......and honestly, if you were to marry anyone, I'd prefer him over any other man. That's because I know, trust, and can rely on him. I feel assured with you in his hands."

As much as he didn't want his dear sister to leave, he knew she eventually would, as she can't stay forever like the soil and dirt. Everyone must go and find their way sooner or later.

Behind that red, almost transparent veil, her eyes began to well up. These people weren't even her real family, but having them gave reassurance to her heart.

To experience the death of her family in the past and being alive again with the love of one once more, she could feel the cracks in her heart slowly mend together, but not entirely.

Her brother then stood giving his blood a tight, warm embrace.

This is the last day he will be able to see her so freely like always.

She could only feel the emotions stir within herself.

"Who would've known that something so wonderful could also be so heart wrenching?"

It was now nearing the end of the event, indicating the moment the two will kowtow to the heaven and earth, parents, and to each other.

Covered with her veil, she gazed at him through that sheet that separated the two.

In this dark night, only candles kept the grand palace alight along with the moon beaming in the sky. The people talked amongst one another leaving comments of how the 3rd prince looked strikingly handsome, and the beauty that lied beneath that red cover.

The two first bowed to the heaven and earth down to their knees before eventually, their parents.

Finally, turning to face one another, their arms raised into their position and bowed to the ground.

Their marriage has been sealed.

The ceremony ended, leaving only the bride that awaited her groom in the bedroom with the red veil, only to be lifted by her betrothed, over her head. She sat patiently for his arrival as he must finish his business with her now father and brother-in-law, the King and the Crown Prince.

Her hands began to fidget, due to the nervousness building up within her and thoughts of what would happen tonight.

Consummation.