Chapter 52

This day was like any other. The king's expressions remained unchanging ever since she died.

The Jade Palace remained blue with no color.

Liang and Shing were left to stand around doing nothing. One was still a shit talking bastard and the other stone cold.

As Shing was on his way to the king's chambers, he could see a man and woman that followed behind.

Looking closely, he identified them to be Prince Han Yusheng and Lady Li Mei. Quietly, he followed behind to the king's chambers.

"Your Majesty, His Highness the 3rd prince along with his wife, Lady Li Mei, have come." a female servant announced from the other side of the door.

His eyes looked to be in a deep daze filled with solemn grief and no life. "Let them in."

The doors opened, allowing entrance to the couple while Wen and Zihao stayed outside. Behind the pair, was also Shing who made his presence unknown as he walked in.

However, before the two could enter, Yusheng turned to her. "I think it's best you wait outside for me." he spoke in a whisper.

Ha Lee's brow raised, not sure if she should leave him alone.

The prince smiled, as a way to assure her.

Seeing so, she decided to stay behind, as it probably is best that she is not there. For him to do so, meant he didn't want her to be in that man's presence as they spoke.

As he entered, Ha Lee stayed where she was and watched as he left her sight with the doors closing.

Throughout her stay in the palace, she always made sure to never cross paths with the king. Even during her wedding ceremony, she didn't dare make eye contact with him.

Before the king, the prince did not bow nor greet him. He's never done so, ever since Ha Lee was banished from the palace back when she was the Crown Princess. He saw how wronged she was in a situation she didn't even know nor had control of.

"What brings you here?" his voice deprived of any interest in the young man.

"I want to talk about the Ha family." Yusheng simply said.

He was tired of being in the dark. He was tired of this man who claimed to be the Dragon. He was tired of only standing there unable to do anything as his loved ones got hurt.

Only the true king, the dragon, could sit on the throne with the Phoenix by their side.

This caught the king's attention causing his hand to form into a fist.

Liang spared a look whereas Shing gulped at the mention of that family name. Deep down inside, he held thoughts he couldn't convey as he was just a guard, a protector.

A protector that fended for the wrong person.

"Why must you mention that horrible name every time you come by?!" he growled.

The prince gave a hateful glare, "Then Your Majesty, won't you tell me why that name is so 'horrible?' What was so horrible about that family that you won't even investigate their case? Sir Ha Ru has been with our family for a long time, and was companion of His Highness Han Ru..... So tell me," he paused briefly, recalling the torture his love experienced.

"WHAT WAS SO HORRIBLE ABOUT THAT FAMILY?!" he roared.

The rage in his eyes were great. His love along with her family, his mother, and father were all corrupted by the jealousy and greed of one man. Those particular feelings carried sins wherever one went.